1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic A European night in Cardiff

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by BluefromBridgend, Jun 2, 2017.

1. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

2. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I was there Bluey - in the right hand grandstand enclosure. In fact, Bobby Woodruff took that pass from Gary Bell to start that move right in front of me. It's a strange thing though - I was 14 at the time but I remember far more clearly the semi final game we lost against Hamburg 3 years earlier.

I was only 11 then but that has stuck with me to this day whereas that win over Real has all gone a bit hazy over time. Maybe intense dissappointment as a youngster tends to remain with you to a greater extent than the pleasant things.

So on that basis, I expect the Slade/Trollope days will be with me till the day I die..........<laugh><laugh>

3. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

nope I wasn't, my dad was though, so does it count being a sperm on the bob bank....in some shape I was there in body but not mind hey <wah>:emoticon-0132-envy::emoticon-0132-envy:

4. BluefromBridgend

Only if you bought a ticket. Many climbed over the fence at the back of the Bob Bank though.

5. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

oh bugger I doubt my old man paid tbh bfb...............but I must say I still got a headache from his jumping and leaping celebrations on the night <laugh>....

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  6. Barry Tiger

Barry Tiger Well-Known Member

Thought this was going to be a thread about the Lyons v PSG women's Final played on Thursday. I was there although BfB wasn't.

Some good football in the build up but in the final third both teams were lacking with shots few and far between and pretty weak when they were.

Where have we seen that before?

Anyway 0-0 after extra time and Lyon won 7-6 on penalties

Hero and villain was PSG keeper Katarzyna Kiedrz;ynek who took some heavy knocks through the game, saved a penalty and then lost the match for PSG with an awful miss with her own penalty kick

please log in to view this image

Oh yes and I was at the Real Madrid match ........... .

7. BluefromBridgend

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzź