1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

A new image for our club

Discussion in 'Birmingham City' started by Silverback~, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Silverback~

Silverback~ New Member

Created by superb behaviour and enjoyment in Belgium. I have copied the piece from the clubs main site. I think it shows what we as fans can do to make our club great. I don't think it is coincidence that we won the game, and at the same time won over, at leat in part, the hearts of millions. Let's make this our new image. It will take us far along that long long road.

QUOTE:
    Blues supporters have been widely praised by the people of Belgium for the way they conducted themselves and got behind their side during their stay in the country.

Club Brugge officials and the police had words of praise for the 5,400 Bluenoses who attended the game - not only for their passionate singing throughout the match, but also for their behaviour whilst enjoying themselves in the historic city.

And Club Brugge supporters have sent St. Andrew's officials a plethora of emails thanking the travelling faithful for all taking part in the 23rd minute applause for Francois Sterchele, the young Brugge player who was tragically killed in a car crash.

What's more, Blues are proposing to pay the ultimate tribute to our new Belgian friends by encouraging all supporters to mark the 23rd minute of the home UEFA Europa League tie on 3 November with sixty seconds of loud clapping in tribute to Sterchele.

This is something backed totally by honorary vice president Michael Wiseman, who was at the game at the Jan Breydel Stadium, and told bcfc.com: "Our supporters were magnificent throughout the trip and witnessing them take part in the 23rd minute applause alongside their Belgian counterparts was a very special moment. I, for one, am very proud of each and every one of them.

"It would be fantastic to reciprocate that and for St. Andrew's to be ringing loudly with applause from both sets of supporters in the return game."

Here is one of the plethora of emails BirminghamCity received from Club Brugge supporters within a few hours of returning back from their country.

Danny Wuyts wrote: "I was pleased with the positive attitude of the Birmingham fans at Brugge. There were only happy faces and a lot of noise and support.

"I would express them my gratitude for the respect they showed us in the 23rd minute - they were amazing when every single one of them joined us in the applause.

"The Birmingham players also showed us what a great heart can do. I'm looking forward to our visit to your city."

And on the official BirminghamCity message board a Brugge fan under the pseudonym of FCBruges1981 added: "Thank you guys for showing respect in the 23rd minute, it gave me goosebumps to see the whole South Stand join in. You really are an example to other teams.

"We showed our respect too when Ibanez was carried off the pitch, hopefully he recovers well. The better team won too."

Blues are looking forward to welcoming Club Brugge to our home ground on 3 November and are sure the friendships forged and mutual respect will continue.