1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Agents costs

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Interesting Rafa mentioned agents costs today.

I remember there was a stat a bit back that we pay one of the higher levels of agents fees in the PL.

I wonder if the issue is actually a stubborn Ashley saying 'we're no longer getting mugged off by these twats'?

Clubs like Arsenal are wuiting reasonable transfer fees so my theory is that it breaks down on the agents side of things.

If this is the case we mat be playing brinkmanship which may mean some deadline day cave ins (in our favour).

2. Hung Drawn and Quartered

Hung Drawn and Quartered Well-Known Member

I believe agents should take their fees from their player
    or was that should be shot as it is them who are hiking up the fees
    remember that agents fees don't filter back into football
    most of these guys have no interest in football

3. RobEllious

RobEllious Well-Known Member

Think we got mugged off more to compensate for the cheap transfers. If I was an agent of a **** French player I would have rung Carr and said I'll sort you out for X amount, knowing he'll say yes before finishing the sentence.
    Other agent these days probably know of these fees and will be saying "if you paid that agent X amount for Riviere, you can pay me more"

4. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

Arsene, for all the arrogance and Gooner-hate he gets, knows what he's doing for the most part. Sead Kolasinac is a steal by all accounts and £46m for Lacazette this Summer is relatively speaking about 20p last year.

Get the feeling Rafa wanted every player signed by June and holds Charnley responsible. Under the Eye of Mordor (Justin Barnes), Charnley had to go back to market-stall haggler, which is the common opinion as to why Lejeune took 6 weeks to sort out and why Abraham went to Swansea. I might be wrong, but it feels to me like we provisionally agree a fee, THEN start to throw objections to get money off, rather than just agreeing and getting on with it. Feels like we're being tight over pennies which mean nothing. What would another £500k off Lejeune achieve? Probably a result like Semedo.