1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Absolute disgrace

Discussion in 'Blackburn Rovers' started by sharpshooter11, May 10, 2012.

1. sharpshooter11

sharpshooter11 New Member

I would like an honest debate with your fans. Why do you find it acceptable to send such torrid abuse as you do towards Steve Keen? The man has done the best job he can for a VERY poor team? Without this man in charge and a different, average premiership manager where would you be hoping to finish? Just think your fans need to face the facts you are a big championship/ small premiership club with no history other then a few bankrolled seasons in the 90s.

2. ibodyslamrhinos

ibodyslamrhinos Active Member

Not a Blackburn fan, but think you are way off with saying that is a very poor team. Wolves is a poor team, Wigan has below Prem standard players, Bolton are a poor team. Blackburn Rovers have a decent enough squad to finish above the likes of Fulham, and West Brom.

Kean is an absolute fantasist and everytime I look at him in an interview I just want to slap him because its like watching a politician speak. Never answers a question properly, and everytime he opens his mouth you can see it written all over his face he knows he is lieing and doesn't believe in a word of what he is saying!

3. happyal

happyal Active Member

I personally think that our squad at the start of the year was our strongest squad for years. I completely disagree with you saying that we had a very porr team, because that just is not the case. We finished 10th 2 years ago, when Kean took over we were 13th, and with a stronger squad I think that a decent manager should of put us around that area again. So to answer your first question, what did Blackburn fans expect Kean to do with the squad he had, I would of expect mid table, 8th to about 13th I think would of been a expected result.

As to being a club with no history, I again disagree. We our founders of the original football league, we are also founders of the premier league. We won the Premier league and we represented England in Europe, at a time when only the league winners were entered into that competition. We are multiple FA cup winners, we have also won the league cup and charity shield. I would say that we are a fairly historic club.

As to buying the league, which I take it you where aiming at with your comments. This is a complaint that always gets thorn at Blackburn, but if people did a tiny amount of research it would show that during those years we actually spend less than Manchester United, including our Premiership winning year of 1995. Going by your rationally, Man Utd are a nothing club apart from a few bankrolled seasons? I think most of football would disagree with your conclusions.

4. sharpshooter11

I would first of all like to thank you for your well argued posts. Secondly, I disagree about your squad being good enough for 8th to 13th. Yak is a very good striker and Hoillett looks a player. But in my honest opinion you have too many poor players to survive. To put it in layman terms, there is not enough, average, experienced players at the club. I think you have everything in place to bounce back, however i feel for this to be done, the fans must back the owners, and if hes still in charge, Steve Keen.

5. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Blackburn have a rich and proud history. Much more so than saints. So you should not mock it.

You know nothing about football

6. HP Sauce

HP Sauce Active Member

Ha! Like there was a choice..

Whatever has been heaped on Kean's head has been deserved. Go and do some research into what Blackburn as a club has been through over the last two years.

7. happyal

happyal Active Member

In 2010 we finished 10th, in 2011 we where 13th when Big Sam was sacked.

In 2011 we brought in Mauro Formica, Rubén Rochina and a couple of others that never made a difference.
    We sold Steven Reid, and again a few others who where never in the first team.

Before the start of the 2012 season
    we brought in Yakubu Aiyegbeni, Scott Dann and again a few others
    We sold Phil Jones, El Hadji Diouf, Nikola Kalinić.

Now to me, the squad at the start of the 2012 season was better than the one that finished 10th in 2010. The only real huge loss of a player was Phil Jones, and in 2010 he was still a youngster with only 10 starts.

So Steve Kean took a proven Permiership squad, that had finished 10th and just about survived, and then got us relagated.

Right now I do aggree with you, that the current squad is not good enough, but don't forgot that at the start of the season we had many more proven Permiership players, Kean let most of them go for nothing.

8. Pottermouth 328

Pottermouth 328 Well-Known Member

Another nuetral here..

Firstly I find it ironic that a Southamton fan can say that Blackburn bought the title but not mention Chelsea and Citeh.. If your'e owners have the money and of course Jack Walker did, it's still a fantastic achievement for Blackburn.. Also not that, Chelsea are bankrolled by a Russian mega bucks billionaire, so are Citeh what is the difference? I only saw us ( stoke) play Blackburn at home and yes, they looked at best below average that day. But, they have also suffered with injuries too!

For me, it's also pretty obvious that Kean is ruled by the Venkys, they seem to lack knowledge of football, especially at Premiership level. Kean simply could not get it right and to let Phil Jones go for I think 15 million quid? I may be wrong surly was a bussines choice i.e. money.

I also think it is wrong to vent anger at him and the board during games.. IMO you should have done that before and after games as this must have effected the player's?

