1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

A new Mod

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Hornette_TID, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Similar to me Cologne - of an age where the only tweeting I recognise is budgerigars - oh dear, there goes any potential poster under 40.
    Good ideas about other club forums too.
    You use the QPR board - heresy :)

canary-dave likes this.
  2. Hornette_TID

Hornette_TID Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

i am constantly posting on Twitter on the not606 account for our board, just to keep our name out there...in the hope that people will pop their nose in :)

brian_66_usa and canary-dave like this.
  3. Hornette_TID

Forum Moderator

It is with great joy and excitement that i hereby formally welcome Leonardo back to the moderator team! Thanks so much for getting back to it Leonardo, you were always the bestest ever mod, even when you weren't one ;) .

Happy Hornette :)<diva><magic><applause>:emoticon-0159-music

Mexican Hornet and canary-dave like this.
  4. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

You will make me blush - thanks H

5. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Well done Leo I look forward to a continued feel good forum to read and post on! <hug>

oldfrenchhorn and Hornette_TID like this.
  6. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Thanks Dave - and keep posting - you know you really prefer yellow with black or red

7. Hornette_TID

Forum Moderator

Hi all.

It is with much regret that i have to inform you that Leonardo has decided to stand down as a mod for the board. M Frenchie had volunteered last time ('if noone else wants it') and so i've asked him to fill in, he has reluctantly agreed. However, since it's fair to say M Frenchie would rather not be a mod, if there's anyone here who is willing to take on the job with me, as i struggle to be around as much as i would like, please come forward asap so that we can get the mod situation settled.

Many thanks, and thanks to Leonardo and M Frenchie.

xxx

8. Toby

Toby GC's Life Coach

It's a shame Dan Starkey left the forum because of w_y :frown:

9. andytoprankin

andytoprankin Well-Known Member

Missed that. Wondered where he'd gone. :(

10. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

Commiserations both.. but keep the faith... COYH!

Yes really upsetting as he was another decent guy.

The whole politics caused a few to leave after several years of hornet idyll together..

I use to enjoy banter with W-y and Norway until we started that thread.....

Hornette_TID likes this.

11. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Let's not get too teary eyed.
    Dan Starkey trolled me for a while after I challenged his sick humour over the suicide of the Welsh manager. He was no saint. I left the board for a while because of him
    W-Y also said he left the board because of Dan and Toby (who were close friends on here).
    Dan was reputed to have left due to conflation between his job and brexit - who knows the real reason for any of us? (He left all other parts of the board too which implies there was a wider issue)
    There are few people on here who have no downside (I obviously include myself fully in that)
    We stay here to enjoy posting. We leave when posting is not much fun. People come and go - the board is bigger than us.
    If it was all football nobody would feel the need to leave. However if it was all football the traffic on here would be 10%
    It would be better if we all were less critical of people and only critical of ideas and arguments - but this is the real world so we get on with it.
    I am totally happy to step down as mod because what I wanted to achieve I found I could not.
    My advice to my successor is not to be as fussy as me and chill out more. I have never been a "chill" person.OFH does a good line in chilled wines I hear :)

12. Scullion

Scullion Well-Known Member

I have given up on Social Media, quite honestly I have better things to do than read most of the drivel that is posted. I have a FB account but decided I would not post on it anymore at the start of this year, but I check it to see what friends are doing and what some groups I an interested in do. I blocked a lot of news feed from many family & friends because I was sick of invitations to play candy crush, pictures of babies/children, drunken revelry, shared feeds from the most stupid sources and wishey washy liberal politiking (and in some cases too far right stuff).

I like this board very much, such nice people and I am sad when folk feel they cannot/do not want to contribute anymore. All viewpoints should be welcome provided they are presented in good spirit. Many of you are very thoughtful & thought provoking.

Thank you Leo (& Hornette &others) for being a mod.

canary-dave likes this.
  13. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

Thanks for that Scullion.

I am quite active on FB and have cut out a lot of the stuff coming my way. But I do still get a lot of left and far right stuff, mainly because i have friends at each end of the continuum. i have been finding out more and more recently that a lot of the 'news' is actually propaganda or completely biased reporting.. so it is becoming really hard to know what is true any more. I get a fair proportion of postings from ex-students who expose me to more than enough booze, drugs, frolicking, selfies, and world travel than i could ever want.

Overall though i find FB is best for keeping in touch with distant friends and family...