1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Adam Matthews

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Tim Bisley, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Tim Bisley

Tim Bisley Member

2. BLUEBIRDS

BLUEBIRDS Member

he is a free agent at the end of the season ,i hope he stays but unlikely as him
    and dave jones dont seem to get along , so another free sighing for you

3. BLUEBIRDS

BLUEBIRDS Member

sorry tim never read your link before posting ,yep looks a done deal to be honest
    with you

4. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Could be another Forest type "done deal" (FACT), but I think this one makes more sense.

Shame to lose him for virtually nothing but the kid has a lot to learn like how to head a ball and defend in depth - you can't go forward all the time.

Not sour grapes if he does go, but he is one for the future - that's what would hurt.

5. Mick

Mick Probably won't answer PMs
    Staff Member

is he any good?

6. Vermeer

Vermeer Member

Jones should have tied him up for longer a long time ago, a failing on his behalf IMO. If he wants to go though, what can you do. Let's just hope Jay and Burke don't follow him out of the door at the end of the season.

I think the reported interest in him from the PL shows maybe he does have a bright future, but they were rather fabricated as the Daily Mail shows.

I always thought he could have followed Bale by becoming a winger instead of a full back. Showed a more attacking mentality than defensive.

7. Tim Bisley

Tim Bisley Member

Aye, the Daily Fail article's a wee bit misleading. If Man U and Arsenal were in for him he wouldn't be with us. Snooping about the other Cardiff forums though it seems to be the same reaction as when Ledley signed. If he he turns out as good as Joe I'll be happy. The Bhoy Ledley's really came onto a game for us the last couple of months. Terrific player.

8. bluebird55

bluebird55 Member

adam mathews has signed pre agreement with celtic.£200,000 compo payable as he is only nineteen.will join celtic next season

9. blueforever123

good player but much better going forward than defending. Will probably start playing further forward as his career progresses

10. concernedincardiff2011

I have to say that i'm rather cross. firstly because he's gone for naff all and secondly because he could be brilliant. He has one bad game and Jonesy dropped him like a stone. Naylor played for the entire first half of the season despite being completely useless.

I genuinely think we've lost another gem there.

11. xLuKeYx

xLuKeYx Member

Totally agree with you, one of the best players to have come out of our Academy.

Gutted to lose him, but would like to wish him well for the future.