1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

50% cellino sale , leeds destiny in premier league approaches , and the comedy of last 2 years

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by sniffer1, Jan 5, 2017.

1. sniffer1

sniffer1 Well-Known Member

The 50% sale of cellino stake signals the the start of the destiny of our great club leeds united to reach its rightful place in the premier league and to dismiss pretenders to the crown such as brighton and newcastle , our club has over the last 2-6 years been to hell and back , WITH alot of comedy along the way , to mark this momentus turning point in leeds uniteds history .
    Below are the comical events of the last 2 years of massimo"s reign please feel free to comment your thoughts of the past 2-6 years and of the future moving forward of this and our fantastic club leeds united , no wonder the words thier is only one leeds united come to mind ha ha

Cellino sells 50% stake in Leeds
    • Last Updated: January 4 2017, 15:47 GMT
    Leeds owner Massimo Cellino has sold a 50 per cent stake in the Sky Bet Championship club to Italian businessman Andrea Radrizzani.

please log in to view this image

Massimo Cellino: Has sold a 50 per cent stake in Leeds

Sports media tycoon Radrizzani, 42, who entered into talks with Cellino in the summer, has acquired 50 per cent of the club's share capital through his company Aser Group Holding.

Speculation over the club's future had been mounting since Cellino, 60, assumed 100 per cent control at Elland Road in September when he bought the minority stake still held by previous owner Gulf Finance House.

A club statement read: "Leeds United Football Club today confirms the completion of an investment by Aser Group Holding, through its acquisition vehicle Greenfield Investment Pte Ltd, in 50 per cent of the club's share capital.

"The agreement is between Massimo Cellino and Andrea Radrizzani, who is founder and group chairman of Aser Group Holding, the successful co-founder of international sports media rights company MP & Silva and a leading figure in the sports media industry over the past two decades."

Cellino's company Eleonora Sport Ltd had bought 75 per cent of Leeds' shares from GFH in April 2014 for a reported sum of around £30million.

Radrizzani co-founded global sports media company MP & Silva in 2004 and has strong connections in China.

"I am delighted and proud to have acquired a 50 per cent stake in such a prestigious football club as Leeds United," Radrizzani said.

"I am excited by the challenge ahead and I will work alongside Massimo and everybody at the club to make Leeds United as successful as possible.

"I am fully aware of the great heritage and traditions of Leeds United and I will endeavour to be a fitting custodian on behalf of the many thousands of Leeds supporters, who are the lifeblood of the club."

MP & Silva owns the exclusive distribution rights for the Premier League in south-east Asia until 2019.

It sold a 65 per cent stake in the company to Chinese investment group Everbright Securities and internet entertainment firm Baofeng in May when it was reported to be valued at £685million.

Radrizzani was appointed president of Baofeng Sport International in June and helped broker the sale of Inter Milan to Chinese electronics company Suning in the same month.

He added: "I am making a long-term commitment to Leeds United and will work to bring stability through ongoing investment. I aim to bring sustainable growth. I won't do anything that will put the club's future at risk.

"Through working in the sports industry for many years, I have developed a great passion for the English game and I am honoured to have become joint owner of one of the country's biggest clubs.

"I am very impressed with the job Garry Monk has done this season and I will do all I can to support him and the team moving forward.

"The responsibility is on myself, Massimo and the executive management at the club to work together over the coming months to provide the best platform and environment for Garry and the team to achieve success.

"My immediate priorities over the coming weeks are to meet with Garry and the team; the club staff at Elland Road and Thorp Arch; supporters' representatives; former players and media."

Cellino is due to start an 18-month ban from all football activities on February 1 for breaching agent rules over the sale of Ross McCormack to Fulham in 2014.

The Italian and Leeds were both fined £250,000 by the Football Association, while Cellino has already indicated he will appeal against the ruling.

If unsuccessful, Cellino's suspension means he will not be able to return to any position at Leeds until September 1, 2018.

In a statement posted on the club's website, Cellino said: "I have worked hard for the past three years for Leeds United, we are a massive club, and I feel the only way we can get better is for me to bring in a new partner.

"Andrea is young and brings a new energy with him, as well as having a good experience in the football media business, which is the future for all clubs.

"I feel that bringing Andrea in as a 50 per cent shareholder to work with me is the best choice we could have made. We will continue building a strong and healthy football club for the future."

Here is a look at Cellino's stormy tenure at Elland Road:

April 5 2014 - Independent QC overturns Football League's decision to disqualify Cellino due to a tax conviction and the Italian completes club takeover after agreeing deal in January to buy 75 per cent stake from Gulf Finance House.

May 30 2014 - Manager Brian McDermott, who Cellino had previously tried to sack, departs club by mutual consent.

June 19 2014 - Former Forest Green boss Dave Hockaday appointed head coach.

August 28 2014 - Hockaday sacked after six games.

September 22 2014 - Former Sturm Graz manager Darko Milanic appointed.

October 25 2014 - Milanic sacked after six games.

October 27 2014 - Acadmey boss Neil Redfearn signs rolling contract to become head coach.

December 1 2014 - Cellino disqualified by Football League for three months after Italian court confirms tax evasion had been dishonest act.

March 5 2015 - Cellino ban extended from March until end of 2014/15 season.

April 2 2015 - Redfearn's assistant Steve Thompson suspended following alleged fall out with director of football Nicola Salerno.

April 18 - Six first-team players withdraw from Redfearn's squad before 2-1 defeat at Charlton.

May 8 2015 - Cellino returns to office at Elland Road.

May 20 2015 - Uwe Rosler appointed head coach. Redfearn reverts back to academy boss.

July 16 2015 - Redfearn resigns.

