1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

A different kind of marking

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Captain Morgan, Mar 28, 2017.

1. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Apparently a Scotland fan rashly tweeted his dismay when Chris Martin came on as sub against Slovenia, promising to get a Coldplay tattoo on his bottom if Martin scored (which he subsequently did in the 88th minute).

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/scotland-fan-who-joked-hed-10108243

Two thoughts come to mind, first of all: it's quite an appropriate location for a tattoo inspired by such a lazy arse. Secondly, if circumstances should dictate that we get to the fresh bagel final in May, what would you promise to get tattooed and where if the Incredible Sulk were to come off the bench and score the winning goal? In replying, please indicate whether we should take your suggestions to be legally binding.

2. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

After some careful consideration, one solution seemed to be the best.

I would have "Fulham Till I Die" tattooed on the forehead..........................................................................of Chris Martin.
    We can then consider the option to buy.

Captain Morgan likes this.
  3. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

upload_2017-3-28_14-31-49.jpeg On my left cheek

And that's about as legally binding as Martin's commitment to his loan deal.

Captain Morgan likes this.
  4. Fulhaman

Fulhaman Well-Known Member

The word Cold on my shoulder.

Captain Morgan and Cottager58 like this.
  5. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Apologies for interrupting the thread but you might like to rethink that tatoo now that Rowett has also been 'tapping up' Chrissy.

Gary Rowett told RamsTV that he had phoned Chris Martin during the international break and had a “good conversation with him” and told him that he looks forward to having the striker back at Derby. Adding, "I think he is looking forward to coming back and being part of what we are doing."

Source: http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/loan-fulham-man-chris-martin-12809253

6. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Given that he is still, in permanent terms, Derby's player, and that he's due to return in the next transfer window, I have no problem with that. Where McClaran was out of order was in approaching him to come back earlier than the loan agreement without agreeing anything with us first. I'm sure that when we have players out on loan, Jokanovic or someone else from club sometimes keeps in touch with them. What Rowett has done doesn't disrupt our season or demotivate our player; what McClaren did did.