1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Agent Moyes

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by The-Cat, Aug 23, 2016.

1. ZendensdodgyMoves

Moyes is either extremely clever or extremely stupid. Clever for highlighting he needs funds to escape another relegation battle and stating we don't have funds to keep fees down or stupid for not already filling in the obvious deficiencies we have throughout the team let alone the squad. Also his misplaced faith in his former players who are not good enough. I am swaying toward the latter, hope I'm wrong !

2. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

True though mostly with horrible grammar and aimed at owners rather than managers :)

Think we've been pretty patient with some of our managers in the last decade...

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  3. BlackAshCat

BlackAshCat Member

He's not extremely clever or extremely stupid. He's a football manager who's had a modicum of success at a fairly stable premiership club (Everton,for those who can't keep up) and is now on the merry go round of managers who are in the frame for every job going. He does'nt really care if we succeeds or not. If we do,he's a genius,if we don't,he gets sacked,gets a huge pay off,then moves onto the next club that need a "Name" as a manager.

4. J๏E..

J๏E.. The King of Hearts

Just read that and smiled, so so right..

Brian Storm likes this.
  5. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Its like the live version of the Rocky Horror Picture Show on here at times.

6. red&white wanderer

red&white wanderer Well-Known Member

Bri your right about Moyes assessing etc and I think it's t h e uncertainty as to whats happening and it's emotional concern rather than pure criticism.We should be used to these changes - these two defeats are not helping after the high levels of play at the end of last season.
    If we can beat the Shrews and win in Hampshire things will more positive - the club & players need our full support AND positive comments from Moyes to the media

7. The-Cat

The-Cat New Member

Well thats 10 games. Get this f*cking fraud out of our club

8. Nostalgic

Nostalgic Well-Known Member

You have every right to go back to the OP in the light of the situation now, just a pity you did not predict the list of injuries we are sustaining, player individual mistakes that have cost us points at the same time.

9. red&white wanderer

red&white wanderer Well-Known Member

When he first came one of his first comments about M'Villa - see if we can get a better value player - he did Piernaer and the up & comming Mcnair and Love
    He's made serious errors as well as being put in a difficult situation
    His dubious tactics are fundamental to our lack of success imo.

Montysoptician and clockstander like this.
  10. The-Cat

The-Cat New Member

Nobody can predict injuries and players individual mistakes but what is causing these mistakes? The man is a total fraud who got lucky at Everton, look at the bench yesterday 6 of which were his signings ffs. His post match comments are a joke, his player assessments are even worse .After the game at southampton he said Anichebe "was a handfull" he never had a shot at goal!. If he is such a handful why not put him up front to support the isolated Defoe?
    The man is going to break all our records ffs.

clockstander and Billy Death like this.

11. Dancingbraveforever

Dancingbraveforever Well-Known Member

Poor DM. He has walked into a club with zero ambition, the worst team/squad in the PL,and invidually the most talentless players in the PL. The guy has absolutley nothing to work with.
    At least when he was at Everton he had underperforming talent to work with. Yet he is expected to perform miracles. SAFC have become relegation fodder for as long as i can remember,which is not DM's fault. Get rid of the board and there may be hope in a few years.

12. Nostalgic

Nostalgic Well-Known Member

DM is damned no matter what he does or says. Anichebe may not have got a shot away but provided space for others to do so; Moyes talks him up and it turns out to be wrong. Had he come out with a more bland and reasonably accurate assessment he would then be condemned for being negative.

As regards the bench - that just reinforces our situation as under more reasonable conditions it would have contained at least three of the injured first teamers.

We had Pocchetino on the TV yesterday complaining about injuries to his players who I believe to be Son and Kane. I guess that puts our list down as a crisis.

13. The-Cat

The-Cat New Member

All I will ask is can anyone give one example of anything positive Moyes has done since been here ?

14. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

Not me.

15. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

He'll get time, for sure.

Most of your defeats have been by narrow margins, aside from Arsenal and Everton.

Not much needs done to turn 1-0 defeats into 1-1 draws or even wins, but it depends on the attitude of the players from here in out. They have to graft their nuts off, or you'll end up getting more 3-0 and 4-1 defeats as other teams find their stride.

16. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

graft their nuts off,

That should happen every game
    But it dosnt

17. Tel (they/them)

It's the same everywhere Vince, I don't think anybody puts 100% in every single day at work. Some days you do, then it feels good, so you go on a little run of giving everything, but a lot of the time it's easier to do the minimum.

People seem to think the more you get paid the more effort you should be putting in, when in fact, a lot of the time it's the opposite.

Nordic and haslam like this.
  18. E.T. Fairfax

E.T. Fairfax Well-Known Member

Its not only the fact that they get payed flipping great wodges of cash that makes people think they should graft their nuts off 100%. Its the fact that not grafting their nuts off means that they are making a large set of people, who invest alot of time, effort and cash into their cushy lifestyle, miserable. I'd like to think if I was a professional footballer I would graft my nuts off in order to be able to safely walk down the street without getting abuse from an angry mob of supporters.

Billy Death likes this.
  19. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

Yeh your right there
    The more you get the less you WANT to do

20. Tel (they/them)

The perils of being a loyal supporter mate. It'll be a sad day in my life when I let the actions of 11 chumps decide my long term mood.

Nostalgic and Billy Death like this.