1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Amir Khan: Floyd Mayweather running scared

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Super G Ted'inho, Dec 18, 2014.

1. Amir Khan: Floyd Mayweather running scared - I'm the last man who can beat him

please log in to view this image

Amir Khan has taunted Floyd Mayweather, warning: fight me in May or lose your credibility.

Bolton's rejuvenated welterweight has renewed his attempts to land a fight with boxing's pound-for-pound king since enhancing his credentials with a thorough dismantling of former two-weight world champion Devon Alexander in Las Vegas.

But Mayweather, who opted to fight Marcos Maidana in May rather than take on Khan, has so far refused to bite and is instead aggressively pursuing a grudge match with long-time rival Manny Pacquiao which for years seemed destined never to happen.

Mayweather even claimed on Wednesday: "No one knows who Amir Khan is", but Khan is adamant he is the last man standing who can give the unbeaten American a decent fight.

"Who's he going to fight next?" Khan said on Sky Sports News HQ. "If he really wants to fight in May he has to fight someone who's going to be decent and give him a tough fight. I think out there in the boxing world there's only myself left.

Running Scared

"I'm just going to leave everything with my team, but I really want the fight and I think Floyd is running scared now. He's looking for any excuse not to get the fight.

"I'm a bigger name than Marcos Maidana, who he fought twice. He's always coming up with excuses - his new excuse is 'Amir's not a big enough name' - is he going to take the fight or not?

"I think we've got him cornered in a way because after that good performance against Devon Alexander I don't think he has anywhere to go."

Khan's second choice is Pacquiao - a former gym-mate during his time with Freddie Roach - and he says a huge all-British fight with WBA champion Kell Brook will have to wait.

"I think I'll let Kell build his career up a little bit more. At the moment I'm focusing on the elite fighters."

http://www1.skysports.com/boxing/ne...nning-scared-im-the-last-man-who-can-beat-him

- - - - - - - - - - -

The deluded twat <laugh>

2. Manny Pacquiao has to be next for Floyd. I reckon MP would beat AK too although AK is getting better. His hand speed is unreal...

[video=youtube;V63C2Be2ArY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V63C2Be2ArY[/video]

3. Cyclonic

Cyclonic Well Hung Member

Why would Floyd Mayweather want to fight Amir Khan right now? In view of what might happen with Manny Pacquiao, it makes no sense to step into the ring with the UK man at this time. Floyd Mayweather - Manny Pacquiao would be huge. It would be one of the biggest fights we've seen in years. With all due respect to Amir Khan, he just isn't in the position to make a fight of all fights.

4. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
  5. Cyclonic

Hey Shergy. You're right about that Mayweather - Pacquiao fight being long over due. It should still be a great fight if they can get their act together. But it would have been amazing if they'd managed it a few years back, when both at their peak.

6. King Shergar

Agree it would still be a good fight, but not as big now Pacquiao has lost some fights. When he knocked out the likes of Hatton in just over a round, his stock was at it's highest:biggrin:

7. Hugh Briss

Hugh Briss Well-Known Member

It seems to me that Mayweather will fight twice more so he can boast a 50 - 0 record and then retire.

Pacman will hopefully be one of them, just so it can actually be put to bed in boxing fans eyes.

I think Khan has a chance of being one of those two fights - why not? - he's not a big puncher so it's low-risk as far as Mayweather is concerned.

Khan is playing the game by saying things like "running scared" about Mayweather and of course everyone knows it's not true. Khan doesn't frighten anyone but he has a great deal of respect in the business for the way he refuses to lie down following high-profile set-backs.

Fair play to Khan. He has a great deal of ability and Virgil Hunter is getting the message through to him about picking his moments in fights.
    The hot-headed scrapper is evaporating and I believe Khan will have a decent finish to his career <ok>

8. endisnear21

endisnear21 New Member

Manny Pacquiao has to be next for Floyd. I reckon MP would beat AK too although AK is getting better. I think Khan has a chance of being one of those two fights - why not? - he's not a big puncher so it's low-risk as far as Mayweather is concerned. Mayweather might well take the Khan fight as it's an easy option, and recently in his career he has taken the easier fights. Avoiding the fight with pacquiao. Khan would be an easy fight, as the only way Mayweather can lose is if someone gets a lucky punch on him, and Amir Khan is to weak to knock any top fighter out. Khan is just a point scorer, but he won't out score Mayweather.

