1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

An Exciting Future

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Champions of England, May 28, 2017.

1. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

He describes himself as 'fiercely ambitious'. Go figure that one.

2. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

I don't know the guy obviously and only know what I read from inside the club but actions speak louder than words comes to mind. It's easy to say the words fiercely ambitious but most top clubs will demand more from him in terms of turning up on him to training and putting effort in. Fair enough the guy has huge talent but what message does it send to people who have less talent and put their all in?

3. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

Exactly. It's a team game after all, and the usual line 'no one player is bigger than the team' has to apply to every player without exception. Last season we stopped applying that rule.

4. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

I'd actually take £20m and the Ox, although he doesn't have the skill of Mahrez, he doesn't half like to put a shift in, and is a very versatile option, even a possible link up player if put in Okazakis position.

5. Champions of England

Champions of England Active Member

Is he ever fit?

6. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Some of you being a bit harsh on Mahrez. There is no doubt teams doubled and trebled up on him after learning their lesson the season before. Simpson is not a wing back so often wasn't available to assist but he also often got caught out when Mahrez lost the ball. Not many players in the world could replicate a season like he had in our league winning year, in fact perhaps only Kasper did. How many midfield combinations di we try before Ndidi came along. Mahrez has amazing skill and the best first touch I have ever seen, not bad for player bought for 400k. I certainly hope he stays.

Lcfcfox1 likes this.
  7. Champions of England

I hope he stays too and I genuinely think he will because nobody is going to bid enough for him. With him still having three years left on his contract and ambitious owners who don't want the money, they won't sell for less than his market value and nor should they.

Personally I feel like I've been conned by Mahrez this season. I've backed his poor performances because he gave the impression (through CR and CS) that he was struggling with confidence and self-doubt. With that in mind I excused his performances and put it down to him being his own worst critic, doubting his own ability, trying too hard to put it right and getting frustrated when it didn't work out. I was accepting that he's human and has the ability but was struggling because he doubted himself but this statement his representatives have released means that was all bullshit.

He's the only player who hasn't come anywhere close to replicating last season and he was carried by his teammates all season. We even won five on the bounce despite his poor efforts and now he thinks he's better than us? Really Riyad?? He's been our worst player this season and he's too good for us now?! Get fooked Riyad!

If I was one of the other players I'd be well pissed off by that and I think it's totally disrespectful for him to plead with the club to let him go cheap because he clearly believes his hype and thinks he's a £50m player and too good for us yet didn't perform like one so knows he's not going to get anyone bid that for him because currently he's a one season wonder and represents a huge gamble to any potential suiters.

If we don't drop the price tag, which I doubt we will, then I sincerely hope that he accepts it, knuckles down and starts to put in perfomances that will warrant a move for £50m. He's only got himself to blame for not giving a shiitt this season to be fair.

jambawamba likes this.
  8. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

It will probably turn into another Payet situation if we try and keep him. We don't really need his negativity around the team when they come back from the break.

We'll be lucky to get £35m for him.

9. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We won't.

There is a **** load of money flying around at the moment. We'll get the 50m we're asking for.

10. Champions of England

I'm with you here, our owners won't take any ****t from anyone because let's face it, you don't become as successful as Vichai by undervaluing your product and he knows what Mahrez is worth and he's an asset to the football club, his football club and he wants us to be the type of club Mahrez thinks he needs to join so letting him go cheap isn't going to happen because it will set a precedent then for the rest of our players. Playing hard ball showe everyone they can't click their fingers and sign our players because those days are over.

I mean next season I can't see any reason why we couldn't make top four with the rest being preoccupied with Europe, as long as we get it right in the summer. So spend big in the summer and prove to Mahrez why he should stay here. Next season he shouldn't be in a relegation battle, he should be fighting for top four, the same as he would if he went anywhere else.

From now on I don't think any team in the PL can guarantee top four anymore now there's potentially as many as eight teams fighting for four spots.

11. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

My view for what it's worth ... I think he will leave to either a French club or Arsenal and the fee will likely be north of £40 million ...