1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

30Mil for Carroll ???

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by steviegee, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steviegee

steviegee Member

Hmmmm i have a feeling if this is true MA will accept... :emoticon-0106-cryin

Thoughts ???

2. Stevie T

Stevie T Active Member

If he does i would fear for his safety

3. SirBR

SirBR Active Member

Do you not think they have stuck such a daft price on him to try and putother clubs off trying to sign him???

To NUFC he is priceless and a major part of the team, to other top flight clubs 30 million for a young player who has only done it in the EPL for half a season might be a bit to much of a risk for them. Plus the fact he is injured (Or maybe they've done that to also try and put othr clubs off)

At least that is what I'm hoping!!!!

4. Spiderman-Mask

Spiderman-Mask Well-Known Member

I don't know why he'd join the scouse tosspots. look at how badly Torres has been doing. That's mostly down to bad service. Carroll wouldnt like that crap

5. SirBR

SirBR Active Member

Media trying to fit the usual square pegs into round holes, Torress looks set to leave oh look Andy Carrolls name is flying around. Let's put him in as Torress's replacement!!!!

Usual media BS IMO

6. steviegee

steviegee Member

Too ture my friend too tue... but anything can happen no-one predicted Robinho would join City.... but only 14 hours to go until its all over and Carroll is still wearing the No.9 Shirt

7. Steven Royston O'Neill

Steven Royston O'Neill Well-Known Member

forgive my intrusion but what an easy bit of lazy journo talk is this. Torres, tall strong striker leaving. Newcastle with a tall strong striker who is being linked with move. Oh I think I will write a story.

Mind 30 mil is silly money, our 24 for Bent was silly and 50 mil for Torres is silly. I thought cash was tight in the UK.

8. steviegee

steviegee Member

Money is tight in the UK but not for football teams/players.... Bent was a waste of time anyway he only got famous when he scored against liverpool off the beachball.... if it was City that would be no object....

9. Steven Royston O'Neill

Wont even bother with the Bent a waste of time mate. Dear me.

10. SirBR

SirBR Active Member

I reckon it is just lazy journo's (at least I'm hoping), still think £30 mill is silly money for Carroll(with the intent to scare people off him). He's worth a hell of a lot more to us as a player and has a lot of growing as a player to do.

11. Steven Royston O'Neill

I agree SirBR, such an easy story to make up

12. overseasTOON

overseasTOON Active Member

If Andy's goals secure safety then he's already worth more to NUFC than the £30 million.

The fact that he's on a long term contract, happy at his boyhood club and this is only his first full season in the top tier bodes well.

13. steviegee

steviegee Member

we should sing up for a Journo's job be easy link every player up to North East.... nice easy 20k a day in back pocket :D

14. Wein14

Wein14 Active Member

Typical British media though ain't it.

I imagine that's how the meeting went.

15. overseasTOON

overseasTOON Active Member

You missed out the:

16. Chappaz

Chappaz Active Member

It would be a stupid bit of business and it's BS.

We're in the very, very unique position where we have a potentially international-class striker who has incredible passion for the team and is willing to stick by us on 30k a week.

If we sell him, good luck trying to find an adequate replacement who will score as many goals as carroll and is willing to stay within the tight wage bracket. It isn't going to happen.

17. Wein14

Wein14 Active Member

<laugh> How could i miss that out OT!

18. SirBR

SirBR Active Member

You do have to factor those things into it, local lad, first full season in the top flight with the club he helped get there, John Carver has come back who he has seems to have a lot of respect for, the team are doing pretty good so far.
    If his advisors had any sense they would be telling him to stay here where he has a good working enviroment in his home town to learn his trade and to improve further as a player.
    The team he has a round him on and off are very supportive, so why ruin a good thing by moving to Liverpool who are very hit and miss or spurs where chances are he won't start every week.

Sometime money isn't everything and Arry seems to be getting a bit desperate for a new striker. Although after yesterdays display I think it's defenders he needs to look at!!!!!

19. steviegee

steviegee Member

Too true... stays at NUFC and he will be a legend along with all the rest of them...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.