1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

A Thorne in my side…

Discussion in 'Snooker' started by cosicave, Dec 10, 2011.

1. cosicave

cosicave Well-Known Member

Hi folks!
    (Prepare for a little rant). ;)

This is my first visit to the Snooker forum and after a brief check, I have not found a thread in which this might fit - so here's a new thread in order to make my point.

Snooker is a TV 'spectator sport' if ever there was one, but I find myself increasingly irritated by a certain commentator who simply does not know when to shut up! Not only does he chunter on far longer than necessary but he rumbles away with rubbish as if he's having an argument with himself! For instance: "Blah blah blah… OK, then again …blah blah blah but blah blah blah…").

Am I the only person who cannot wait for the day the BBC get rid of Willie Thorne?

2. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

And you think you have a problem with Thorne... The most irratating one of the lot to me i Dennis Taylor...!!! I cant be doing with the man...<grr>

He is well past his sell by date, and keeps up this cheeky Irish man with the jokes thing that really gets me... Oh look its Judd's aprents - then goes off on a tangent about something non relevant to the actuall match...

If the BBC needs to anything its get rid of em... Or both... Thorne n Taylor...

3. RonnieCFC

RonnieCFC Member

I like Thorne he adds something to it when listening and watching.

4. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

Press mute when they're on.

5. mcloren

mcloren New Member

He is well past his sell by date, and keeps up this cheeky Irish man with the jokes thing that really gets me... Oh look its Judd's aprents - then goes off on a tangent about something non relevant to the actuall match...