1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread All positions up for grabs

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Oldsparkey, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Jay-Rede

Jay-Rede Well-Known Member

Fantastic display of football. Bamba what a class act!!

2. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Some players in the squad will be thinking whether they'll get another league game unless there are injuries & bookings.

I'm talking about John, Richards, Manga, Connelly, Zahore, Gounangbe, Huws

January needs to see a proven centre forward to partner Lambert, a really dominant ball playing central midfielder and most importantly a keeper.

3. Ccfc4ever

Ccfc4ever Well-Known Member

Amos is good enough in my opinion, couldn't do much about the goal and reminds me of Heaton.
    I wouldn't be bringing in anyone to partner Lambert but as a potential plan B I'd bring in a quick striker (return of Fraz maybe?).
    As far as ball playing midfielders go we have Whitts, Ralls, and Huws who can all play the ball however depending on league position why not have a look at Tomlin or Joniesta?
    as for the players that are left out I have to disagree on John, Connolly, Manga, and Huws as they are still very good squad players with John and Huws being fantastic prospects for the future.

Jay-Rede likes this.
  4. Stevoldinho

Stevoldinho Well-Known Member

Sorry, my mistake. I watched the highlights on a phone screen and mistook the swerve for a deflection. It was one hell of a swerve mind!

5. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Have to disagree on Huws. I don't know what he does. He's not quick, not a tackler, not a box to box player, links play occasionally but often disappears. To me it is like he's living on the back of one spectacular goal a year or two ago.

Happy to be proven wrong but that's my view of him so far. The fact that he didn't make the bench v Bristol tells a story.

6. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I couldn't see the point of signing Huws either. We had far more urgent needs and fear the decision was taken on the "Welsh thing".

I don't rate him but as said above would be more than happy to be proved wrong like I was about O'Keefe last season.

BluefromBridgend likes this.