1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Andy Gray sacked

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by _viva_rio_, Jan 25, 2011.

1. _viva_rio_

_viva_rio_ Member

2. ooh-bebe_sifi1988

TBH he deserved it.

If he'd said it as a joke, different story but it blatantly wasn't. No harm in banter but slander towards someone who is probably better at their job than he is, just uncalled for.

3. _viva_rio_

_viva_rio_ Member

yeah but he is a legend i will miss him.

4. ooh-bebe_sifi1988

I love some of the comments he and martin tyler have come out with on the fifa games.

I probably spend more time with you andy than my wife......

Classic

5. merrysupersteve

merrysupersteve Active Member

I think he can have no complaints about having to leave Sky, given how he behaved but Richard Keys must surely be for the chop then too. he's been involved in so many unsavoury incidents down the years.

I think Gray was actually a very good analyst and his contribution will be missed.

6. Av u ever won the treble? Av u fuck

Fixed that for you <ok>

He's a dick head. Always has been. Good riddance.

7. bruceandpally

bruceandpally New Member

I will mis the Chemistry between him and Martin Tyler, and the fact that he's a good co-commenator in his own right but what they said about the line-o when she actually made the right call for the Torres goal was poor, along with the comments he and Andy Burton made before the game ,as well as the comments made towards Charlotte Jackson means he had to go, and rightfully so IMO.

8. Dave A

Dave A Member

I don't particularly like Andy gray but I think this whole ordeal has been ridiculous, what he said wasn't on air. It was just overheared, most people come out with the odd outragous comment here and there, many do it day to day. I could understand if he said it live on air, but he didn't. I don't mind him being gone, I just think the circus surrounding his departure has been way overblown.

9. Mick

Mick Probably won't answer PMs
    Staff Member

and in this case what he said was true in 95% of cases. Imagine a woman came out and said 'oh men, what would they know about Coronation street', it wouldn't be sexist it would be true, women don't watch football.

10. Viva united

Viva united Guest

Lol, wonder if MOTD will get him? Will they ****, they're broke .(broke for the beeb means= need more money for Hoby City, Casualty and Eastenders)

11. BEAT MY FACE

BEAT MY FACE New Member

Whilst many people might not like to admit it, i think there are very few of us, were a female linesman(woman) to make a decision against our team, costing us a goal, or denying us a goal, then we would say something more derogatory then had it been a male official. I know for sure, whilst not even really meaning it, these thoughts would come upon me, and stuff like this is just natural until woman are more frequently doing the job. When it gets to the stage where it is normal, and an every week occurrence, then slander will stop. However i feel it is an extremely harsh punishment, considering 90% of males out there would have some form of joke to make about it. I know when i saw her at the beginning of the game i was thinkin, bloody hell, whats happening here. And i would like to believe i'm not sexist. As stated, comments will be made until it becomes second nature to see female officials

12. ooh-bebe_sifi1988

I love some of the comments he and martin tyler have come out with on the fifa games.

I probably spend more time with you andy than my wife......

Classic

13. ooh-bebe_sifi1988

Didn't mean to post that twice.

Like I said origionally, if it was said in jest, fair play; but it wasn't.

14. brainstrust

brainstrust New Member

He said it before the game didn't he? Andy Gray - Probably don't know the offside rule, Keys - Course they don't. Of course not, women are physically unable to comprehend the offside rule despite all the training she went through. Pair of geniuses those two. Or is it Genii