1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Am I getting hacked off!!

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by deleted....., May 18, 2011.

1. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

Why can't we make decisions quickly, offer contracts to players we want to keep and give them a deadline of end of this week (even if that means releasing Semedo), release players we no longer want, get new players to sign on pre-contract and clear out non-playing staff we no longer require (Chief Scout).

Squad should be in place by 3rd week of June latest, if new players do not want to sign then wish them well and move on. Some tinkering (season long loans) after that date but exception rather than rule.

It's not difficult, other teams do it, so why not us? However, we are :emoticon-0159-musicCAFC:emoticon-0159-music which could explain it.

AllHell

2. brb

brb Guest

AllHell - you have a PM

3. weekendpikey

weekendpikey New Member

Fully agree Allhell, Just take a look on Sky football transfer website and most teams are hitting the ground running.As our crap season has now finished, no doubt our over achieving players must be exhausted and need a long holiday in the Caribbean,Maldives but NOT Margate or Bognor like the rest of us.Not one of the players has contacted me to see if they can borrow my Caravan for a fortnight,so they must be on too much money.
    I ca'nt wait for September when the Board and management finally get off their A@ses and hopefully get a buy one get one free player(s) from a Championship side,Pub team or Job Centre.<grr>

4. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

Quite agree, AHLL, but it always seems to be the way at summer, goodness knows why, maybe agents playing hard to get. As for Phil Chapple, does anyone know what he actually does to earn his corn?

5. Tewkesbury Addick

Tewkesbury Addick Active Member

Something else - as a marketing bod, I'd be going hell for leather in the close season to keep people interested, in touch and happy - there's season tickets to sell and that's going to be a hard enough job without the club suddenly going schtum when what we want is definite signs of movement. Very, very odd.

Of course, there is one reason that there's no news about re-signing some of our out-of-contract players...no, surely not.

6. blockmaddick

blockmaddick Member

i hate the rumour mills when it comes to us, we never act early, it'll be mid june before we have the foggiest whats going on, the club and its comunication with fans at 1st team level is terrible, but they like to inform us wagner will be at the valley as if its breaking transfer news.

7. houndal

houndal Member

Breaking news: Greek striking pair sighted at the Valley.
    Stavros Flatley will be CP first signing.
    On the OS - must be true <rofl>

8. ForestHillBilly

Until anyone actually signs a contract what can the club really say?

9. Tewkesbury Addick

Tewkesbury Addick Active Member

Something like - "Everyone at the club is working their 'nads off to make sure that you, our long suffering fans don't have to endure another season of the old pony we've served up this time round".

Needs some work, but you get the general idea...

10. deleted.....

The Hartlepool manager has said "Don't worry about the players we are releasing, when you see the quality of the players we are about to bring in you will understand our decisions" They then announce that they have signed two quality (for L1) players and that 4 or 5 existing players have signed on again.

That's what I want to hear! Not "will you supporters please come and work at the Valley for free because we do not have the money to pay companies to do necessary works" What does that suggest about our transfer budget?

11. weekendpikey

weekendpikey New Member

STOP PRESS!!!!!!
    Chris Powell has just booked my caravan for the last two weeks in July,he mentioned something about touring Brazil with it so you never know he might bring back the next Ronaldinho, Pele etc.to sign for the club .:emoticon-0105-wink::emoticon-0105-wink:

12. ForestHillBilly

Communication doesn't seem to be the owners' strong point.

13. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Slater said in his recent press release that the wheels were already in motion re player recruitment.

Also, with players saying they aren't sure what's going on- this is the response that is urged via the media training they participate in.

14. deleted.....

Super, I don't want to hear that wheels are in motion <grr> I want to know who were signing! Some people say I'm very impatient ....... but I say I'm just old!!

Will the Club please tell me something..... well anything..... I want to hear :(

15. houndal

houndal Member

Allhell - try this:
    "Apologies for Parky. We knew he was crap but still employed him and even extended his contract.
    Wont happen again, although CP is doing his best"

16. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

A lot of players from the Championship and down are on holiday AllHell. Some of the squad departed not even 48 hours after the end of season.

Also, it's not uncommon for some to await the play offs to finish as those clubs like Huddersfield will not know what's going on in terms of their transfers and which league they will be in etc- and you will have players that fancies their chances with waiting for them to join the transfer race.