1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

And Still They Don't Learn

Discussion in 'Wolves' started by BillysStatue, Aug 23, 2012.

1. BillysStatue

BillysStatue Well-Known Member

The silly money thrown around by Prem Clubs continue to amaze me. Sunderland are actually willing to pay Wolves a whopping £12m for Stephen Fletcher. Unbelievable!!! That is a massively inflated fee, especially when you consider no one else was queuing up to sign him. Fletcher hasn't shown himself to be a 20-goals plus a season striker yet he is valued at £12m? Just plain crazy. Mind you, Sunderland did receive a bonus £1m from West Ham for McCartney, who we know is not worth £1.

Portsmouth are in trouble thanks to big transfer fees paid and the wages that then go with it. If Sunderland go down and Fletcher fires blanks, they will struggle to sell him for £2m. I just don't understand how clubs can do stupid deals like this, taking gambles that could well contribute to a financial collapse.

2. hedgeworth

hedgeworth Active Member
    Forum Moderator

I have to agree, We have got good money for Fletcher and Jarvis but this is the sort of money you need to pay today in the Premier League.

Swing it round the other way and if Fletcher scores 20 goals plus for Sunderland next year and they grab a European place of any sort then his transfer fee will be seen as a bargain, that's the fine line between these things today.

3. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

If we sign Johnson as well we will make europe!, we have Larrson the best free kick taker in the premier league, Johnson and Fletcher will be exellent together and with Mcclean and Sess we have a best midfield for about 50 years.

4. Neilynotquite

Neilynotquite Member

I think the fee says more about the stupidity of transfer fees in general than it does about the value of Fletcher. Considering his three seasons in the Premier League have all been with struggling teams his scoring record is very good. He's also an intelligent player who contributes more than just goals. Playing in a better team with a much better manager, I think he will turn out to be a really good signing.

5. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

He is a good buy a £12 m 6 months on.

6. BillysStatue

BillysStatue Well-Known Member

You mean good bye!! Sunderland hanging on, manager sacked, Crazy Italian in charge, fcuk me ... if this is what your best midfield in 50 years produces then it must be fun watching the Mackems. There are two clubs I find hard to watch ... Sunderland and Middlesbrough ... dire!!

As for Wolves, time to rebel against your muppet chairman, he is destroying a fantastic club!