1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

5-4

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Mr-SAFC, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Mr-SAFC

Mr-SAFC Member

Despite having the dullest set of away fans to grace the Stadium of Light in a while (i've seen more lively Fulham fans.....honest.....FULHAM FANS!) it was a thoroughly deserved victory. Brilliant game of football for a neutral! First half was open and end-to-end, second half came and your guys turned it up and the talent shone through.

We conceded 3 poor goals but you could have buried a couple of other chances so it was pretty fair I suppose.

We put up a noble fight for an hour but just couldn't hold off any longer. No shame in getting beat 4-2 off Chelsea.....not exactly a 3-0 demolition job though ;)

2. psycho

psycho Member

They brought canny numbers, to be fair, for a tuesday night, and i'd heard they were scrapping with some wino's in weatherspoons over the town at half 11 this morning so may be a bit of an explanation.

3. Mr-SAFC

Mr-SAFC Member

You can't argue with the amount of fans coming up but they just didn't really make any sort of noise for a team who've got a shot a winning the title, scored 4 goals and have just signed up Fernando Torres lol :p

4. safcsid

safcsid New Member

Totally agree if miracles happen and we were to ever be in chelsea's position they could not make an away end big enough for us, as we sell our away allocations out now.

5. 1

1 Guest

Our away support is usually quite good. Maybe it's the recession.

6. Torres_and_Josh

Torres_and_Josh New Member

I was there and it was probably the worst we've been to be honest. Although personally I was more interested in the game as it was end to end stuff throughout! When I say end to end I mean Chelsea have 4 chances, Sunderland have the odd one which we gift them

7. To the Bridge

To the Bridge New Member

I didn't go. Haven't done a single away game this season due to a spot of ill health, but it seemed quiet from us on the telly. I think you'll find it may have been a bit tense in the Blue ranks especially as you'd gone ahead and we didn't finish it off till the death.

As an ageing Chelsea fan I can tell you, sometimes its easier to make a noise when there's less at stake and you can relax!

Hoping to be up to seeing us win at Old Toilet later in the season... ;)