1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic 8 Questions to Duchâtelet

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by Holden Chinaski, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Holden Chinaski

Holden Chinaski Well-Known Member

I know I eluded to this, about putting questions to Duchâtelet and Meire, I have tried to put reasoning behind too, for context (some are probably poorly written):

1. We have a 7% success rate with transfers who have stayed at the club, and up to Championship standard. Why is the scouting poor, especially given the calibre of players that we used to attract in the past?

Think about it! We've had 37 transfers (loans, signings) and 4 managers under the Duchâtelet era. Only three have actually been successful and up to Championship standard. That is a 7% rate of good quality players. If anyone delivered 7% in the world, that my friend is considered a failure.
    http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/charlton-athletic/transfers/verein/358/plus/
    As an interesting stat: 63.8% of the players at our club are now foreign. Appears to be the highest out of all Championship clubs.

2. Where did all the Gomez money go?

Seriously, we haven't spent money on decent players. The last time we sold one of our promising talent to a top four premier league club, this paid for: Ben Hamer, Danny Green, Dale Stephens, Michael Smith, Danny Hollands, Mikel Alonso, Cedric Evina, Nick Pope, Yann Kermogant, Andy Hughes, Danny N'Guessan, Darrel Russell, Jason Euell, Bradley Prichard, Ruben Bover, Paul Hayes, John Sullivan, Lee Cook, Matt Taylor, Hogan Ephram, Michael Morrison, Rhyos Wiggins, Danny Haynes. Am I forgetting anyone else? We sold Gomez for more, but we have not seen such return in players leaving much needed cover lacking.

3. Why are we paying for players that no longer play for the club?
    Seriously, why are we paying for players like Piotr Parzyszek, Loïc Nego, George Tucudean and Marko Dmitrovic when it's evident that they'll never play for our club. Surely it's better to sell them all and bring in good players that'll actually benefit Charlton Athletic.

4. Why is our income supporting other clubs abroad?
    I don't care about any other club in your network that you own. As a Charlton fan, when I give money to the club, I expect it to be used on the club. We don't care about FC Carl Zeiss Jena, AD Alcorcon or Sint-Truidense V.V., and are not happy about our income subsidising other clubs, especially as it's evident that we need to use this.

5. What is the club doing to stop falling attendances?
    It does take an idiot to realise that our attendances have been falling massively since you took over. Gimmicky PR stunts of sexual encounters on the pitch, really is not going to work. People are not identifying with the players you brought in, and the ones that we do, you freeze out of team and do not play (JJ for example). This will continue till you make a change.

6. Why do you and Meire keep lying to us? We're not stupid, be honest with us.
    This'll go a long way. We know you didn't interview hundreds of candidates, just tell us how it is. We know that this whole, "we've got transfers lined up in January" is utter crap, given weeks before you've openly stated that we're "over budget." Which one is it?

7. Can we please go back to having an actual manager?

You keep buggering around and interfering in the line up, transfers, etc. I don't buy into this Head Coach malarky. When Luzon goes, which he eventually will do, can we please just have a manager, who works with his staff to identify targets that'll best fit the dynamics of the team, and pick the team he wants to play. Since you took over, the on pitch decline obviously shows that and to coin a football chant "you don't know what your doing?"

8. Why do we have a Lee Rigby memorial at our club?

This final one, might be unpopular with people here (in general), I don't know but hear me out before raising judgement. Whilst I agree it is a tragic event, our club should not be used as a platform for extreme right wing politics. The club should have remained political neutral; since the murder of, other soldiers have died on UK soil, but no one is rushing to place plaques around the place on them. I am in favour of removing this, and replacing it with a more apt tribute to all servicemen that have sacrificed or served for the greater good of our nation throughout history.

2. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Point 8) I think was raised through funds of the fans. I did post a funding page for it on here shortly after the incident.

I personally think it's a wonderful gesture and his family found it very touching. I'm centre left in terms of my political view, and am at a bit of a loss to how it's associated with the right wing (am I being naive)?

3. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

I will add I'm aware his name is also on several of the flags we take away, but thought it was just a tribute to a serviceman who was murdered on our "doorstep"?

4. Holden Chinaski

If the family gave blessing, then okay. I have known that Britain First and other groups have been using that example, of which I found disrespectful.

Hence, a club should be political neutral on such events, and I thought that a "tribute to all service people" would be appropriate if they wanted to remember.

5. Konstantin

Konstantin Active Member

7) Even some non-league clubs have this now! I went to a game a few weeks ago and got introduced to Hemel Hempstead's Director of Football!
    Hemel also had a very grey looking Matthew Spring at centre back. He played in the premier league, now he's getting called **** but i fat bloke a few feet away from him. How the mighty have fallen...

The Kish likes this.
  6. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

7. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

We will always have palace at home though <cheers>

Konstantin likes this.
  8. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

I am 100% in favour of having a Lee Rigby memorial at the Club. I would go further, and put up a plaque of some description. A genuine English hero, murdered 3 miles from the Valley by sub human scum.

A few weeks ago around a dozen moron fans turned up with "Refugees Welcome" banners. The link with Lee Rigby's murder would be lost on them.

9. Leftbehind

Leftbehind Active Member
    Staff Member

Great questions but number 8 just ruined it for me

10. Ponders Revisited

Ponders Revisited Well-Known Member

Whether left, right or middle, the Lee Rigby memorial is for all people and stands to highlight the tragic death of a local (and national) servant.

In the interests of balance, perhaps you can lobby the club to ban 'extreme' left-wing banners.

11. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

China, maybe you should edit the original thread to 7 questions?

Leftbehind likes this.
  12. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

I don't think there's a need to edit the OP. its not a view I share but don't see it causing offence.

13. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

It was detracting from the other 7 questions, so I'll look at them from Katrien's point of view.
    Q1) I said recently that "Our scouts really know what they're doing".
    Q2&3 sort of answer each other.
    Q4) Roland's priority is The Network, not one individual club.
    Q5)That's the fault of the stupid fans. Can't they appreciate the fantastic foreign stars we're bringing in?
    Q6) Yes, you are stupid
    Q7) We had a long process of interviews before we found our own Sir Alex.

14. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

A serious question to all - do you think that Katrien Meire is the most chronically under qualified and ill equipped CEO in the Championship?

I have seen it alleged on another Charlton site that Roland and Katrien have discussed Ugandan relations (you need to read Private Eye to understand that one)

#Euphemism

dick plumb and Ponders Revisited like this.
  15. Scooter

Scooter Member

I just had a look at the link provided by 'superchrissy..............'
    If I wasn't sure about Charlton having Lee's memorial before. Seeing that, I'm proud our fans cared enough to create it.
    Even more, Lee Rigby's family are clearly happy it's there. And how they feel, trumps all other opinion.

16. Leftbehind

Leftbehind Active Member
    Staff Member

This 100%

17. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Sorry for misunderstanding - completely agree with that mindset!

18. Holden Chinaski

The other seven though? Think we do need answers to.

I think that questions 2, 3 and 4 are very important. I do think that they've used the Gomez money to support their network, rather than us. Which is totally wrong and pointless from a Valley Gold perspective, as it's basically saying, "FUND Sint-Truidense V.V. PLEASE"

19. Ponders Revisited

Ponders Revisited Well-Known Member

Like England funding every two-bob country in the world, yet cutting back on its own services - it's bollocks!

DonCorleone likes this.
  20. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

The Gomez money wasn't what was suggested. We hinted at £6-£8 million. Liverpool said it was £3.5m down.

I believe due to the statute they are more inclined to be more transparent with their fees as they're more scrutinized.