1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Andy Carroll

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Andy Carroll's Drinking Partner, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Andy Carroll's Drinking Partner

Fella's this may be me being hopeful, but i really don'tthink he will leave us! Just wondered what you all think about this 'rumoured' bid??:emoticon-0105-wink:

2. charmingmikeylfc

Bit too much for my liking. Who would you have an eye on if he did leave? You surely can't survive with Shola.

3. Andy Carroll's Drinking Partner

definitly not as much as I would like to think we would be ok without Carroll, I aint sure we would have anything to replace him with. No doubt Ashley would buy another Xisco. You have offered too much i feel and it looks like a panic bid to me, however he will be worth 30 million bids. Good luck today with whoever u get, think Torress has to leave now though. Forlan & Suarez would be nice!!!

4. The Kop

The Kop Member

good player but for 30m? no chance!

5. lfc-global

lfc-global Member

****ing joke, 30m for an average striker?

the biggest joke is Newcastle not accepting 30m for him, they could of got Marins Back to replace him until summer.

6. King_Kenny

King_Kenny Member

£30m is way too much. Good Player but 1/2 a good seaon in the top flight doesn't warrant that much

7. The Kop

The Kop Member

Newcastle who initially delayed their press conference to 3:30pm has now been cancelled all together. interesting...

8. Tim Kruls Zulu Shield (:)

HAHAHa 30m for an average striker, yea a 22 year old who is englands future long term stiker, has scored more than a goal every other game in his first premier league season, and probably the best header in the premier league, is 6'4' has pace can dribble and get past players and can strike a ball with pin point accuracy with blistering power, you dont ****ing deserve him, no wonder your team is so **** with you deluded fans.

9. Spiderman-Mask

Spiderman-Mask Well-Known Member

The rejection isn't because we want more. It's because he isnt for sale. AT. ANY. PRICE.

10. The Kop

The Kop Member

35m reportedly agreed between LFC & NUFC

11. Ze

Ze Well-Known Member

Calm down mate. I don't believe he is worth 35m. He is a good striker no doubt about that, but too many of the goals this season have been the work of his team mates and him taking advantage than him taking the initiative.

The fact is Torres is a much better striker, and I would say he should be worth more than 15m of Andy's worth which is the current predicament. He may be worth 30m to you, but as outsiders he looks like a 20m striker. This is typical of overpriced British players though.

12. Tim Kruls Zulu Shield (:)

sorry im just nervous
    its the thought of having shola as our first striker, he;s a joke

13. Bozz

Bozz Well-Known Member

£35m is a joke of a bid. what are we thinking???

14. Ze

Ze Well-Known Member

It's all speculation at the moment, but It's only 10m over the bid I would be willing to put in. Considering how desperately we need another striker (and a young one) you could justify the extra 10m thrown on as necessary. Carroll is a good striker, and I actually wanted us to buy him last summer before he got to the prem league. We have been missing height up front since Crouch left, so it can only be a good thing that we have a:
    6'4", 25 goal a season, YOUNG, english striker. Fits the bill doesn't it? Even if he is overpriced. We just need suarez to be putting away similar number of goals and oddly enough we'd be looking like title contenders...

15. The Kop

The Kop Member

35m for a player who if he was from Malta would be 10m. getting ripped off here... but Suarez & Carroll > a sulky uninterested Spaniard

16. Bozz

Bozz Well-Known Member

I bet when the £30m bid came in Ashley went "Stick another 5 on it, that'll get 'em looking elsewhere" then we matched it and he was like "ummm.."

If this goes through then it'sa bigger statement of intent then the Suarez deal if you ask me, If this were to happen then it will make the summer an exciting time. Esp. as it wouldn't be overshadowed every club under the sun putting bids in on Torres and every rival fan calling us a poor club financially with no ambition

17. mackemsteve

mackemsteve Member

its all just sky sports news trying to make news so people will watch transfer deadline day. If you did bid 30 million for him then its about 15 million too much for a player who has only played 6 months of premier league football but he will only get better as long as he curbs his temper when he is in the nightclubs of liverpool.

18. Bozz

Bozz Well-Known Member

LOL -

Chelsea : right, We have your 50 mill

Liverpool: Price has changed!

Chelsea: WTF?!

Liverpool: Carroll cost us £35m... We now want £65m

Chelsea: Ummm... NOCANDO!!!

Liverpool: Ho hum, he'll rot in the reserves and we'll auction him in the summer

#ChelseaTappedUpBuyFail

19. James_8

James_8 Member

We wont be paying 35m for him. *It will all be add ons and maybe even a player going the other way.

Remember when the mancs bought Rooney and paid about half of the total fee and the rest was all in mad installments based on how many granny's he nobbed etc

20. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Don't forget matching these valuations is also because Torres is getting us crazy money in..... I also believe it is a huge sign of intent that we can attract players, we are willing to spend if necessary, and let's other players out there know that we mean business!

What player would be going the other way? Jova maybe?