1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

ALEX NEIL SACKED!!!

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by JediCanary, Mar 10, 2017.

1. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

So, according to the latest 'soundbites' coming from 'twinkle toes', there are BIG changes going to be happening at CR. I (and I'm sure MOST others) would LOVE to see changes to the board, but guess that at's NOT likely to happen, so we'll just have to wait to see who is appointed as our new manager and let's hope he's in place within the net week to 10 days, so that he can assess the players and select a team capable of winning at Villa Park. <ok>
    Full story here - http://carrowroad.net/index.php?post=chairman-ed-balls-says-big-norwich-changes-coming

2. royalbarclayfan

royalbarclayfan Well-Known Member

<sorry> I must have skipped this on first reading. It´s not the only reason canario, but yes, I am very concerned that the next in line will be, if not worse, then at least no better than Alex Neil, and I would have thought that others ought to be equally concerned, given the track record of incoming appointments lately (Moxey, Balls). Considering so many of you seem to have such high ideas of us ploughing our furrow in the PL for years to come, this next appointment has absolutely no margin for error whatsoever.

I´m certainly crossing whatever I can cross. :eek:

3. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

There's plenty of margin for error as long as the next manager keeps us in the Championship he'll have done no worse than AN has done this season only with less resources. I'm going to ignore the conscription comments but as usual this seems to be the usual fallback position of some of the older members on here when they lose the argument.

DUNCAN DONUTS and ilovedelia like this.
  4. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

You don't want us to play in the Premier league so this season is looking like finishing as you had hoped it would.
    Believe it or not bad performances are more painful if you spend your time money and energy travelling to games and witnessing first hand.
    The supporters returning from Sheffield after getting humiliated must have felt sick as parrots.
    Just clicking onto BBC to read the write up whilst sitting at home with a warm mug of coco, then composing a poem based on the information is comparably painless.

5. DUNCAN DONUTS

I enjoyed the lunch at TGI Fridays as much as the game we didn't play badly but there was no real class .
    The best passage of play was Pinto going through 3 defenders like a train cutting back to whip in a cross.
    A few times Jerome mugged a Blackburn player to run at goal but nobody supported him and the ball just got played harmlessly back.
    They coped well with 10 men but but there wasn't a sense of urgency or hunger to score and we failed to deal with all the set pieces yet again .

6. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

What lunch did you have at TGIF?

7. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Some interesting comments above.
    RBF - you make a valid point re the general failure of incoming managers to make much of an impact (especially in the Championship this season), but IMO, our board didn't have much of an option and yes, it should have happened certainly NO later than Xmas and as Ed Balls explained, the board meeting was convening at around the same time as AN was telling the press that he wanted a 'summer clearout' etc.
    My main concern is that like the majority of fans, I don't trust the board to make the right decision, considering their track record in recent months.
    I'm sure we'll hear that oft-used phrase - "We've scoured ALL of Europe etc!!" and we'll end up with the 'cheap option' of someone like Nigel Pearson!!!
    Yes DD, I know I and most of the other fans around me at CR often lament the lack of players in the opposition's box when we are on the attack and I'm hoping that that is something which an incoming manager may address and also with a younger fitter squad something we should be able to achieve that more often.
    Don't even start about our inability to deal with set pieces, as Martin seems more intent on trying to prevent one of the opposition getting to the ball, instead of trying to clear his lines!!!

DUNCAN DONUTS likes this.
  8. DUNCAN DONUTS

With very little hope of mounting a play off spot I would love to see 2 strikers and 1 or 2 kids integrated.
    Treat the rest of the season like a league cup run.
    Freeze out the 30 something regulars that failed to deliver.
    Drop Martin Tettey Naismith Hoolahan and bring in young hungry players without too much risk or pressure.
    Spend the entire week training for crosses and corners .
    Both ends

carrowcanario likes this.
  9. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Can't argue with any of those statements- especially the highlighted one!!!!!!

10. DUNCAN DONUTS

It's not as if we are spoiled fans expecting to spend millions on a new side to compete with Man City ,most of us would much rather cash in on our "premier league talent" in order to blood a side that cares about the club and given time to flourish in the 2nd (second) tier.
    Keep Howson Pinto and Jerome and build a side around them with youth players for the future.
    I could handle a transition season if the likes of Maddison the Murphy's Moriss etc can get up to speed and gain promotion before the parachute money runs out.
    My best friend is a Leyton O's fan and he brings me back down to earth if I moan too much.

KIO likes this.

11. royalbarclayfan

royalbarclayfan Well-Known Member

Which argument are we supposed to have lost ? - I´d say we got at least an honourable draw out of it. <laugh> and conscription comments are certainly no worse than ventriloquist dummy analogies.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2017
    canary-dave likes this.
  12. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Excellent DD and that's exactly what AN should have tried after our run of defeats before Xmas.
    A bit like the season we went down to League 1, but we haven't got McNally, Lambert (I WOULDN'T want him back) and Holt to drag us up the leagues!!! <laugh>
    Yes, that's really sad what's happening at Orient. :emoticon-0106-cryin

13. canary-dave

14. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

Mick Dennis is right up Delia's arse as everyone with half a brain knows, I can see the wood for the trees as can most of those who commented on his biased bullshit at the foot of the article <ok>

15. canary-dave

Please God, NOT the wally with the brolly! <yikes>

16. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I'd even want to go and watch the first team if he took over and I FEAR for our yoof!!! <yikes>

canary-dave likes this.
  17. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

I think this is a far more balanced view - http://norwichcity.myfootballwriter...of-looking-forward-with-hope-in-their-hearts/ and when he says Delia and Michael Wynn-Jones aren't just part of the problem, IMO they ARE the problem!!!!

KIO likes this.
  18. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

I've no idea if this is true, but if AN saying the club needed a good clear out of senior players over the summer was significant in getting him sack then I'd be concerned, as this is exactly what we need to do, indeed it's something we should have done last summer. I would still have serious doubts about AN's ability to select the right players to go / stay (for example I suspect he would have got rid of Klose but kept Martin), but he was absolutely to say a good clear out is needed.

DHCanary, KIO, JM Fan and 1 other person like this.
  19. Canary Spring

Canary Spring Well-Known Member

If AN told Klose and Wes they were no longer required, he may have overstepped his bounds and pi$$ed off the board. Klose cost a lot of money and Wes is an icon at club.

20. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

And WHO signed Klose??
    IMO, I'd like to see Wes as no more than an 'impact sub' from now on!!

canary-dave likes this.