1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

ALEX NEIL SACKED!!!

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by JediCanary, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Canary Spring

Canary Spring Well-Known Member

I've no problem with that, JM. The question I'm raising is: Did Neil let the board know what he was going to tell those two, or was it a bolt out of the blue? The timing is suspicious to me.

JM Fan likes this.
  2. royalbarclayfan

royalbarclayfan Well-Known Member

Icon or not, his time will come, as do all icon´s time, sooner or later. He´s probably got one more decent year in him, if he´s used sparingly.

3. Canary Spring

Canary Spring Well-Known Member

Agreed, RBF. But my question is: did he let anyone on the board know before hand? I could be way off base. It's just a question I have.

4. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

From today's EDP website following an interview with Alan Irvine - "It would have been totally wrong and totally unprofessional of me, even if I had wanted to make changes, to do that,” said Irvine, who made it clear after the game he will not apply for the role. “We had a group of players who went home after training knowing they were playing. Can you imagine if I had changed that? By the time I got the phone call, the team had been named, the work had been done on the training ground and actually we had already decided on the subs as a coaching staff. They were the group who did our preparation against the U23s. They knew the gameplan. Unfortunately the gameplan got torn up after 20 minutes.”
    Irvine had no complaints with Mitchell Dijks’ first-half red card for an ugly challenge on Marvin Emnes."

DHCanary likes this.
  5. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Fair comment JM, I wasn't suggesting he SHOULD change the team, merely pointing out that he COULD have changed it. I fully accept his reasoning and, as he said, it should have been ok until the 20th minute!

<cheers>

6. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

But I thought you only had to name your team an hour before kick off?<laugh> <doh> :grin:

7. royalbarclayfan

So you do, publicly, I thought you understood football <laugh> <doh> :grin: - and why the unnecessary bite at Dave (and me)? which is what it was, wouldn´t it be in everyone´s interest, if this long-running feud was ended, so that we could actually begin discussing football again.

Just my opinion, and genuine question. :)

KIO, General Melchett and canary-dave like this.
  8. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

I had no idea Jim White had a talksport radio program, but just seen this:

9. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

Statement just received from the LMA <ok>

please log in to view this image

10. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

Oh, <wah> this is all too much - let's reappoint him...NOW!

11. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

He has seemingly handled it all with a great deal of decorum. But I guess that should be how its done. He now wants another job and any prospective employers would likely be put off if he was spitting feathers. I think he will also know that the board had been extremely reasonable with him and that at most clubs he would have got the bullet a lot sooner. He also probably knows that who ever takes over has a real job on their hands with some of the ongoing issues at the club. Although the deadwood will be seriously thinned by the contract expiries due this summer.

Bah!

DHCanary and Walsh.i.am like this.
  12. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

13. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

I just heard AN's first interview since the sacking on Talksport as I was driving between jobs.

He didn't slam the board, or how his sacking was done. He said they tried to get in targets that he wanted, didn't always work out, but they tried. He loves the club and the area, has loved his time here. Really appreciated the chance to manage at a higher level. Wishes Norwich all the best for the future.

He didn't have a bad word to say publicly about anything. He wants "to now get some sun on my back" before he decides on his next move.

:emoticon-0137-clapp Very professional, and very nice of him to not air any grievances.

14. royalbarclayfan

You seem to have plenty to say on here today, Cromer, but apparently can´t bring yourself to answer one simple question (#127) :( So I guess we´ll all have to read into that, what we will. Very sad!

15. royalbarclayfan

Neil´s response to his sacking seems very much in character to me, he´s always come across as being decent, down to earth and very open in his comments. Good luck to him in the future.

JM Fan likes this.
  16. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

Agree with this, good luck with the next chapter. Not much else he could have said, mind, without sounding bitter and vitriolic which would do him no favours once he had some 'sun on his back'.
    (make a nice change from having 'fans on his back'!)
    Re your earlier question, well, where do I start?
    Pots and kettles, glass houses throwing stones etc etc.
    How about 'it takes two to tango'? ;)

Hera likes this.
  17. royalbarclayfan

Yes, I realise all that Cromer, and you can include ´two wrongs don´t etc etc´ but it would certainly be encouraging to know whether you would like the conflict to stop and are prepared to actively take part in it so doing, or whether you´re quite content for it to run for ever, because it´s certainly doing nothing for the general harmony on the board.

For what it´s worth, I would like nothing better than to be able to post my little contributions, and be able to voice my opinions, wayward or otherwise, without fear of ridicule, and I´m sure that goes for all of us.

Thank you.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  18. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

RBF from where I'm sitting you're the only one that seems to want to prepetuate the arguement.

19. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

FFS Grown men acting like bloody school kids <doh>

20. royalbarclayfan

:) If it´s any consolation KIO, I´m doing my best not to.

canary-dave likes this.