October 19 2015 - Football League announce Cellino disqualified following another tax conviction in Italy. He appeals again. On same day Rosler is sacked after 12 games and Steve Evans appointed.

October 30 2015 - Cellino announces he will sell club to fans' group Leeds Fans United.

November 4 2015 - Former Cagliari owner changes his mind over the sale, accusing Leeds Fans United of telling ''fairytales''.

December 5 2015 - Leeds fans protest at 'pie tax' during home game against Hull after introduction of a mandatory £5 increase on South Stand ticket prices in return for food and drink vouchers.

December 29 2015 - Cellino relents at last minute to avoid Football League action after banning Sky Sports production crew from entering Elland Road to broadcast game against Derby.

February 10 2016 - Cellino insists he was joking after telling an Italian newspaper 'pie tax' introduced as punishment to fans who criticised him.

February 14 2016 - Leeds deny taking legal action against Football League in bid to dismantle collective selling of television rights and instead sell their own games.

February 29 2016 - Cellino instructs Evans not to speak to media after 4-0 defeat at Brighton. Later accuses head coach of ''talking too much''.

March 4 2016 - Cellino's sons and club directors Ercole and Edoardo involved in abusive social media exchanges with club fans. Edoardo later apologises after calling one a ''spastic''.

April 6 2016 - Football Association charges Edoardo for abusive and insulting comments and an ''aggravated breach'' as they included reference to disability. Leeds refuse to comment and are branded ''disgusting'' and an ''embarrassment'' by fans' group 'Time To Go Massimo'.

May 31 2016 - Evans becomes the latest manager to fall foul of Cellino as his contract is not renewed.

June 2 2016 - Garry Monk is appointed as Evans' replacement.

August 7 2016 - Leeds start the season with a 3-0 loss at QPR. Cellino is pictured in the stands alongside a man who turns out to be Andrea Radrizzani.

November 28 2016 - With Leeds enjoying a period of stability on the field, Radrizzani admits he is working on a deal to purchase some of Cellino's stake in Leeds.

December 7 2016 - As reports emerge that Cellino is to be banned by the FA for breaching its agent regulations over the sale of Ross McCormack, the Italian releases a statement saying he intends to appeal.

December 8 2016 - The FA confirms it has banned Cellino for 18 months, effective of February 1, 2017, and fined both him and Leeds £250,000.

January 4 2017 - The club announced the completion of an investment by Aser Group Holding that left Cellino with a 50 per cent share of the club.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Leeds_United_F.C._seasons

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  2. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

MP & Silva owns the exclusive distribution rights for the Premier League in south-east Asia until 2019.

If we get promoted, and it is an if at moment, we'd be off to a good start, at least on South East Asia Telly and Radio.

I would say Cellino knew what he was doing.

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  3. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

You could move to Tokyo or Seoul and still support the club as much as you do now!

LeedsinYork and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  4. sniffer1

I know im sat here having a beer with them all in pattaya , thailand , were all Living it up in thailand what you expect there is no way im waking up to 5c and pissing it down , im in the sub tropics of the far east 90f , blue sky wake up everyday and sunshine and of course a beautiful 22 year old bird at side of me , possibly here for 4 months see you and leeds united in the spring ha !

5. FORZA LEEDS

FORZA LEEDS Well-Known Member

Corrected for you :biggrin:

Marcos Barber likes this.
  6. sniffer1

nice try forza but on my reply above to leedslover it says , "and of course a beautiful 22 year old BIRD at side of me " wish you were here eh ? ha

7. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Sniffer put your ladyboy down for a minute, tell Gary Glitter to fook off and calm yourself. Yes its great news and could be the start of Leeds climbing back to where we belong. However you need a reality check mate as it is toughasfook to get out of this league. Look at Brighton and Derby over last couple or 3 seasons. Look at number of parachute payment clubs we still have in the league. When half the competition earns more in parachute payments than our club can get from gate receipts, you just know its unfair.

If MOnk pulls it off this year he needs a Knoghthood, next season will be harder because it becomes harder every year due to the number of ex prem clubs with prem squads on parachute payments. Look at Newcastle this term and think that its fooking ridiculous that they can spend £60m on championship players. Rad will fund Monk as much as he can but no guarantees. Ok let Gary Glitter bring you a thing and have a good day/night <cheers>

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  8. sniffer1

not seen gary mate last i heard he was banged up after getting refused permission to enter thailand , anyway back to leeds utd our new 50% stakeholder is as good as a parachute payment so we are on an even keel now with the rest of them and plus above the rest with our excellent history the players will be marching to leeds utd entry door !! premier league here we come !

9. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

Dirty old bastard, how much does s/he cost you a week, 10 Baht?

10. sniffer1

see you know what currency it is olof , i wonder how ? ha ha ( alot of quiet dirty old bastards eh ha ha see you here mate , mines a tiger !

Eireleeds1 and Marcos Barber like this.

11. Marcos Barber

Marcos Barber Well-Known Member

Olof, it has to be you! In which case, having yourself in your own pocket is genius

Eireleeds1 likes this.
  12. sniffer1

Can anyone explain why leeds utd are playing their FA CUP game against cambridge on next monday 9th jan when leeds have to play an important match at home to derby on next friday the 13th jan there is nothing like tiring out your players with a long drive down to cambridge and back then play an important match 4 days later in leeds ?????

13. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Could be worse - it could have been a Wednesday game! <yikes>

14. sniffer1

it could not have been a wednesday game as all ties for the 3rd round FA CUP have to be played from friday 6th jan to monday 9th and im sure cambridge would not mind altering their fixtures to play leeds utd as its a very big game for them !

15. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Yep TV

16. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

Thought he said we were playing Derby...;)

Whitejock likes this.
  17. Irishshako

Irishshako Well-Known Member

BT TV<ok>