1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Agard May Be On The Move.

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Jan 25, 2016.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

BRISTOL CITY: Striker Kieran Agard linked with moves to Wigan Athletic, Celtic and Fulham

BRISTOL City striker Kieran Agard is reportedly attracting interest from Wigan Athletic, Celtic and Fulham.
    The striker, who made a stuttering start to the season after an early knee injury, has played 18 times for the Robins - six as a starting player -and recently scored in an FA Cup third round game against Premier League side West Bromwich Albion.
    Fulham's transfer embargo would mean they are not in the running to bring Agard in this month permanently, but still have an interest in bringing him in potentially in the future, or could seek to strike a loan deal. This could pave the way for Matt Smith to make a return to Ashton Gate.
    Wigan, meanwhile, are hoping to make at instant return to the Championship and currently sit fourth in League One.

The 26-year-old was signed by the recently sacked Steve Cotterill from Rotherham United. In his first season, Agard netted 14 goals in 48 appearances as City claimed the League One title and Johnstone's Paint Trophy.
    City have preferred Jonathan Kodjia and Aaron Wilbraham as the mains strikers for much of the season. However, interim boss John Pemberton is still looking to bring in a new frontman and the likes of Kyle Lafferty, Federico Macheda and Peter Crouch have all been linked to BS3.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/BRISTOL-CITY/story-28599557-detail/story.html

2. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

hmmmm interesting one. Perhaps a deal can be done with Fulham where we swap Agard for Smith? Not sure if that's allowed with their embargo. If not then I don't think we can afford to let him go without bringing in 2 more strikers but knowing how the club has worked this year we'll sell him and not replace him!

3. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Move him on,not good enough,Smith swap would be a good one.

4. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Keep him. Decent impact player who hasn't had enough of an opportunity. Clearly good enough to play as a fast striker, and the fact that we have about 3 players means we can't really afford to lose him. Presumably we don't need the money given our small wage bill from the squad and lack of transfer activity, so cashing in doesn't really bring any massive benefits imo.

5. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

<ok><ok>

6. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

If my memory serves me correctly then someone sitting beside me at Wembley voiced his concerns as to whether Agard was capable of the move up to the Championship, and it looks like he was spot on. The only problem with keeping a player in his form on the books is whether he would be motivated enough to prove his lack of selection was incorrect, or do we just let him move on with our best wishes and thanks and replace him with newer blood?

Given that yet again we are operating with one of the smallest squads in the division perhaps the impact player route may be a better option but motivation and acceptance on his part could prove problematic. Celtic?????

7. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

If Fulham are one of the clubs then we want Matt Smith as part of that deal

8. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Fulham and Celtic?
    Tells me other clubs value him more than we do

9. Who76

Who76 New Member

We will let him go as he is a nice lad just like we did with Cunningham even though we need the numbers to make the bench and not worry about the fact that someone else needs to come in FIRST before we let them go.

10. Who76

Who76 New Member

And to add to that we will probably let him go to another championship club and no doubt score against us

11. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

12. Shinycitylad7

Shinycitylad7 Looking at the stars mate

13. Redandy

Redandy Active Member

but will we go in again??????

14. wings-of-a-crow

wings-of-a-crow Well-Known Member

Fulham know we"re desperate and so hike the price and try to mug us,tell them to firk off.

15. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

16. Premiershiporbust IV

Premiershiporbust IV Active Member

In fairness, if they get raided for Dembele or McCormack (or both) they are well in the brown stuff so for once, I don't think that the amount we offer will make much difference in this case...

17. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Same **** different day then.....

18. invermeremike

Today's does at least smell better doesn't it? Nope just another blend of the same bull feces.

19. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

But it's still all talk and no actual action Mike....

I'm not a huge fan of Matt Smith but he's a likeable fellow. But if he can do a job and save us from oblivion then why not.

I said before the start of the season that I didn't think Agard or Wilbs would cope well at this level.

20. invermeremike

The lame talk is starting to bother me because I have generally found that people who beat about the unknown bush usually end up nowhere in particular. No comments on the unknown bush anyone.