1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Aitor Karanka Sacked

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

2. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

I'm a bit baffled by this one tbh, yes they're on a bad run, but he's the best manager they've had in god knows how long and before him they got nowhere near promotion, surely they owe him some loyalty?

If there is someone genuinely better lined up it might be justified, but if this goes tits up Birmingham style then they've only got themselves to blame. Karanka is certainly talented and well no doubt have plenty of offers after this.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  3. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

4. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

McLaren back in then hehe. I predicted he would be sacked last week, Moyes next Monday if we don't beat Burnley. The Boro's only away win this season was here their first away game as well.

5. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

I rate Aitor Karanka - it's the players that are ****

6. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

Townsend that's be funny

7. Obi Wan

Obi Wan keeper of the peace

Get a grip Albert. These 'sacked' threads are becoming 2017's version of your 2016 'RIP' thread obsession. Sort it out. There's a good chap. <ok>

J. J. McClure likes this.
  8. Heed

Heed well known cheat

Odd decision

Up to 19th in the PL.
    Three Goals in Ten Games.
    Makes you wonder they've got to complain about.

We wouldn't be so hasty in similar circumstances.

Also, above the Mackems, which is no mean feat in itself.

Baffling....

Delusional Full Stop likes this.
  9. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

How's things Monty?
    Happy with Moyes?
    Do you think hehe will save you boys?

10. Heed

Heed well known cheat

I've told you he's a Jonah....-<laugh>

What's happened to the RIP threads?
    Banned or nobody of note dieing?
    I might have to start one.

Obi Wan likes this.

11. Obi Wan

Obi Wan keeper of the peace

You just couldn't ask without laughing could you?

J. J. McClure and RobEllious like this.
  12. Shearer's Elbow

If we don't get much investment (if we go up) then I can see us being a lot like Boro this season. Solid but won't create enough chances against better opposition so won't score the goals to win games. Fast forward a year this could be Rafa going under similar circumstances. Really is a crucial summer coming up. Our general form this year has made me less confident of this squad's ability once we come up against Prem teams.

13. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

The problem I have is that I'm not sure I give a toss about going up or coming down; I want to watch entertaining football. I'm really disappointed that we've bored our way to the top of the championship.

14. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

He told them he needed an attacker and they gave hin Rudy Gestede and Jordan Rhodes. They've made good progress but a lack of investment in key positions has caught up with them. To be fair to the club it's been a strained relationship for quite some time

15. Henry Boy

Henry Boy Active Member

I give up.

16. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I agree. This obsession with the PL just shows how warped fans have become. Completely brainwashed. Playing in the PL more important than being entertained? Is that what football is about to some people?

17. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

I agree - up to a point. I want us to play entertaining football. I want to be proud of what I see on the pitch and not embarrassed. Being in the PL is not the be all and end all of being a fan. Hell, even being a football league club is not the be all and end all of that. However, I also dream of seeing us win something (as unlikely as that ever is). You could argue that that isn't affected by being in the PL. We're unlikely to ever challenge for the title, so our best hope is in the cups - and you don't need to be in the PL to do that. The reality is though that if we want better players to be attracted to the club, and if we want to be able to afford to get those players, then we probably need to be where the money is - and that is the Premier League. It shouldn't rely on that as much as it does, but these days it does. Even if we can't win something, I would love to experience European nights again - and that is more likely to happen if you're a Premier League team. Obviously being in the PL is no guarantee of that happening. We're still relying on the owners and management being serious about trying to achieve that. Based on past experience we're more likely to aim for survival and getting by in the PL - and that is no more satisfying than playing in any other division.

But as a fan you want to be able to dream - and you want to be given hope to dream. Being in the PL feeds those dreams - even if it is false hope.

18. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

Chuck Berry has potential. Just waiting for a decent death to get thr ball rolling again.

19. Henry Boy

Henry Boy Active Member

I've enjoyed this season the most of any since the 5th season. Not only do we have the most cause for hope with Rafa then we've had for the whole of Ashley's tenure, we've also won more games then we've lost scoring the most goals and conceding the fewest. Bored?

I honestly thought as a fan base we were passed the 'wanting to lose 4-3 then win 1-0' tag we've been wrongly (or so I thought) labelled with since the days of KK. Yes those days were entertaining, but do you know what would have been more entertaining? If Keegan had the tactical nous to have seen us over the line and actually have a PL title to show for it.

The Man City-Liverpool game that's just been on was great, but neither team will win the league until they put more emphasis on defence. Ultimately winning games is what football is all about.

I'm looking forward to the possibility of top half PL football with Rafa at the helm. Some decent cup runs and Europa League nights. If we go to some Shan place in Russia and park the bus, then I'll stand behind that decision all the way.

20. jimileysbaldhead

jimileysbaldhead Well-Known Member