1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Amex Pictures

Discussion in 'Brighton' started by WWOCB, Jun 3, 2011.

1. WWOCB

WWOCB Active Member

Hi guys, Charlton fan in peace...

Just took a look at some pictures on your site of The Amex stadium and I must say I'm impressed. I know a lot of money has been invested by your club in its construction, yet it still has an air of 'homeliness about it'. Something I'm sure you've all been craving after spending years at the Withdean. As for the latter, I'm glad I got to see the old place before you were relocated (although the game itself I didn't see much of due to the distance from the pitch coupled with a horrid fog). Anyways good luck to you guys this coming season, try not go up to The Prem as I'm rather looking forward to seeing the Amex ASAP :cheesy:

2. sanpedro

sanpedro Member

Hey, Ipswich fan in pieces!
    First Congratutions on the Championship win. We at Ipswich are very pleased for you and one of our favorite sons Mauricio.
    Just been checking out the pictures of your gorgeous new statium, and i have to say i'm massively impressed.
    Good luck for next season.

3. borntobebhafc

borntobebhafc Member

cheers guys, 14 years later we have a home look forward to see you all ( losing ;) ) at the amex,

WeWantOurCharltonBack hope to see you guys nexted year love coming to your ground in the last two years nothing to do with the 6 points we have picked up there, far to nice for league one

4. H bomb

H bomb Active Member

Evening Seagulls.

Just wanted to comment on your new stadium...It looks all kinds of awesome guys. Your club have done you proud. Looking forward to visiting next season.

One quick question: Is it true that the Away section in the foyer/refreshment area can be altered each game via lighting etc to reflect which ever team your playing?.....Pretty cool if its true but I can't help thinking I've been wound up.

All the best Seagulls.

5. Sergei Gotsmanov

Not a wind up. The lighting in the away end will be changed to match the colours of the visiting team and the TVs will show pictures of their legends and memorable games etc.

Mixed opinion doen here as to whether this is good. Some think away teams should get a hostile reception. Personally I think it's a nice touch and shows a changing face to game which is needed to make it more attractive to a wider audience.

6. H bomb

H bomb Active Member

really?...well I got to say I'm impressed...massive amount of thought gone into all aspects of the design (owe my mate £10 now though <doh>).

I agree its a good move and respect to your club for the initiative. You'll always get the idiots who want to goad each other but personally, seeing old games will take my mind off the generic football pasty :)

cheers Sergei <ok>

7. Sergei Gotsmanov

You're in for a treat then coz there'll be nothing generic about the pasties if the pies are anything to go by. Our pies are being cooked on site and are produced locally. They will rival delia's at Norwich. If you've tried Pieminister or Higgidy pies ours will be similar, but better. Can't wait!

8. Sergei Gotsmanov

Forgot to say that we will also be serving ale brewed locally to the away club in the away end....if ale is your thing I imagine that's quite good.

9. Pilki01

Pilki01 Member

Sounds very good to me, looking foward to next season. The stadium looks great, reminds me of the madejski a lot. How much can the away end hold though?

10. Sergei Gotsmanov

Think it holds about 2500 with extra seats in the east stand for cup games where 15% of capacity is needed for away fans.

11. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0104-surpr Is that possible? can not be true <yikes>

Terrific looking stadium guys, really impressed and as much as Brighton fans loved the Goldstone, such a massive improvement <ok>

Good luck next season, should be a great atmosphere in the Amex with hopefully frequent full houses to get the place really bouncing.

12. St_Harls

St_Harls Member

Looking forward to seeing the new ground on Jan 2nd, been keeping tabs on the build for the last 18 months or so and I'm impressed with the Amex. Good luck for the forth coming season and see you's soon. COYR

13. sotonsaint

sotonsaint Well-Known Member

Saints fan in peace. Your new stadium looks impressive. But why are there massive gaps in the corners of the stands?

14. Leeds Seagull

Leeds Seagull New Member

I belive it has something to do with the planning permission wich was a nightmare to get. They had to limit the number of seats but also have enough room to add another 10,000 seats when the next lot of planning is granted

15. Horsham_Tiger

Horsham_Tiger Well-Known Member

Looking forward to some Harvey's and a decent pie down at the Amex. Makes Selhurst Park look pretty poor.......

16. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

There are not many places that don't, what a dump <laugh>

17. Sergei Gotsmanov

I know. Doesn't look great. I fear it may look a little unfinished.

We have to get additional planning permission to fill in the corners. We also have the ability to add an extra tier to the east stand without lifting the roof/arch taking capacity to somewhere in the region of 30k. I believe plans are in place to make this happen sooner rather than later.

18. sotonsaint

sotonsaint Well-Known Member

Well that's fair enough. I just was a little confused why the gaps were there. Which stand are the away fans going to be situated?

19. Sergei Gotsmanov

Away fans will be in the south stand, the one without any seagulls.

20. The Dandy Highwayman

Stadium looks great.