1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours 2017 Summer Transfers gossip thread

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Matth_2014, Jan 18, 2017.

?

Griezmann or Lukaku

1. Griezmann

2. Lukaku

3. Others

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Matth_2014

Matth_2014 Well-Known Member

The above tweet says we're in advance negotiations to sign Bernardo Silva from Monaco.

2. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

All this fuss over Griezmann, Atletico have to wait until they know if their transfer ban is getting lifted.

If it doesn't get lifted, there's no way they're selling him as they won't be able to get Lacazette in.

Jose needs to do his business fast, no more repeats of the Pogba farce from last summer and if De Gea is leaving set a deadline of the day pre-season starts to get the deal done or he stays.

3. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

Rather than have 22 different threads open regarding much the same thing we can keep up to date with all the paper-talk (and endless tweets) right here.

For starters, it seems Sky are reporting that our chances of signing Griezmann are ebbing away - and in the next breath Sky Bet shorten the odds on him joining in the summer - welcome to the crazy world of transfer gossip. Watch out as we re-sign all our ex-players going back to 1998 and laugh out loud as Woodward pisses away the club's money on 'young hopefuls'

4. Matth_2014

5. Matth_2014

The above tweet translation is Antoine Griezmann saying joining Manchester United is 6 out of 10.

6. Matth_2014

7. Matth_2014

8. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

He is waiting to see (as, I suspect, are a number of our targets) whether we qualify for the CL next season. Some will still come if we don't, provided we stump up more cash. I suspect he will be one of those who won't come.

9. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I could have just changed the various forwards thread title!

10. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Anyway, I was at yesterday's match and think we have some great prospects coming through. Tuanzebe and Fosu Mensah should have a part to play next season.

I think we need a centre forward, a centre half and defensive centre mid. I think Dier, just an example by the way, would be a great foil for Herrera and Pogba. I think those two will form a fine partnership next season.

When I say centre forward I mean goalscorer. I'd like to see Rashford at 9 so those goals need to come from elsewhere. Perming a three from Rashford, Martial, Mata, Mhkitaryan or Lingard sounds great in principle but can they be relied on to score enough?

The big issue is dcm and centre half though. Sort that, tighten it up, and it frees up the forwards to attack more. We're cautious because we're not very good in the centre of defence. That is the reason we don't attack enough.

11. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

So if they say no the chairman gets it <yikes>

12. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

CL qualification :bandit:

13. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

VvD to the left of Bailly would sort the CH situation, that said I am worried about Bailly's knee, he has gone down clutching it 3 times in the last 2 games and has spent some time limping/hopping. I hope he isn't being forced to do more damage after coming back early from his previous injuy to it.
    A proper combative and energetic Holding midfielder would make a massive difference to our freedom to attack, we have been linked with Nainggolan who looked great 2 years ago, not so sure now though.

14. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Are a combo of van Dyk and Bailly still a bit green though? We need a senior partner really.

I'd love Chiellini myself. Even if for just a couple of seasons.

15. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Despite their age they are both very athletic, powerfull, fast, good on the ball and above all calm. The positioning needs a little work for both but they have the speed to make up for it, they are also both very good going forward and add extra threat to the attack when their team has enough control of the game for them to venture forward. Both have extremely good timing when making tackles too when they need to.

16. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

We should have signed van Dyk from Celtic, I remember saying as such at the time. Still think we need some defensive seniority though.

I take it I'd be alone in thinking we should give Zlatan another year?!?! He'd be a better plan B than chucking Fellaini on could ever be!

Talking of whom, he is one of a few who has to sold. The temptation to put him in the pitch to 'close out' games is then no longer there. He's ****.

17. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Nope, I am with you on that.
    I do think Fellaini does a lot more than given credit for though. Not seen any stats (don't really do stats) but I would think Felli has given the ball away/ lost it less times than Pogba this season, he is clumsy and awkward but always seems to retain the ball and complete a pass when in a tussle. If that stays the same next season I will be very disappointed in Pogba.

18. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Abso-****ing-lutely to both.

Zlatan's ability to rebound from a supposed season ending or even career ending knee injury shows he still has a lot to give, and if we make the CL next year then his experience will be vital.

With the proviso of course that keeping Zlatan doesn't stop us signing another top forward so the Zlat is a contributor to our goal scoring, rather than the main source as he has been this year.

Fellaini hasn't been as bad this season as in previous, but for every game where he plays well and does a job he has another where he gets sent off or gives away a penalty. Needs to be replaced with a proper DM like Dier, Nainggolan or another who won't be such a massive liability so often.

19. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

You are linked with Varane as CB and Tierney as LB - both are young and I agree that you need experience but you don't seem to be linked with anyone over 25.

You have also made an "offer that cannot be refused" for Bernardo Silva - do you need another winger though?

As for Zlatan, I can see him staying if you don't win - he has never won a European competition and can see him wanting to before he retires.

20. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I was back home at the weekend and on Saturday was out with a mate who works at/for United is some capacity or other (driving Fergie home when he's had a few I think).

Reckons he was at training on Friday and that morning and reckons Zlatan has a small plaster on his knee and is walking round like there's nothing wrong with him. He looked ok Saturday after the match as well.

What I'm saying is, would he go on for five minutes at the end of Wednesday's game of the match is won? Highly unlikely I know and I'm probably talking bollocks but there is your european trophy.

Anyway, I personally 100% want him back with us next season.