1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours 2017 Summer Transfers gossip thread

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Matth_2014, Jan 18, 2017.

?

Griezmann or Lukaku

1. Griezmann

2. Lukaku

3. Others

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

And that's the Morata deal scuppered! They'll probably now want £90m <laugh>

2. theevilreddevil

theevilreddevil Well-Known Member

Not long now and Matth will be posting Ronaldo to Man United twitter rumours

3. The Prime Minister

The Prime Minister Well-Known Member

Will Ronaldo come back to UTD?

4. Matth_2014

Matth_2014 Well-Known Member

5. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

I would prefer that he didn't - not because I don't want him to, but I would rather he remained with his legacy in tact rather than not quite click in the PL for one reason or another.

The Prime Minister likes this.
  6. Christiansmith

Rather a long shot but I would love him to come back. If he plays for us, the other teams will IMO play for second place. Almost a title banker if there was ever one.

But an asking price of €150m and possibly £400k/week may prove too much for Woodward.

7. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

The amount of sponsorship he would bring would cover that, more interesting would be how he would fit into your team - straight swap with Zlatan?

8. Christiansmith

Ronaldo has developed into a player who can play as striker and a 9. But he really gets goals from any position.

The sponsorships are all tied up for years already and there is very little extra that United or any other club can add extra.

9. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

Ronaldo is so determined to end his career as the best player of all time, and I think to prove that, taking up new challenges and dominating in more country's would help to prove that. So I wonder if the Premier League will really be his preferred option. After all he's won everything there is to win in England and Spain now. So I wouldn't be suprised to see him go elsewhere.

I can kind of understand leaving Real Madrid, as it can't really get any better for him there now.

I'd love to see him rejoin us, but I can see Real Madrid holding out for far to much money for him. At 32 would he really be worth breaking the transfer record for.

He still played superbly in the big games last season, and that's why he will rightfully win another Balon'Dor this year. But there where signs that his physical attributes have started to decline. He was rested in quite a few league games, and they moved him to striker, and I'd assume that's so he doesn't have to do so much running, like he had to on the wing.

I still think he is by far the best player in the world, he proved that in the Champions League games, but how long, and how often will he be able to continue to play like that? If we could maybe get him for 50-60 million then I think it would be a great move from us. But the 175 million that they are saying is a crazy fee for any 32 year old player.

I don't know how much of that money we could recoup in extra revenue for signing him, but it surely can't be as big as that.

Christiansmith likes this.
  10. Viva_Giggsy

Viva_Giggsy Well-Known Member

Ronaldo just wants another new contract bit like what Rooney used to do use.

11. theevilreddevil

He signed one in november

12. Matth_2014

13. Christiansmith

I don't think we'll be able to get him but if we did I'll be made up. Because I said earlier I means the title. 100% and not an ounce of doubt in my mind.

I have never worried about the money paid and I'm not going to start now when we talk about the best player in the world. There will need to be some tough financial calculations and decisions to be taken but United being the biggest club in the world buying the most expensive player that shocking?

Probably won't happen but it's nice to dream :)

14. Matth_2014

15. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Part ex for Dier and I'll be a happy man <ok>

16. Matth_2014

17. theevilreddevil

And so it starts<laugh><laugh> Ffs he's not going to leave Madrid even if he did no one will pay anywhere near to 130 million <cheers>

18. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

The bit that bothers me is if we forget Morata while chasing what is more than likely an unattainable target in Ronaldo.
    It's the type of situation where we end up with neither, it would be very typical.

What is certain is we can't go for both as they play in the same position so it's one or the other. I suppose someone is out there exploring whether the Ronaldo story is true, be mad not to.

€150 million should do it.

19. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

Let's not forget that we got £80m when we sold him. If we bought him back for £150 our total spend for the deal would 'only' be £70m........... surely a steal for the best striker on the planet, plus there is the incalculable bonus of him already knowing the club inside out, so he is likely to hit the ground running. I'm sure Woodward can eke out a deal somewhere that covers the £70m (at least in part) - hell, I'd buy a shirt with his name on it even though I'd never wear it.

20. Christiansmith

If it's that, then it is cheap at the price and will likely happen. I think Real asking price will be significantly higher.