1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Alan Curtis.

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by jacks1977, Jan 6, 2017.

1. jacks1977

jacks1977 Member

Do you think Alan Curtis should take over un23s. With his experience it can only be better was in place now! As there haven't been many players coming through over the years. As he got that premiership experience and really knows what's needed to play for first team. Which alot of our un23 would struggle in league 2. At this moment in time. And that's a fact!

2. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Why ? top of their table, unbeaten in 8 games playing an attractive style of football .

3. jacks1977

jacks1977 Member

No players coming through tho fella!! Carnt tell me the management in un23s. Going to teach players better than Curtis. No chance

4. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Well it looks like someone's going to be disappointed .

New role for Swans legend Curtis
    image: http://www.swanseacity.net/cms_images/cry-h-4x3-curtis-158-3500388_613x460.jpg
    please log in to view this image

PUBLISHED
    19:30 6th January 2017
    . . . Alan named club's first Loan Player Manager
    I’m delighted to take up the new role. It’s a very important role and one that excites me."
    Alan Curtis

Swansea City is pleased to confirm that Alan Curtis has agreed to become the club’s first Loan Player Manager.
    The club legend, who has already given over 40 years’ service to the club in numerous positions from player to caretaker manager, will oversee and monitor those players from the first team and under-23s on loan at other clubs.
    He will also assist the likes of scout Brian Flynn in the identification and recruitment of young players.
    The role, which involves Curtis linking with new head coach Paul Clement, head of academy coaching Dave Adams and head of recruitment David Leadbetter, will see the 62-year-old travelling to watch the club's loan players train and play, before reporting back on their progress to the relevant club personnel.

image: http://www.swanseacity.net/cms_images/curt-pose58-1490022.jpg

Swans chairman Huw Jenkins confirmed: “The loan system has become an extremely important part of our player development strategy in recent years and we felt it was vital we had the right person overseeing it.
    "While Alan has stepped away from a direct first-team coaching role, we felt it was imperative we kept him as part of our footballing structure and have his presence around the club and training ground.
    "Not only does he have a wealth of knowledge and experience, he is respected throughout the game, not just in Swansea.’’
    The Premier League has also made the Loan Player Manager’s role a requirement for all clubs to meet.
    It is a position Curtis is looking forward to taking up with immediate effect.

image: http://www.swanseacity.net/cms_images/bristol-curt-4x358-3205108.jpg

“I’m delighted to take up the new role,’’ declared Curtis. “There has definitely been a gap at the club in this area for some time and I’m really looking forward to filling it to the best of my ability.
    “It was an opportunity I jumped at following very amicable discussions. It’s a very important role and one that excites me.
    “It’s great to continue my involvement with the club, but the priority is for everyone to concentrate on the rest of the season and secure our Premier League status again.’’
    The club has had as many as 12 players out on loan at one time this season. Bafe Gomis (Marseille), Franck Tabanou (Granada), Kyle Bartley (Leeds United), Matt Grimes (Leeds United), Marvin Emnes (Blackburn), Ryan Hedges (Yeovil) Liam Shepherd (Yeovil), Josh Vickers (Barnet) and Josh Sheehan (Newport) are currently on loan, while Connor Roberts (Bristol Rovers), Kenji Gorre (Northampton) and Adam King (Southend) have just returned.

Read more at http://www.swanseacity.net/news/art...ayer-manager-3505806.aspx#RJIMTK0uY3yqYMFQ.99

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  5. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

If Curtis is to stay in football I would like to see him get a fresh start somewhere other than Swansea in whatever capacity that would let him relax but do what he likes . I would never want to even look at Jenkins little on ever work beneath him again if I was Curtis ... Could be Neath haha

6. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

I tell you what I will help Alan out I will do the Grenada trip

7. Bap666

Bap666 Well-Known Member

Curtis is a Jack through and through and doesn't want to be anywhere else. He is happy staying at the club in any role they see fit to give him. Whether that be as manager coach ambassador or loan player manager he doesn't care.

Kifflom! and ValleyGraduate12 like this.
  8. Monty Fisto

Monty Fisto Well-Known Member

They've just made that position up to keep him at the club.

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  9. Bap666

Bap666 Well-Known Member

It's a Premier League requirement that the club had up until now not filled. That said from what ive heard Curtis has been looking at retirement from front line duties for the past 18 months but circumstances haven't allowed that to happen. This is a step towards that.

LIBERTARIAN and Kifflom! like this.
  10. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

Well I actually think it is a great job for him. His actual coaching time is done, less stress in his new role.

swan_and_only and Kifflom! like this.

11. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

Agreed. He'll never leave Swansea nor should he. He's been given an opportunity and has grabbed it. Win win for both sides.

12. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

I read something about Curtis' new role being a P.L. requirement, and wonder why the Swans' didn't feel the need to comply until now. Presumably the requirement wasn't written in stone.

Sounds like just the role for Alan Curtis, keeping him gainfully occupied, and out of Clements' hair.

Kifflom! likes this.
  13. Kifflom!

...whilst always being available for consultation if required. Sounds like a great deal for everyone. <ok>

14. LIBERTARIAN

Curtis' new role sounds like the football equivalent of the Minister of State for Northern Ireland, where the incumbent Prime Minister virtually banishes individuals they see as, a) a troublemaker, b) a threat, or c) they just don't like them.
    Since Curtis is clearly not a troublemaker, perhaps b) and c) have some mileage.

Or am I being cynical ? It wouldn't be the first time. <laugh>

15. Kifflom!

<laugh> You're being cynical. The role is mandated by the League so we have to appoint someone. Looks opportune to me.

LIBERTARIAN likes this.
  16. LIBERTARIAN

"Cynical". Moi ? You know how to wound a man. <laugh>

Taffvalerowdy and Kifflom! like this.
  17. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

I couldn't possibly comment :emoticon-0102-bigsm

image.jpg

Attached Files:

LIBERTARIAN and Kifflom! like this.
  18. Monty Fisto

Monty Fisto Well-Known Member

His real position will be as 'Reserve Emergency Caretaker Manager.'

seabreeze likes this.
  19. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

If he does ever have to hold the reins again if/when Clement leaves, I wonder if he will be told by text again?

seabreeze likes this.