1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

A good time to buy in and prove his worth

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Eireleeds1, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Im as excited as anyone at the prospects of more cash rolling into the club. Also positive that its happened at the beginning of a transfer window. The next four weeks will give a fair indication what Rad is made of. How much funds will be made available to sign our exceptional loanees, new contracts for Monk and his men. I suspect he is the real deal given his previous sporting involvements and has made serious money from his involvement unlike GFH and previous keyholders at the club. But of course, only time will tell

ristac, 2020VisionofLeeds and Doc like this.
  2. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Does anyone know the details of the deal?

Has he simply bought 50% of the club from Cellino, meaning we still have the same share capital?
    or
    Has he put up 100% of the club valuation, so that we're now worth twice as much? (or a variation of this).

e.g. if the club was valued at, say, £50m, are we still valued at £50m (with Cellino trousering £25m), or are we now valued at £100m? (I've just plucked figures out of the air, so don't get hung up on the numbers. I'm also sure it won't be this simple either).

Basically, I want to know how much money we now have in the pot for purchasing players, ER & TA. Anyone got any idea?

3. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

This could be big time but it could also be another vanity owner. I do however suspect he is the real deal and about time too. If he takes 100% of the club in June we can safely say we go for promotion flat out next season. I expect ER to be bought back and a new academy set up somewhere other than TA. You can probably also imagine Chinese involvement as Rad has serious influence over there and I think phase 2 of his project would call for serious cash. Great news fingers crossed

4. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

There are 2 prices on the club he has bought 50% of Price 1 and will buy the remaining 50% at price 1, unless we get promotion and he has to pay price 2. Makes sense. Price 2 has been agreed already

Whitejock likes this.
  5. LeedsinYork

LeedsinYork Well-Known Member

Thats it according to reports.<cheers> <party>

6. 2020VisionofLeeds

2020VisionofLeeds Well-Known Member

On WJ's question, buying 50% of then share capital does not, in itself, give the CLUB a penny. It means he's paid Cellino £25m (or whatever) for 50% of the share capital of the club. Cellino/family get 100% of that, the club gets none of it.

However, its still bloody good news.

First, if Docs info is correct he's got it nailed down what he has to pay for the other 50%, there's an incentive for Cellino to work with him to get promotion.

Second, he's a successful businessman who clearly understands football, so he will know better than any of us there is a need to spend to get us up, and he will know better than any of us the huge financial rewards for getting into the Prem. Therefore, although theres no evidence of this, I'd be very surprised if his business plan for the rest of 2016-7 season does not include strengthening the team. If he puts up cash for this, he will no doubt expect Cellino to do the same, and as he's just paid Cellino for 50% we know Cellino has the cash and, crucially, the incentive.

So, can't see much to be negative about at the moment, no sign of any - ahem - "legal difficulties" a la Cellino when I google his name.

Fingers and everything else crossed time.

7. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Well I think it's feckin great. We had an Italian owner, now we have two <ok>

8. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Looking at his twitter account, he is a great supporter of https://www.playforchange.org/ it seems we have a guy who is going to be Mr Nice guy and probably liked by the upper powers