1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic action for children

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by johngalleyfan2, Aug 2, 2016.

1. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

I think in our lifetimes we all experience a myriad of good bad and ugly times .. some people care others don't and that's true of everything including sport and everyday life.
    Myself I like to look back and think I have done a lot to help people less fortunate than myself, sometimes the reward has been very satisfying because you can see a result, sometimes you just hope there will be a result, and very very occasionally you see the result and respond afterwards. .. I just have...
    I had been "aware" over the past 5-6 years of a situation , but it only dawned on me 18 month's ago of its very importance, when after a couple pints, after an evenings adventure trying to push our way into never before entered cave passage ( yep when you retire dont sit and watch the telly, get out and be physical!) one of our number said " I am going to try and raise £5000 for Action for children, by sailing around the UK coast anti clockwise, in my 8m yacht TIKKA, anyone interested?"
    for 2 weeks at the start of July I paid my £100 entrance fee and along with 2 friends made it to the NW of Scotland for a week long sail south!
    Today I twigged, it dawned, the emphasis that Bristol City Football Club put on families, and the thought passed me " I wonder how many families go to the games with adopted children, or children they care for?" Action for Children ...... (internet)

TIKKAS TRAVELS IS THE EVENT ( internet) and likely she, TIKKA, will be in Bristol WEDS/THURSDAY 3rd and 4th ... likely later today that is!

http://www.virginmoneygiving.com/team/StuartBarryTikkasTravels ( capitals important)
    BACS ( bank transfer) to 20-13-42 account 40715220 .... ref is tikka and your name, or part of ( tikkajoesmith )

if you feel inclined to give .. or just check out the site!
    Barry and myself have now crossed the £1400 mark over the past 5 or 6 weeks

2. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

Involved (work/coach) in two charities.

If you contact BCFC they allow bucket collections at Ashton Gate each home match throughout the season.

3. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

Thanks for that info