1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Amos recalled by United

Discussion in 'Oldham' started by Welcome to the North, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Welcome to the North

Welcome to the North Active Member

http://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/page/NewsUpdate/0,,10337~2316134,00.html

Manchester United have recalled Ben Amos from his loan spell with Latics with immediate effect.

The goalkeeper joined Latics on loan in January for the remainder of the season.

Amos had been an ever present since his arrival and has made 16 first-team appearances for Latics.

A new Goalie for the Posh?

I have the faith in Deano, fingers crossed.

2. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

yeah you are spot on he'll end up on loan at peterborough but thats how it works in their father son relationship
    He's a good goaly and should have a good future ahead of him

3. Welcome to the North

Made some great saves for us but conceded quite a few. To be totally honest, if our defence still had Mvoto, he would of done alot better, our defence is awful.

4. HOADIE_BOI

LOL thats what the gillingham defence used to be like, but now if it went bad we have a lot of backup, Simon King still isnt back, He only made a comeback of 15 mins after 22 months out and now he has not featured even on the bench since then when he got a hamstring injury which was january so he has now been out a total of 24 months (2years) when the hell he will be back I don't know, but we have good backup, we have gowling who is now good, we have Lawerence who is a complete brick wall of a defender, we have sinclair who is completely rubbish and we have Richards who is brilliant the best current defender but when king is back he is my favorite in the whole team, so i would normally have Richards and King both paired in defence.
    Hopefully you pick up and still have a good end to the season
    Good Luck

5. Welcome to the North

Cheers, Gregans had his chips with us, Trotman isn't half the player he was, Mvoto went back to Sunderland injured and we're struggling to bring him back, Reuben has had a messy season and Tarowski needs some expierence.

I think we need a solid CB to partner Trotman, Reuben has been poor this Season.

6. HOADIE_BOI

Seems you need some help from the loan market then?
    Maybe someone like Boyata as, I dont believe Man City Need him at the moment because he isn't good enough for their first team

7. Welcome to the North

Think we'd struggle getting someone like that but it'd be worth a shot, Dickov's got good City connetions.

8. HOADIE_BOI

Yeah I know alot about dickov not being nasty about him mate, but he is not my favorite person but I have got past the anger towards him, but he done what he was told by his team to do and he done it.
    By the way I am talking about the 1999 league 1 play off final when it was 2-1 to the gills with the clock at 89 mins and someone scored for man city then at 95 mins dickov scored their winner but that was in the past he seems a good manager and good on the man
    Man city have moved on and we have moved on

9. Welcome to the North

Yeah, I feel pain from a certain Welsh players goal at Wembley in the FA cup Semis :(
    But he's doing great on a small budget for his first job.

10. HOADIE_BOI

by the way who is that

11. Welcome to the North

Mark Hughes. Equalised against us at Wembley in 1994 when we were 1-0 ahead in the dieing minutes.

12. HOADIE_BOI

bet that was horrible, but it happens to the smaller clubs all the time, but wernt that when you were a bigger club through your good years