1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

An Academy update

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cottager58, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Mattias Kait has signed a contract extension which keeps him at Fulham until the summer of 2019, following in the footsteps Stevie Humphrys and Jon Dagur Thorsteinsson by putting pen to paper this year.

upload_2017-3-1_17-59-36.jpeg

The attacking midfielder has been a regular in Peter Grant’s side in the U23s this season.

“I’m very happy to be extending my time with Fulham FC,” Kait told the official website. “My first aim of course is to get to the First Team squad. Training with them, getting onto the bench, and then getting my debut. That’s my first aim and then we will see what happens. Getting the contract has given me a lot of confidence so it’s a very good thing for me. I hope it is a reflection of how well I’ve been playing.”

Asked whether seeing teammates being given a chance with in Slaviša Jokanović’s senior setup gives him added incentive or focus, Kait stated: “It does to be fair, because even Sess [Ryan Sessegnon] is still not even 17 now. I see my teammates being promoted to the First Team, and I think why not, it can be anyone so I just need to keep working hard and maybe my time will come as well.”

Academy Director Huw Jennings added: “We’re always pleased to offer players who we brought to the Club an opportunity to extend their agreement. When we sat down and thought about his long term future we took the view that we would like to offer him a considerable extension to his existing agreement to give him every opportunity to show that he can create a pathway to the First Team.

“I think that particularly when you look at Mattias’ potential, he played for his national team, when he’s played for the Under-23s he’s often been heavily involved in assists and goals, and everyone can see that he’s got potential to make good progress. We know that Mattias has excellent athletic potential and we are now seeing this attribute on the pitch in U23 games.

Doriley likes this.