1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread All positions up for grabs

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Oldsparkey, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Warnock's line up tonight will be interesting for the fact that apart from him, probably no one at this point has a clue who'll send out to start.

There are probably more than 20 players now in the squad who think they've a chance to run out in his first game in charge. Save for Lambert (if he's fit) there are viable contenders for positions all over the park - the computations are endless and will depend a lot on the system he sets up.

Whoever he picks, the one thing I think we'll see tonight is a far more positive (aggressive?) game rather than the boring "wait and see" approach of both Trollope and Slade before him.

Will it be enough to both please the fans and get a result against an in form Bristol side that have put us in the shade so far this season?

2. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

So long as it brings a bit of blood and thunder to the squad he can pick who he likes.
    I imagine a bit more structure out of posession and a lot more urgency when we have the ball.

3. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Thought it was a thread about Masky and Doris (and possibly Aber) when I saw the title. <yikes>

FrankfurterBlue likes this.
  4. Jay-Rede

Jay-Rede Well-Known Member

Places are definitely up for grabs. Warnock will have no ties or favoritism as of yet. Hope whoever he plays will up their game to cement their names on the team sheet!

Its going to be a fiery game.

5. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

In the absence of anything else, I've made this the matchday thread. <ok>

Jay-Rede likes this.
  6. Jay-Rede

You going tonight Spark?

7. mustyfrog

mustyfrog Well-Known Member

the four out of contract signings -how fit do you think they would be in regards to starting tonight?

8. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Yep, I'll be there Jay.

Usually go on my own but I'm taking 2 of my neighbours up with me who are only going because of the fiver offer.....and one of them is a self confessed Jack.....<steam> <laugh>

Jay-Rede likes this.
  9. Jay-Rede

Oh no mate! Hope we give a good display just for your neighbour <laugh>. Hopefully we can get a win tonight or just a decent display of football for once!!

Oldsparkey likes this.
  10. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

I must be greedy but I want both......<laugh><ok>

Jay-Rede likes this.

11. Jay-Rede

You and me both <laugh>. I genuinely cannot wait to finish work to get down the stadium. First time since promotion.

12. Stevoldinho

Stevoldinho Well-Known Member

It'll be a very interesting night.
    Really common sense says he shouldn't be able to fix us overnight, we were a terrible side under Trollope with absolutely nothing about us.

If Warnock manages a dramatic shift overnight that really is a damming assessment of just how bad Trollope's 'leadership' was. The new players will help, I'm sure but I wonder how many of them will make the line up. I expect Hoillet to start, probably Bamber and maybe even Richardson at LB. If Lambert is fit I doubt Chamak will start.

I'd expect Whits to make the side, but after that he's going to want legs and fight in the side. Gunnar, Ralls and Okeef should all have a shout based on those qualities alone. Is Pilks fit?

It'll be interesting to see if he thinks we've got enough to have a go against a good Bristol side or whether he'll go 4-5-1 with plenty of solid players in the side.

As others have said, at least I'm looking forward to going to the CCS, it's been a while.

13. Blue Sheep

Blue Sheep Well-Known Member

Cardiff: Amos, Peltier, Bennett, Morrison, Whittingham, Ralls, Noone, Bamba, Gunnarsson, Lambert, Hoilett.

Hopefully some fight in this City team! C'mmoonnnn Cityyy!

14. BluefromBridgend

Yes there was. Not the most skillful but the most bottle we've shown for a long time. Bamba and Gunnar exceptional but everyone played their part. Good solid debut by Bennett and Hoilett will create chances the more he plays.

I hope we will pose more of a goal threat once the team settles down.

15. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Great home atmosphere. City just about deserved to edge it due to their grit & determination.

For once had some luck with Noone offside for the penalty & the ball coming back off the bar, plus a Gounagbe like miss at the death.

Disappointing goalkeeping for their goal.

Highlights were the re-emergence of Ralls and to a lesser extent Noone, the blood and guts performances by Morrison, Lambert & Gunnersson and above all stellar debuts from Hoylett, Bennett and especially Bamba.

16. Stevoldinho

Stevoldinho Well-Known Member

In fairness to Amos, Nin, there was a massive deflection on that shot. It was going across goal till it got rerouted to the near post.

17. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Really Stevo? I was directly behind that Tomlin strike and I thought it swerved under Bennett's leg rather than touching him - it wasn't deflected.

Difficult to stop with the swerve and pace on the shot, but Amos shouldn't have left that gap at his near post. If it had gone across him and in, I'd have had no complaint.

18. ccfcremotesupport

Was watching on Sky. No deflection.

19. BluefromBridgend

My brother in law confirmed that. He also agreed Tomlin should have seen yellow after his outrageous dive in the first half and Whitts didn't touch their player for his booking.

20. ccfcremotesupport

Just looking at the table. Only Rotherham have a worse goal difference than us. Most of the teams around us are 7 goals or more better off than us. Need to see improvements at both ends of the pitch.