1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic 29 March - Happy Brexit Day everyone

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by User deleted as requested, Mar 28, 2017.

1. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Your level of banter was deemed acceptable.

2. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

We have more in common than that which divides us:emoticon-0126-nerd:.

3. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

I guess not when things aren't going your way.

Very odd, but his decision is made.

4. ForestHillBilly

All I can say is that for his sake thank God Jeremy Corbyn didn't actually win the election.:emoticon-0107-sweat

5. Butterfield

Butterfield Well-Known Member

"This accounts tweets are protected"

6. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

There was a point just before he vanished when he described global warming as a lie, which was a bit of an odd moment. I don't remember another post.
    Still hoping he'll be back when the new squad is fully formed- he's now called the previous ones right for the rubbish they were. His views are always welcome.

7. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

I think you should consider deleting this post Chippy, I am sure you didn't consider how bad taste it is.... errors happen <ok> but please delete

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  8. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

But the thing that you have in common (charlton) divides you more than everything else.

Just saying

9. Chippy / Glory

Considered and given what has gone before from the right wing fanatic I will leave it as the mocking satirical comment the hashtag demonstrates it to be...
    If its unacceptable to you then you delete it.

Its clear these people have died because they were not rich or tory enough to matter.
    #bloodontheirhands

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  10. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

It was NOT satirical it was just bad taste.... did you make satirical comments about the Manchester atrocity?.... no you didn't but these were just Londoners who died so they can be the subject of your wit then can they Chippy?

DickPlumb likes this.

11. ForestHillBilly

The anger should have been there 30 years ago. New Labour was no better than the Tories in this respect, worse maybe,since you know what to expect from the right. Remember Milord Mandy being "intensely relaxed about people being filthy rich"? I asked a Bromley councillor recently if they always accepted the cheapest quote when services were put out to tender, and was told that they went 60% on cost and 40% on quality. I took this to be a Yes. I asked Jim Dowd the same question a long time ago when he was a Lewisham councillor, and he was unable to give a clear answer, so it's been a bugbear of mine for over 30 years. It's a stupid, dogma-driven way to run any enterprise. There's a reason why builders and others put in cheap quotes.

12. Chippy / Glory

The point I was making was entirely political.
    These were not Londoners they were poor people from all over the globe that have been killed by Tory austerity in place for ideological reasons since 2010.

Before you shoot from the keyboard wait for the enquiry to blame tory cuts to the fire service and local government... Unless they cover it up.

13. Chippy / Glory

Made worse by a 65% cut in funding to local councils in seven years.... Will be 100% cut by 2020!
    Eric Pickles bought his cabinet seat by agreeing to the cuts.

14. ForestHillBilly

Austerity is finished now, according to Mrs May. So why is Wee. George so happy? It was his brainchild!

15. Chippy / Glory

It has been the key tory policy since 1979. They wont stop till their are no publically funded services left.

16. ForestHillBilly

There can't be a cover-up, too much of it is in the public domain already. I hope the Inquiry doesn't take too long, and also that everyone accepts the findings, and if the Political dogma of cheapest-is-best was to blame the enquiry should not be derided as a left-wing plot by elements of the press. The Daily Mail and Express are already blaming it on EU regulations (they know it's a lie), and the green lobby (bizarre, but some will lap it up).

17. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

Social media are a bit contributory. I got some stuff on Facebook over the weekend that the fire extinguishers in the tower block were past their inspection date, and some were labelled condemned well before the fire, and that one woman who complained to the council about residents fire fears was threatened with legal action. I'm very upset about this (I sort of picture myself up on the 20th floor with my children debating weather to kill them by throwing them out of the window or being roasted alive together) so I am trying to keep quiet top avoid inflaming stuff. But if some of the rumours coming out are true (and a government spokesman has now said the 'highly inflammable' cladding was banned in the UK) then there is a real criminal case here, and I hope the people who actually decided these corners neede to be cut get the prison sentences they deserve. To be honest, it does reek of the sort of 'health and safety gone mad/nanny state/red tape beurocracy' thinking which led Cameron towanted to deregulate controls, but we'll have to see what happens. One thing that did strike a chord though was that when airlines have problems their customers are put in hotels. Nothing comparable seems to be happening here.

And if anyone wants to tell me how to spell burocracy, feel free.

18. ForestHillBilly

Boot
    Roland's
    English
    Xperiment
    Into
    Touch.