1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

A Manc's non-WUM view on Torres

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by -jordan-, Feb 1, 2011.

1. -jordan-

-jordan- Guest

It's strange, but I always thought the day Torres left Liverpool would fill me with delirious delight, but I'm actually feeling rather low today.

I'm not overly surprised that he's gone, I think the writing has been on the wall since Rafa left, but I'm rather flabbergasted about how he engineered the move, and the club that he's decided to go to.

He obviously had no real affiliation for the club. He was born in Madrid and is Athletico through and through, but I honestly didn't think he was a player capable of turning his back of Liverpool just yet. Not after continuously stating his love for the club. He seemed to portray himself as a born again Scouser.

"It isn't easy to adapt when you come to Liverpool, but believe me, once you have you really don't want to play anywhere else."

Chelsea is hardly a loving club, is it? They're on their 6th manager since roubles came into town (7 if you count Wilkins brief spell) and the behaviour and lads culture of players such as Cole, Terry, Lampard among others is something I can't understand anyone wanting to be a part of.

Sure, he'll be a richer man for it, but there's no way he'll get the same sort of support and love that was shown to him from day one at Anfield. Chelsea is a cold, dead club with lifeless supporters. And for him to request a transfer a couple of days before the deadline passes and leave you in the lurch was something I didn't think he was capable of.

It was different with Ronaldo. He had supported Madrid all his life and had probably stayed with us a year longer than he wished to. But for Torres to go to another Premier League club, and one with which you have had such a fierce rivalry with over the past few years, speaks volumes about him. As does his dig at Liverpool, by stating that he is now in a position to play for a top club.

What are the chances of him going to Real Madrid after Chelsea?

2. Lewiz_

Lewiz_ New Member

I think if Mourinho had been given the funds that he asked for, they would have made a bid for Torres - I'd so much prefer him going to Real Madrid over Chelsea. Like you said, Chelsea is lifeless, they compete for trophies sure, but they no longer look like a team capable of winning one.

3. Roberto

Roberto Member

That's the most sensible thing I've ever seen a manu fan type I think... :emoticon-0104-surpr

He's fooled all of us into thinking he was a loyal player who when he commits to a club is there for the long haul but clearly as this proves he wasn't as mr nice guy as we thought.

He's never going to receive the adoration he had at Liverpool he's always going to be behind Drogba, Terry and Lampard in the heart of chelsea fans.

One trophy with us would mean a lot more than lots with them.

4. Muppetfinder General

Muppetfinder General Well-Known Member

When I joined the company I worked for I thought it was great, the best I'd been at. I felt a loyalty to it. Over the four years I was there personnel changed and so did the company. Last week they sacked me and I don't feel the slightest bit of loyalty for the way they treated me. (Just about to go to a CAB interview to see about unfair dimissal.)

I know we didn't sack Torres but we sacked Rafa and gave him Roy. He could've gone last summer and there's very little I can see other than nagging feelings of loyalty which kept him with us. It certainly wasn't for the money and prospects.

No player who didn't grow up as a fan can claim the loyalty of any fan. That doesn't mean Torres wasn't as loyal as a player could be when he came and through the good times. And even Carra threatened to leave last season.

5. King_Kenny

King_Kenny Member

If he's Athletico through and through I think it would be sacreligious to go to Real!

6. Chelsea

Chelsea New Member

Sorry but how on earth have you questioned Lampard's lifestyle!? What has he ever done to deserve such a ridiculous claim from a Manc WUM?

You'll always be the club that turned you back on our nation's best ever footballer, and now selfless footballing ambassador, Beckham.

7. Constcrepe

Constcrepe Active Member

Please explain the comment about Beckham?

8. Mick

Mick Probably won't answer PMs
    Staff Member

I've promoted this to an article <ok>

9. dansafcman

dansafcman Well-Known Member

Why are supporters still surprised at this?

Bent, Carroll, Torres --> all stating their love for the club then handing in a transfer request

10. Muppetfinder General

Muppetfinder General Well-Known Member

Didn't he promise his grandad on his deathbed he wouldn't?

11. David Ngod

David Ngod Member

then again this lad is full of broken promises

12. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

This is the part that gets me more than anything. I remember reading about the Rooney saga in October, and SAF's response to his request to leave. Fergie told Rooney that only one thing mattered: to respect the club. I don't think most 'pool fans will begrudge Torres wanting to move to get CL football, but I think he's done his rep a lot of harm with the disrespectful comments and his whole attitude to the transfer.

13. -jordan-

-jordan- Guest

huh? oh i got ya

14. Bridge of Sighs

Bridge of Sighs New Member

It's not surprising he's gone really.After all this time you still don't no that there is no H it is ATLETICO.

Would you like people speelling your teams name wrong?

Dippers

15. Ze

Ze Well-Known Member

If you're going to correct people's spelling, then atleast get your own right... it's "spelling" not "speelling." Oh and also it's "team's" not "teams." Just a little English lesson for you there.

16. -jordan-

-jordan- Guest

<laugh> <ok> Oh the irony.

17. jaylfc

jaylfc New Member

You're a cock.. I hate you.

18. King_Kenny

King_Kenny Member

Sorry,
    I'll SPEEL it right in the future

19. the pieminister

the pieminister New Member

wow, bridge of sighs - your parents must have been so disappointed when you popped out. all their hopes and aspirations of an intelligent child dashed...

surely there's homework that needs your attention or some lego/pokeman stuff that you could be playing with.

20. RushFowlerGerrard

I know all that gin and poking around with a coathanger wasted too..