The OP is a Southampton fan and I can assure you that this next step up will be four times more difficult than coming up from the Championship.. IF you stay up you will do well.. so I wish you all the best with that next season. I also think with youre current player's you may well find it too difficult.

Good luck to Blackburn and Southampton

9. sharpshooter11

Whilst i agree to a certain extent about Chelsea and City both being bankrolled by foreign owners, the fact remains that you could argue both, have been relatively succesful throughout history. Whilst City did have a stint in the lower tiers, they have always had a massive fan base, and the potential to be a 'Top four' club.

With regards to our promotion. I totally agree it will be alot more difficult then stepping up to the championship, but having seen us play this season i am capable we can stay up and consolidate, we have some excellent players at the club and the financial backing to bring in what is needed.

Have a lot of time for your club. Treated unfairly with the long ball jibes, every time i have seen you play you play with a lot of width and play some excellent stuff at times and think Pullis is one of the most underratd managers in England.

10. Bzzz

Bzzz Active Member

I heard the Venkys didn't know you could get relegated when they bought Blackburn <doh>

11. sweet fa

sweet fa Member

Speaking not as a fan of blackburn but a fan of football:

A few months ago I shared your view. I thought the witch hunt against Steve Kean was appalling and Blackburn fans should be ashamed of themselves.
    Then I thought about it....

Football is a results business. The job of a manager is to get the best possible results he can for his team and his club through whatever means necessary. I cannot, for the life of me, see what Steve Kean is doing right that Sam Allardyce was doing wrong. Steve Kean simply has one of the worst set of results in modern time management. I would say that this is largely because he wasnt fired months ago, and ad he been he would not have been in a position to achieve such a bad set of results, but this would further enhance the point.

That isnt to say I dont feel orry for Steve Kean - he just isnt up to the job. That much has been clear for an extremely long time. And with the playing squad Blackburn have, they should not have been relegated this season. Simple as that.

I worry for their chances of promotion next year - Steve Kean can talk for Britain about how positive he is and how they are planning for the future but its all empty words and the fans and players have no confidence in what he is saying any more.

I feel truly sorry for Blackburn fans - nobody is protesting at Steve Kean per se, they are protesting at a regime that is so out of touch with the responsibilites of running a football club that it allows woefully incompetent management to go unsanctioned and unfazed, taking a midend premier league club down to the championship, and who knows how much further.

12. Pete Doherty

Pete Doherty New Member

Basically, Kean is a **** manager and a bit of an arsehole.

However, the team he has isn't particularly great, lower mid table at best.

Also, Blackburn fans are ****bags for the way they have treated him.

13. ibodyslamrhinos

ibodyslamrhinos Active Member

Nice to see the OP actually taking other opinions into consideration for a change, fair play, thats what a forum is all about.

I still echo what I said in my first response to this thread, and I would now like to know what the OP opinion after the video shot of him, clearly without his knowledge has been leaked onto YouTube?

The man is nothing short of a shambolic excuse of a professional. The bloke is only worthy of being labelled, the lowest of the low and a sad excuse for a human, let alone a professional. I would also like to see ALL these pundits and managers sticking up for him come out and apologise to the Blackburn fans who have had it right all along, for lambasting them and their protests.

The video is an utter disgrace, but sums him up in a nutshell. Nothing to like or respect about him at all!

14. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

I think you're drinking the Steve Kean kool-aid if you think that Blackburn squad is better than Fulham's.

Blackburn arguably do have a better squad than the likes of Villa & Stoke, but Fulham ended 21 points above Blackburn for more reasons than Steve Kean.

15. silkship

silkship Well-Known Member

Haha - just stumbled across this thread and was about to post a very similar comment.

16. SuffolkRoyal

SuffolkRoyal Member

If the Venkys remain as owners of Blackburn Rovers, and Steve Kean remains their manager, I reckon their future will be no better than this past season, if not worse.

Venkys seem to know nothing about football and Kean hasn't done anything to prove he's anything of a manager. Unfortunately the Rovers fans seem to be stuck with this situation. Kean may well get the sack, but what manager, in his right mind, would want to work for the Venkys? Why would any decent, proven, manager want to put his reputation on the line by working for them.

17. LFC4life

LFC4life New Member

Big Sam will be laughing himself silly right now, Venkys were guilty of a serious lack of judgement when they sacked him, and Steve Kean never was, nor ever will be a manager. Anybody could see that given long enough in the job he would take the club down, and had he any decency he would have stood down once he realised the job was beyond him.
    I still find it hilarious looking at the names the venkys tried to link the club to in the first few months. Worst owners ever?? Gillett and Hicks may have met thier match?

18. Super_Sub_9

Super_Sub_9 Member

Totally agree

19. Super_Sub_9

Super_Sub_9 Member

Totally agree