1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

An actual Barnsley FC real football thread right here (Not a wind up)

Discussion in 'Barnsley' started by UTRs, Sep 12, 2016.

1. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

Sorry to bore you all again with that reached football stuff, but Barnsley won this Saturday just gone, I just looked it up on the interweb<ok>

Blackburn Ravers 0 - 2 Barnsley

please log in to view this image

Two goals in the first 10 minutes gave Barnsley a victory at Blackburn which put Rovers in deeper relegation trouble in the Championship.

Wins for Nottingham Forest and Bristol City, and Burton's draw with Aston Villa, left Blackburn four points from safety with five games remaining.

Captain Marc Roberts headed Barnsley in front from Ryan Kent's corner after just three minutes at Ewood Park.

Marley Watkins fired a superb second in off the crossbar from 25 yards.

Having made a bright start under Tony Mowbray following his appointment in February, Rovers have not won in seven games and results elsewhere have pushed them closer to the drop.

Blackburn have not been in the third tier since 1979-80.

Connor Mahoney offered the main threat in reply after Barnsley's fast start, and his delivery from a corner created the home side's best chance as Derrick Williams' header was cleared off the line by George Moncur.

Blackburn boss Tony Mowbray:

"It's always been a big job and today's results obviously don't help at all.

"If you're looking for a positive and a light at the end of the tunnel, the next two games are against Forest and Bristol City and we have to go and try and take maximum points of course.

"It's a time to stick together, it's a time not to pick holes in each other. It's a time to find team spirit that will hopefully get us results."

Barnsley boss Paul Heckingbottom:

" F-ing get in there you Tykes, I'm off now to get really waisted and have lots of sex with as many different woman I can get my hands on! Yabba Dabba Doo!!!"

Didley Squat, kiwiqpr and San Diego like this.
  2. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

" F-ing get in there you Tykes, I'm off now to get really waisted and have lots of sex with as many different woman I can get my hands on! Yabba Dabba Doo!!!"

typical barnsley lad

3. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

You've just posted on the wrong thread ....... you said 'sorry' so don't say sorry again, ok!

Besides, just cause the thread says 'serious' stuff doesn't mean you have to take it seriously, ok!

Ok, can someone besides me start talking more crrap please?

4. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

Ipswich Town made it two wins out of two at the start of the new Championship campaign as they came from behind to beat Barnsley at Oakwell.

Tom Bradshaw headed the Tykes in front, but a series of fine saves by Bartosz Bialkowski denied them a second.

Ipswich sent on David McGoldrick and Martyn Waghorn after the interval and it proved an inspired move.

McGoldrick volleyed Town level and recent signing Waghorn fired a shot in off the post from Joe Garner's pass.

Barnsley, who had not won any of their nine previous league fixtures against Ipswich, went into the game without full-back Andy Yiadom, who has been linked with a move to Huddersfield.

Their 4-5-1 formation gave them the upper hand in the first half as George Moncur and Bradshaw both tested Bialkowski before the latter netted from Ryan Hedges' overhead kick.

Moncur also had an effort cleared off the line by Garner as Ipswich failed to muster a single shot on target in the opening 45 minutes, but the introduction of McGoldrick and Waghorn boosted their potency as Barnsley lost their attacking verve.

Adam Jackson was just wide for the home side with an acrobatic effort shortly after McGoldrick levelled from Jonas Knudsen's cross, before Waghorn drove home his first for the club as Ipswich achieved back-to-back wins in their first two games for the first time since George Burley was manager in 2002-03.

Barnsley manager Paul Heckingbottom:

"To lose a game when they only had two shots on target is deflating, but the performance was there and there were lots of good things.

"We should have been out of sight at half-time. Mick McCarthy made changes at half-time and brought on a lot of experience.

"We played well and lost, so we will have to play well on Tuesday night [at home to Nottingham Forest] and ensure that we win."

