1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

_Pickford !

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by The Little General, May 13, 2017.

1. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

I wouldn't go that far mate, Butland has world class precision in his distribution and he's about the best comparison to use with Pickford atm.

2. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

I would

3. Tel (they/them)

You think he's the best GK in the world for distribution?

That's an incredible statement if that's what you think.

4. Brian Storm

Sorry, phone went so just hit post.

No mate, I've not even seen every keeper. Just playing in this country fella. Their must be hundreds of thousands of keepers registered across the globe, most are **** but some of them are bound to have unbelievable distribution, especially in south america. I'm not a dim wum mate. It's an incredible statement to surgest I meant the entire world. :emoticon-0102-bigsm

Think he's better than Butland though. Both very very good at distribution but Pickford creates chances and that's the difference for me.

Tel (they/them) likes this.
  5. Brian Storm

I must stress I'm talking kicking. Not a clue how good Pickfords throwing is, those lazy bastards are so slow at pushing out when he collects there's never ever throws on.

6. Tel (they/them)

I think in terms of potential we can have a conversation where we'd probably agree on more points, but right now I'd disagree that he's the best in the league.

The Butland comparison was because they're a year apart in age and how they've developed has been similar, and personally I've probably seen more of Butland.

Two great GK's for Southgate though to eventually overtake Joe Hart, makes a change from picking between David James and Rob Green.

7. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

England will still be **** though.

8. Tel (they/them)

Even the kicking is hard to judge mate, I'd imagine his accuracy would go through the roof if he played for City, as he'd be putting 12 yard passes around all day, under Fraudiola.

If he's got Zlatan to hit all day then I'd say his accuracy for long balls would improve too, there's a good 3ft in height between Zlatan and Defoe <laugh>

9. Tel (they/them)

Probably yeah, but it won't stop me hoping.

Libby likes this.
  10. Brian Storm

At kicking. I'm not saying he's the best keeper in the league. He got a long way to go. Butland's year out could lead to the gap closing like. Don't know, haven't see **** all of him this season while this has been a coming of age year for Pickford like Butland had last season.

Tel (they/them) likes this.

11. Brian Storm

Maybe for you if you've got to rely on stats, as distribution it's a stat muddied by the variation in styles of play, I've seen every kick this season from him this season so I'll go on what i've seen, he's got a technique nobody can replicate successfully at the moment and he's creating chances and retaining position with it. If you don't think so it's fine. No keeper in the league is remotely creating chances like Pickford though. 4 chances created, League high for keepers in his debut season in the league.

No keeper looks close to him on kicking at the moment imo. Teams are putting 2 men on him to try and disrupt his kicking, none of that effort is being put into disrupting other keepers. Cause the players and coaches know. The man is not a mystery, plenty know about him. Not tipped as the next big thing for nowt.

He's above most in the league in other areas too. Crosses and decision making are his areas to focus on. But he's young, so long as he's improving in those areas you'll not hear me grumble about him.

12. Tel (they/them)

By your own admission you've not seen Butland this season, I assume that goes for many other goalkeepers, as in you don't watch their every kick, so I don't see how that qualifies you to say nobody can replicate a technique he's particularly astute at.

Happy to disagree here and move on, hopefully your GK turns into the best in the world, at everything.

13. Brian Storm

By yours too? He's only played 4 premier league games this season man. I've seen lots of football thank you. And I saw plenty of Butland last season when he actually ****ing played. <doh><laugh>

You're nipping at my ankles like a wum mate and it's stopped making sense. If you can't handle my opinon Tel I surgest you go and **** yourself. you're just being an argumentative here. You go and watch all the games Butland didn't play this season.

Beleive what you want fella. I'm not bothered. But please accept my opinion. Because by your very own logic you can't comment either, unless you're claiming you're seen every single keepers game this season. You haven't of course, so if I'm not qualified to pass an opinion, than neither are you, so by your own wum-like awkward logic. This conversation is clearly over by your won logic. Now please talk **** to someone else. Match is on. <ok>

14. Tel (they/them)

You've actually snapped at that? You ****ing what?

What part of 'happy to disagree' don't you ****ing understand, of course I accept your opinion you gormless ****wit but I'm entitled to my own as well and just because it's rattled your cage that doesn't mean it was my intention. Your opinion was challenged and instead of having a debate like a ****ing adult you lose your **** as per usual.

This board used to be a proper decent laugh, but it's just a ****ing plethora of eggshells nowadays.

****ing tampons everywhere.

I'm out.

15. Brian Storm

Look at what you've said in our short chat. You've questioned the validity of my opinion so far on whether I've seen every keeper in the world and if I've seen every kick this season. <doh> It's you getting all arsey on what I can base my opinion on(Like you've even got the right to set the terms of my own opinion, not stopping you trying), to the point it you not only deem me 'unqualified' but yourself and everyone else unless they satisfy you unreasonable terms of what constitutes a valid opinion. You're not debating like an adult. It's petty pedantic and damn right ****in boring.

16. Tel (they/them)

Ok Bri <ok>

Enjoy mate.

You've snapped at me, Gordon, Wandy and Stu in the last 24 hours alone, but sure it's me that's out of order.

Crack on, it's your board as you like to point out so often, so I'll be on my heels.

You're right it's incredibly ****ing boring.

17. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

He does it on a regular basis.
    He'll crack off with me now. <laugh>

The Little General likes this.
  18. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Well if anyone had any doubts about Pickford's quality and potential before tonight they won't now.

19. Burly Hurley

Burly Hurley Well-Known Member

£30m or take a hike!

Nacho likes this.
  20. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

He's been awesome tonight on an occasion when there are a lot of eyes on him. Though not in the stands of course.

Positive: He's adding millions to his value

Negative: Someone is surely going to offer it