1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ackers

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by User deleted as requested, Nov 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

It's been a bit lively since I've been away <yikes>

2. deleted.....

OK I have a bit more time now....

Firstly I would like to say that Tweaks and Super a doing a fine job, which for the vast majority of the time is very straightforward but at times can be very tricky and you just do what you feel is best at the time.... PLUS it is UNPAID!

What was happening with Jon was that he was killing the Charlton forum, people were leaving in droves and something had to be done, Jon was given numerous warnings about his behaviour, he was given his own dedicated thread to post on, he was given temporary bans ranging from 24 hours to 1 month all to no avail as Jon would promise to observe simple rules and then within 24 hours just break them. After trying all routes open to them the Charlton moderators decided to ask the site's Chief Moderator to ban Jon from the Charlton Board.

I would like to point out that Super and Tweaks can not ban anybody it is ONLY Mick (the site's owner) and brb (the Super Moderator) who can ban people and they will only do this as a last resort.

If Jon had PM'd either Super or Tweaks and asked to rejoin the board I am sure he would have received a fair hearing but no, he started a thread demanding that Chris Powell be sacked after losing just one game having gone unbeaten in the previous five then went onto 'General Chat' to complain about how unfairly he had been treated......... then went onto 'Into the Valley' to make personal insults at Super and Tweaks????? He now expects to be allowed back onto the Charlton Forum???? .............. this is exactly why he was banned in the first place.

Nobody questions JA's love of Charlton or his desire to post his feelings about how the Club is being run BUT we should now allow for the "offence principle" and how Jon's own perculiar way of expressing himself upsets other people, this was something the Moderators could not allow to continue so unfortunately in Jon's case the needs of the many outweighed the needs of the one.......sadly.

Jon is not banned from not606 just from the Charlton Forum, he is however (my understanding) banned for life from Charlton Life and is regularly banned from 'Into the Valley' so it is not as if Super and Tweaks are being far less tolerant than other forums is it!

I would love a controlled JA to be able to post on the Charlton forum, I am sure I would disagree with a lot of what he has to say but I would always defend his right to say it BUT he has a habit of destroying forums and was in fact destroying ours, this can/could not be allowed to happen....... sorry JA :(

3. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

Enough said now?<applause>

4. Ponders Revisited

Ponders Revisited Well-Known Member

You talk about needs, AllHell, but I must disagree with this point. For the greater majority on here, to post about Charlton on an internet forum is not really a need, it is a want. But, for certain individuals, the ability to post freely is a means of social interaction - and that is a genuine need.

If what you say about Charlton Life is true, then I am gobsmacked by such a sad action.

5. deleted.....

The moderators of Charlton Life are also the owners who pay the bills and they do what is best for the forum, which is understandable. Nick (VoV), Typical and I think Houndall were all banned from the site in double quick time for posting the same stuff as they post/posted on here. Into the Valley is owned by Reams and he is much more tolerant of Jon but from time to time (because of threats to leave by other members) Reams is also forced to ban Jon.

As I said, I know that Super and Tweaks would be more than happy for Jon to post on here IF he could control himself but previous experience suggests that Jon is not capable of self control (which may possibly be a medical condition) but what do the moderators do?.... wait till Jon is the only member posting then turn the lights out? or take pro-active action and suspend Jon until he can prove his willingness to comply with some simple (and not overly restrictive) rules? At least then there will still be a forum for Jon to post on in the future. However, his unwarranted comments about Super and Tweaks on ItV (according to Vol) may have made it that much more difficult for Jon to re-join without an apology.

6. typical

typical Well-Known Member

Can I make a serious point about this. We all have a duty of care towards the comments we make on this site and in life -( I note that 7 CAFC fans recently went down for 18 months for racist chanting on a tube after the Fulham game) that said I am not sure if JA takes the comments that are made about him to heart. It would be awful to think that JA gets upset with some of the comments you can find on UTUBE and other football forums. We cannot know what percentage of the derogatory comments affect JA and like punches they can all add up, maybe not for the first few rounds but they do count and they do eventually knock you down. I applaud the fine efforts to reinstate JA but I also can see something more damaging than the ruination of a few posts by his machinations, can we stop or control the responses from other posters and can we guarantee JA is not getting upset and hurt by these.

Perhaps this post can be closed down soon and we can re-visit this subject in a month or so and use ITV as our litmus test?

7. Ponders Revisited

Ponders Revisited Well-Known Member

Good posts, typical and AllHell.

I have spoken with Jonno about all this, and I can safely say he is content with his spot on ITV and no606 GC.

I should imagine the level of criticism he has received has stung at times, but his ability to bounce back would suggest that he is rather thick-skinned. Besides, he seems to have garnered a fair amount of support during this debate, so he should take this as a huge positive and a definite validation of his character and worth.

If I have whipped up any of this frenzy and, as a result, directed ire towards Tewks and SuperC, then I apologise profusely. To do so was never my intention.

So, I shall now take my leave. Adieu. <rose>

8. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

Au revoir.

9. ybabobmij

ybabobmij Active Member

See you soon Ponders.

10. CAFCAlex

CAFCAlex Member

I'm so glad thats all over!

11. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

Well that's alright then.

12. The Kish

The Kish Well-Known Member

It's like the ending of 'No Country For Old Men'.

I have no idea how it's ended but I'm awfully glad it has.

13. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

Is someone going to come and shoot us then?

14. The Kish

The Kish Well-Known Member

No don't be absurd, I don't think they'd be able to find where I l

15. deleted.....

Is that the one with the two gay cowboys? because if it was I didn't see that one <ok>

16. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

No that was broke back mounting!

It's tc lovely geezers favourite film of all time.

17. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

Update:

Breaking news from Into The Valley, where is does appear that Ackers has had his privileges withdrawn :emoticon-0120-doh:

To be fair to Reams, he did politely ask him some days ago to stop posting pictures of JFKs assassination.

@AHLL

I have posted on Charlton Life under at least a dozen user names. Occasionally they get rumbled, or occasionally I inadvertently trigger an automatic ban by using the words 'Powell' and 'is not the Second Coming' in the same sentence.

BUT I do have three live ones still on the go <laugh>, and post over there as often as I wish <laugh>

18. Leftbehind

Leftbehind Active Member
    Staff Member

19. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

I can't see it from my phone - could you maybe pm me what it is?

20. deleted.....

Super, can you edit our own post mate <ok> it has backfired a bit

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.