Ipswich manager Mick McCarthy:

"When a manager makes two substitutions and they go on and win the game for you it's great. But they have to take the credit.

"They haven't gone and just shown their displeasure at not playing. They've gone on and won the game for us, which is brilliant.

"They had the better of the first half but the changes we made at half-time made the difference."

5. Wooperts_duck

Wooperts_duck Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

I bet San Diego is a happy chappy <ok>

6. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

Yes, well done SD<cheers>

7. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Grrr
    We will be relegated before we get to play those magnificent west Londoners at this rate

8. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Legend!

9. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Barnsley should've been out of sight by half time, they played around us with ease. Second half subs swayed the match for us.

10. Didley Squat

We're there any nice streakers!!!!!!

11. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

12. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

The Tykes won a game of football yesterday if anyone is interested?

Barnsley 3 Sunderland 0

Ike Ugbo and Harvey Barnes scored their first Championship goals as Barnsley beat Sunderland in the first league meeting between the teams for 10 years.

Eighteen-year-old Ugbo, on loan from Chelsea, sidefooted into an empty net to put Paul Heckingbottom's side ahead.

And Barnes, 19, volleyed home after Adam Hammill's cross fell to him.

Sunderland had plenty of possession without an end product and George Moncur slotted home the third after more good work by Ugbo.

It was a second successive Championship defeat by a Yorkshire club for the Black Cats, who were beaten 2-0 at home by Leeds United last weekend.

Reds boss Heckingbottom gave Scottish defender Liam Lindsay his debut in place of suspended skipper Angus MacDonald, and gambled on the youthful promise of Ugbo and Barnes, who both started a match for the first time.

And Barnsley were well on top after the pair both scored in the space of four minutes, with Sunderland's only shot on target before the break a deflected effort by Lewis Grabban.

The away side's hopes of a second-half recovery faded when Moncur showed great composure to find the roof of the net.

Grabban did force Adam Davies to tip an effort over the bar, but Barnsley were not to be denied their second home victory - and first clean sheet - of the season.

Barnsley head coach Paul Heckingbottom:

"I'm very happy and I'm pleased for the players because they've deserved it. I think it's been coming, to be honest.

"We have to play to our strengths and try and hide our weaknesses and I think we did that today.

"The most pleasing thing about the win was the storm we weathered at the beginning. Now we are all going down the Dog and Duck to chat up that busty barmaid and get very drunk, then probably end up in that 80's nightclub and skank out plus shake a leg to some Duran Duran, Yabba Dabba Doo"

Sunderland manager Simon Grayson:

"They deserved to win the game because they did the basics right. They ran further and harder, they made tackles and that's what the Championship is about.

"It's never acceptable to lose a game and it's certainly not acceptable to lose a game in the manner that we did.

"Too many players wanted to do their own individual stuff instead of playing for the shape of the team. Our fans had a go and rightly so. Football, whats it all about? My wife has left me"

13. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

i hope simon grayson went out with the barnsley team on the pull

14. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

No after that result he was home alone pulling his plonker:emoticon-0165-muscl<laugh>

15. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

probably surrounded by photos of the ex

16. Gordon Armstrong

Gordon Armstrong Just another S.A.F.C. fan
    Forum Moderator

I'm not fecking interested <grr>

17. Didley Squat

Sorry old chap, couldn't give a rats arrse!

18. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

Sorry about bumping this thread, let's just all take a hit and quickly get the boring football stuff out of the way<ok>

Preston North End 1 Barnsley 1

Preston North End had to settle for a draw against Barnsley in the Championship despite Sean Maguire's first goal in English football.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41132798

19. UTRs

UTRs Senile Member

Tykes 0 Villa 3

Albert Adomah scored twice as Aston Villa beat Barnsley to earn only their second Championship win of the season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41209838

When the Tykes loose we take a look into the archives of "When football players hair goes bad"

20. Didley Squat

Good ole Frank Worthington!

kiwiqpr, San Diego and UTRs like this.