========================

Giorgi love boxing weil it is ist life

Check us out as well

http://boxing-weight-classes.com

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  9. King Shergar

I disagree with this. Mayweather is better off facing a big puncher, as so far in his career no big puncher has been able to land a haymaker on his chin. Khan on the other hand would be a very tough opponent for Mayweather as neither fighter punches particularly hard so the fight would no doubt go to points. Amir Khan has the fastest hands in world boxing at present and would be more than capable of giving Mayweather a big scare in a point scoring fight.

A lot will probably laugh at the thought of Khan beating Mayweather, but the guy is a much smarter fighter since he's been working with Virgil Hunter. Khan has always had the skills, he's just lacked the chin and the ring intelligence to not lose his cool and get into a brawl. Virgil Hunter has managed to turn Khan into a boxer, a style he has the tools to do very well, rather than the brawler Khan was trying to be before.

This is why I am 100% convinced that aslong as Mayweather is unbeaten, a Khan v Mayweather fight will never happen, as Mayweather is smart enough to realise that at 38 stepping in the ring with Khan would be a big risk to his unbeaten run. He also wouldn't have much to gain by beating Khan, so it would be an unnecessary risk.

The problem that Mayweather will have with Pacquiao, is that Pacquiao has the speed and the punching power. Pacquiao is a rare breed, and Mayweather has never stepped into the ring against such a skilled opponent. This is why Mayweather has been ducking him for so long, and has only now finally given in thanks to the huge pressure from the boxing press.

So it's highly unlikely in my opinion that Mayweather will even have his unbeaten record after May, never mind have the chance to put it on the line against Khan :biggrin:

10. Rubadub

Rubadub Well-Known Member

Wow, so much clueless drivel in one post. You sound like one those pactards from youtube that are all getting in their excuses before the fight even happens. They can no longer accuse Mayweather of ducking so now they say the that manny would have won a few years ago. Bla bla bla.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2015

11. King Shergar

Manny Pacquiao is just a better fighter than Mayweather and il be expecting to see that proved, and il have no excuses for Pacquiao if he loses. Though I don't believe he will :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2015
  12. Lets keep racism out of the discussion fella's!

13. King Shergar

There was no racism on my part :biggrin:

14. Cyclonic

Too bad this fight didn't happen 6-8 years ago when at their best. At 37 and 38, there's every chance that the ref will have troubles keeping them from napping between rounds. I hope their minders remember to bring warm clothing for them.

Hugh Briss likes this.
  15. Rubadub

You don't even have the balls to reply so you remove posts that are not to your liking. Coward with mod powers.

16. Nothing to do with my liking, I wasn't bothered. There was a complaint and I dealt with it. I've reinstated the post but removed the word 'Asian' as I'm guessing that's what the issue was. That's not me agreeing or disagreeing but there wasn't really a need to put that word in there really.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2015
  17. L_M

L_M Active Member

I simply can't see Amir testing Floyd more than Manny did, despite Manny blaming his shoulder injury for his defeat.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/32572399

Floyd landed many more punches than Manny did (148 to 81), think it would've been a much closer fight if they fought 5 years ago. Amir has fast hand speed, but is simply not in the same league as Floyd. If they fight, it'll be another unanimous decision IMO.

18. I reckon Floyd would destroy Kahn.

19. sheffordqpr

sheffordqpr Well-Known Member

I hope Khan does take on Mayweather, he will lose, but in the meantime Kell Brook can hone his skills further and be Mayweather's 50th fight and his first loss.

20. Rubadub

As I said. Clueless drivel. Stick to tiddlywinks or horse racing because you clearly do not know **** about boxing.

sheffordqpr likes this.