1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread A.F.C. Bournemouth v Watford F.C.

Discussion in 'Watford' started by Mexican Hornet, Jan 19, 2017.

1. andytoprankin

andytoprankin Well-Known Member

Looked like a groin strain from the way he was moving before he went down. I feel for him to an extent. I think he was genuinely hurt and the same ball through might've been difficult for him to defend, but he rather signalled the weak spot by going down and relied on a perhaps undue level of sportsmanship. Poor old Capoue was totally dumbfounded by his colleague.

2. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

I thought it was pathetic by Kabasele. Unimpressed.

3. andytoprankin

It was bloody naive. It was like how he might behave on a training pitch. The stakes are so high people will take whatever advantage they can. Even if someone has a 'poorly'. ;)

4. HaslemereKev

HaslemereKev Well-Known Member

The Kabasele incident was ridiculous. He seemed to hold his thigh so looked like it might have been a hammy but just to fall down like that was poor - at least wait until the ball is out or the very least at the other end. Bournemouth saw he went down and went for that space he left. It wasn't a head injury so the ref had no need to blow up! I think he would have had a few words said to him in the changing room, and can't see him starting the next match! Having said that, I thought both Kaboul and Gomes could have done better with the goal.

Overall the performance seemed better, maybe we are turning a bit of a corner - so shame our next league match is away to Arsenal. It's nice to see we are a threat from set-pieces... so when they try fancy ones, it frustrates the hell out of me. Just get it in the box, plenty of danger players in there. Celeverly seems to be the player we needed, and Capoue needs a rest!

Scullion and andytoprankin like this.
  5. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

Walter at first seemed to question the ref on that incident for their 2nd goal but soon criticised Kabasele in the WO interview.

Somebody must have had a word (probably Troy!)

Kabasele actually hobbled around for 2/3 passages of play it seems having watched MOTD.
    Trouble was we never touched the ball in that period so couldn't kick the ball out.

I see Big Sam was complaining that one of his players was "injured" as Everton scored so the ref should have stopped the game..

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  6. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

...which goes to show that managers and players know sweet f.a. about the laws.

7. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

Big Sam was waffling on about how the ref should take control and not rely on players..

Anyway seems like there was a bit of aggro at Bournemouth as there always seems to be!

Warming up for Millwall maybe?

8. Chris 13

Chris 13 Well-Known Member

In fact what the CP player did is a bookable offence. He was off the pitch with cramp and rolled back on to try and get the game stopped.

Both our match and that one, the Ref has no need to stop the game and particularly when players may be trying to slow games down, stop play, run the clock down then it is right to play on.

Hornet-Fez likes this.
  9. andytoprankin

I wish he could be given a retrospective yellow.