1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

A question for the NUFC Mod?

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Rokerlad59, Jan 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm all for banter, but why do Sunderland fans want to make articles on the Toon board anyway? Stick to comments if you want some banter

2. SAFC 55

SAFC 55 Member

But why do Toon fans want to make articles on the Sunderland board anyway? Stick to comments if you want some banter:emoticon-0120-doh:

3. Schwerer Gustav

Schwerer Gustav Well-Known Member

RIP Bartons Tash, read the article & all the posts as your not understanding the nature of the article or the background behind it this is not a point scoring exercise(and I know someone with the IQ of a gnat will want to make fun of that but try not to eh, otherwise you are dull & predictable) but rather establishing some common ground between supporters moving forward on not606.

Not everyone enjoys chaos & anarchy as any worthwhile debate or comment is choked by the knot-weed that is puerile immature verbage.

4. Rokerlad59

Rokerlad59 Member

Wow - a Toon fan born in the year NUFC was founded - shock, horror!! The serious point is please expand on WHAT was offensive? Craic and banter yes - offensive no.

Look forward to hearing your views on what constitutes reasonable.......n.b. wouldn't take some of your past efforts on the SAFC board as the benchmark as that would give rise to a new level of intolerance.

5. I Sit Next To A Badger-Leazes Corner

Its a football forum first and foremost, not just a place to insult people.

When I was given the chance to be a MOD, I was told to intervene when things were getting out of hand and becoming pathetic, which it was from many Sunderland fans and a few Newcastle fans. I MOD the Newcastle board, I don't control what goes on in the Sunderland world of not 606, do it over there. There were so many comments it would be stupid to delete them all, so I just removed the article.

I have let so much go, as you will see if you go through. I have removed articles mostly from STAN CUMMINS and yes I got him banned from the NUFC board, why? Because he was just being a plain old arsehole, not even discussing football and I bet all NUFC fans are happy to see him go.

And sorry for the year I was born, I take full responsibility <doh> Weak argument that.

6. Jesus Was A Geordie

Jesus Was A Geordie Well-Known Member

Spot on!

7. u408379965

u408379965 Well-Known Member

master-simpson is the one who pisses me off. He contributes nothing to a discussion, he just keeps going "CRAAS 1-9 Sunderland. Still a record"

It happened almost 50 years before the moron was even born. <doh>

The rest of the banter is genuinely pretty good though I feel.

8. I Sit Next To A Badger-Leazes Corner

AG

I agree, and surely you agree that I have let stuff go. But as soon as it just turns into a slanging match between the two sets of fans, I fail to see the point. However, if you are within a majority that wants me to let that stuff go, thats fine, its a learning curve for me and Syd as to what suits you best.

You know I am a mad Newcastle fan, and I'm not a dickhead with NUFC fans, sometimes with mackems but who isn't?

9. ToonSi

ToonSi Active Member

Leazes I've just got one request, if you feel things get out of hand can you step in first and give a warning, then if they don't stop just lock the thread!
    I know you're learning and think you're doing a fantastic job (people forget it's just your first week on the job) so far, but that's my only real criticism if that can even be considered one!
    Just I was gutted when that Steve Bruce Harrods thread disappeared, honestly thought it was all fun & games!

<ok>

10. u408379965

u408379965 Well-Known Member

I've got no real complaints at the moment. I think most stuff that goes is acceptable, but other people are more easily offended/pissed off. You'll never keep everyone happy. Although I don't think anyone but Sess would complain if you pulled **** like this: http://www.not606.com/showthread.php/28330-At-what-time

11. Son of a pitch

Son of a pitch Active Member

Why don't you practise what you preach first before posting this bunch of tosh on our board? What an idiot!

12. ToonSi

ToonSi Active Member

Mate he's only on the windup. <ok>

13. Rokerlad59

Rokerlad59 Member

Tadger - Your last point lets down some of your earlier reasoning and seeming reasonableness as to allowing debate. I recognise you are young, and our Syd has more experience (translation = he's an old sod) to draw upon, but maybe you have to draw back a little??

If Stan was spouting puerile abuse on post after post then fair enough, I think he (as we all have) has learned something from this and wouldn't do the same again. Maybe a conditional re-admittance/probation as a sign we are all learning??

I'm not blameless in the wind up stakes, but I never would use abusive or threatening words (except for our resident idiots, e.g. Big Chris, CB4E, etc)

14. I Sit Next To A Badger-Leazes Corner

Another NUFC MOD is to be added soon, may take some heat from me.

STAN is a twat, plain and simple, all Newcastle fans are happy to see him go. As I said, Mick banned him after reviewing him when I reported him, so the powers above did see it, I personally can't ban him.

You may never use abusive words, but like an article on the SAFC board which has just been pulled calling me a bell end, is that necessary?

15. 5 Goals 1 Hat Trick 11 Heroes-NUFC4LIFE

Rokerlad , you should really piss off now , you've been here crying since 10am.

16. Son of a pitch

I know mate, I just hate people with double standards.

17. Rokerlad59

Rokerlad59 Member

I've had SO much fun - snap, snap, snap - all day long. The fishing bag is full. Keep away from the SAFC board - as it's for grown ups.

<byesmiley>

18. 5 Goals 1 Hat Trick 11 Heroes-NUFC4LIFE

42 posts and I think about 40 of them on our board <laugh> The obsession is frightening.

19. Son of a pitch

...frighteningly sad!

20. Nobbys Trumpet

Nobbys Trumpet Active Member

MackemsRule:
    You bunch of soft deluded halfwits can now get back to chatting about who you will sign to replace Carol the barstool juggler.<ok>

I would love to know who this 'Carol' person is? Are they a cleaner or programme seller or something? I am quite confused...

...Also regarding this article, am I reading it wrong or did psycho say that the thread was still there?

Anyways not much else to say but 4 points...6-2...thank you very much!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.