1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

A Good Manager...?

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Premiershiporbust...., Oct 2, 2011.

1. Premiershiporbust....

Premiershiporbust.... Active Member

Years ago, before the mass influx of foreign players, the majority of successful English teams had a back bone of Scottish players and indeed, our very own 1970's premier league (equivalent) was no exception to this statistic...

However, now that there is no longer a large movement of skillful Scottish footballers into the English game, it seems that they have decided to employ their tough and uncompromising approach to the game in a managerial capacity.

Currently, 50% of the top 6 teams in the premier league are managed by Scots and there are 7 in total in the division.

There are only 3 (I can think of) in our division but they have all already demonstrated ability so I think I would like a tough Scot in charge of our team as Dave Jones doesn't inspire me and Billy Davies (even though he is Scottish which goes to prove my point) is always bleating about wanting more money..

The man I am thinking of already knows us as he played in our midfield a year or so ago. Unproven, yes - but he showed us that he is forthright and won't suffer fools gladly and most importantly, he has a proven international pedigree, passion, desire and ability which will get us playing real football again....

Some might consider it a gamble, I don't - I think that he would inspire the players and kick us back into overdrive and those not with the programme would be shown the door and quickly...

Thoughts....

2. Roowfc

Roowfc Member

Simples a small % of that generation are still managing.