1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Aitor Karanka Sacked

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Don't get me wrong I want us up the leagues as high as possible. I want us challenging for trophies. I just don't think you have to say no to entertaining to do that. I'll be honest, I think we've been a turgid watch this season. I'm not writing Benitez off though. His teams at both Liverpool and Napoli had their entertainment. Even Valencia did at times. So perhaps his desire to operate at the highest level is making him very single minded about this season. Perhaps he is simply aware of something we are not about what will happen next season in terms of transfers and a linked change of style.

At present we seem so far removed from any such notion it's understandable why a good portion of fans are a little bored and also concerned. We've made such heavy weather against poor quality opposition, that the desire for competing as high up as possible and potentially challenging for a trophy seems as far away as ever

2. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

I have found much of our play boring this season, particularly in recent weeks. However, we have also seen some amazing football - it's just been in far too brief glimpses. He will always have a certain style of play and setting up squads and teams. I suspect it will always be a little frustrating too. However, is it his system that is boring us or is it the way it is implemented by the players? I genuinely don't know the answer. I do know that it hasn't come off anywhere near as often as we would like, but when it has.....

That first goal against Ipswich was some of the best team play I have ever seen at St James. The game away to QPR was amazing once we got going. When he had arguably better players at his disposal towards the end of last season we were starting to play some genuinely entertaining football, not least against Spurs. It isn't enough now and again - but it doesn't mean the system can't be exciting with the right players. It does mean it won't ALWAYS be exciting though. I'd settle for that. As someone said earlier, one lesson we could have had Keegan learning was "a right time and a right place...."

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  3. RobEllious

RobEllious Well-Known Member

I'll take promotion however we get it and I'll moan next season if the footballs ****. Ive honestly just enjoyed us winning games, I'm still feeling the Brighton/hudds results even if the last few been gash.