1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

A Prayer

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by wishiwasinliverpool, Aug 11, 2017.

1. wishiwasinliverpool

wishiwasinliverpool Well-Known Member

Our Fowler
    Should Coutinho go
    Get in a quality replacement
    Make sure we score plenty of goals
    And stop plenty going in
    Let us take all the trophies seriously
    Strive hard for the title
    Not **** it up big style
    Leading us not into complacency
    For the power and the glory days again
    Amen

2. wishiwasinliverpool

God wasn't ****ing listening, was he? <doh>

3. RogerisontheHunt

RogerisontheHunt Well-Known Member

Neither was Klopp when people told him we need a new CB and DM.

4. wishiwasinliverpool

His statement with regard to Coutinho got me wondering today: he states he has no say in the decision-making with whether Cout goes to Barca or not. Is there a conflict of interest between Klopp and FSG then? Is he saying he has no say in the transfers? If so it's a worry because look what happened with Rafa and the Hicks.

Now I'm wondering if he's been blocked on buying the players he wants, although he was reportedly fixated on VVD which turned out to be a mega-shambles...

5. moreinjuredthanowen

Oh he absolutely let the cat out of the bag imo.

Coutinho is gone.

6. moreinjuredthanowen

Gave you plenty of goals though.

7. RogerisontheHunt

RogerisontheHunt Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="wishiwasinliverpool, post: 10837450, member: 1014437"
    Now I'm wondering if he's been blocked on buying the players he wants, although he was reportedly fixated on VVD which turned out to be a mega-shambles...[/QUOTE]
    Not sure on that one tbh, VvD was cocked up by Klopp himself. Klopp was the one that was in contact with VvD, so he was the one doing the tapping up.
    And the owners were willing to spend the money on Keita, that was only put off by RB willing to lose out on the extra money by waiting till next summer.
    Biggest failure of the transfer window is that Klopp has been stuck on just a handful of players and that there is no alternative to them if we can't buy them.

Still I don't absolve FSG in all of it, still a sense that they'd rather not spend the money if they don't have to. Worrying that we also haven't sold much (bar cheap ex-youth players and Lucas), makes me think that incoming transfers are linked with Sales despite all the extra cash the club has gained.

8. wishiwasinliverpool

Not sure on that one tbh, VvD was cocked up by Klopp himself. Klopp was the one that was in contact with VvD, so he was the one doing the tapping up.
    And the owners were willing to spend the money on Keita, that was only put off by RB willing to lose out on the extra money by waiting till next summer.
    Biggest failure of the transfer window is that Klopp has been stuck on just a handful of players and that there is no alternative to them if we can't buy them.

Still I don't absolve FSG in all of it, still a sense that they'd rather not spend the money if they don't have to. Worrying that we also haven't sold much (bar cheap ex-youth players and Lucas), makes me think that incoming transfers are linked with Sales despite all the extra cash the club has gained.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I believe that's true re Klopp and VVD but from what I've heard there's real discord between him and the owners on the transfers. We've bought Salah and Solanke and that's all. This was the window where we were supposed to get rid of the Rodgers' ****e and it hasn't happened.

9. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

You say in a prayer s*** or f*** and that's what you get. Ask nicely :emoticon-0100-smile