1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Adam Pearson

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Cortez91, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

In the match programme, A. Pearson revealed that the club nearly went for Nigel Atkins as the replacement for Phil Brown/Iain Dowie, but they felt Nigel Pearson has more experience.

He also revealed how we nearly signed Lambert as a youngster an few seasons back, but instead signed Ben Burgess when Colin Murphy said he felt Lambert was more a midfielder.

Thoughts?

2. kccircle

kccircle Well-Known Member

Lambert is 29 and only just doing it now. We might not have got to where we ended up if we had of bought him

Adkins - not sure he would have been that popular a choice at the time you mention

Other thoughts - why so many bountys in a celebrations tin?

3. Newland Tiger

Newland Tiger Well-Known Member

Adam Pearson has a pretty mixed record in picking managers , I'm not even sure Adkins was available at the time was he ?

4. Stuart Blampey

Stuart Blampey Well-Known Member

I would have not renewed my pass if Adkins had been appointed.

We're talking about the sponge man who mopped up Laws' piss.

5. Cillit Bang

Cillit Bang Active Member

Quick reference to the first post, I'd like to think if it wasn't for his nasty injury (which he never really recovered from) Ben Burgess would still be in the squad to this day. I don't believe he got the credit he deserved! I honestly thought he was a very clever footballer.

6. chantstiger

chantstiger Member

Whole heartedly agree with this post. Felt lambert yesterday was pretty much the mobile barndoor type player every footballing side needs to mix up the play a bit but nothing particularly special.

And as for adkins hes so depressingly positive all the time it bores me and quite frankly he gets on my nerves. Plus as it stands hes inherited to decent squads of players and never really built one himself so Im happy we went with mister flat top

7. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Adkins was actually my realistic first choice at that point in time. Steve Cotrill was also one of my other favoured options, thank **** for that.

8. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

TONY_WARNERS_FACE. Well-Known Member

AP's got more wrong than he has right:

Molby: ****.
    Taylor: Brilliant.
    Parkinson: ****.
    Brown: Brilliant (AP himself said Duffen had a hand in this appointment, if it was up to AP we'd probably have ended up with Megson)
    Dowie: Worst. Appointment. Ever.
    Pearson: Overrated **** who never wanted to be here anyway.
    Barmby: The jury's out.

So he got one right on his own, one with assistance and the rest have been **** (not including Barmby before anybody ****s themselves)

As for Adkins being available. He was at Scunny at the time so yeah probably.

9. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

Adkins would have been available, I think I was in favour of him at the time but there was a bit of opposition from fans, but he's gone on and proven himself even more since then.

10. Hesfords heros

Jurys certainly still out on NB, last nights line up was a defo no no for most,perhaps he has to show whos boss early in his managerial career and for that i understand and respect,but it could well backfire.As for Stewart if leicester come sniffing again with a £1m+ bid again we should snap nasty Nigels hands clean off!...nowhere near as good as FC at same age and only hes just coming on.Perhaps a cheeky approach for Stuart Pearce could be a very unpopular in the short term topic but ultimately be APs masterpiece?...remember PT not finding it tough to juggle u21 and us.

11. City1904

City1904 Well-Known Member

On Adkins i swear i was the only one who wanted him on 606........ He is a class act, and anyone who says they wouldn't of renewed their season ticket is deluded. However i am more than happy on Barmby.

I thought Lambert's movement was brilliant..... Suppose we all see different things.

12. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Is that **** manager Mobly the same one who signed Ian Ashbee?

And whatever you think of Nigel Pearson, he left the club in a far better state than he found it.

13. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

TONY_WARNERS_FACE. Well-Known Member

Yeah.

Nigel Pearson made me hate my own club, I'll never find a good word to say about him. Ever.

14. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

I agree. Pearson did a good job of stabilising us, but he was never going to get us to be any more than a contender for the play-offs.

We all know the stories about Maradona and Sheffield United, and Ronaldinho and St. Mirren... Would either have turned out the players they became had those moves gone through? I doubt it. Burgess was the right player for us at that time. He got us promoted in 2004, did he not?

15. Stuart Blampey

Stuart Blampey Well-Known Member

Most of those who like Adkins also wanted Laws in at City before that.

Who'd have guessed Mudbank had such brainwashing powers?

16. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

Even Dowie couldnt **** managing Southampton up.

Ok maybe a slight stretch that, but you get the idea.

17. The FRENCH TICKLER

The FRENCH TICKLER Well-Known Member

He was correct about Nigel Pearson and had a record for bringing clubs around. Nigel Adkins had only managed Scunny so i can accept what Adam did. Nigel had it all layed on a plate down there. All he had to do was give his standard Positive slant. Its worked. He will get his million pound bonus But will the Saints board then sack him for a bigger named manager ? Hope not as NA is a breath of fresh air. Good Luck to him though.

As for Lambert, i was amazed just how long it took someone(club) to go after him. He was at Bristol Rovers scoring goals for ages. Then Alan Pardew(saints manager at the time) took a punt. Again Saints came out the winners.

No regrets from Hull City. We have the right owners and manager. Team is almost sorted. Just need a goal scorer like many other clubs do. I am sure than NB has his targets. Time will tell who they are.

18. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

hindsight is a wonderful thing..

Pearson was a good manager for us especially with the finncial constraints in place.

19. westhulltiger

westhulltiger Active Member

Here's a few:

Mannone
    Dudgeon
    Chester
    Rosenior
    Hobbs
    McKenna
    Evans
    Stewart
    Brady
    Fryatt

20. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

Westhullulltiger you can add Bullard to that list too. Amazes me that people dont rate what Nige did for us. Although, like I said in another thread, I suspect most of the haters are just hurt because they feel he dumped them when they loved him.