1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

2017 Cheltenham Festival Ante Post Thread

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Bostonbob, Apr 4, 2016.

1. woolcombe-folly007

woolcombe-folly007 Well-Known Member

As far as I am aware he is due But I back him every year and every year he flops so ground depandant!

2. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

You will have to bide your time and see what handicap they end up planning for her to land the gamble.

TopClass likes this.
  3. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

So only 4 weeks-ish till the meeting and I thought id confess to the ones I've had a bet on already... None of them are to big stakes, but after putting them into a few Lucky15's they all add up if my lucks in...

Southfield Royal @ 20's in the Kim Muir
    American Tom @ 20's in the JLT
    Identity Thief @ 18's in the Arkle
    Frodon @ 14's in the Brown plate
    Tobefair @ 16's in the Pertemps
    Western Ryder @ 14's in the Bumper
    Zarkandar @ 20's in the Coral
    Augusta Kate @ 16's in the Neptune
    Martello Tower @ 20's in the NH Chase
    Mega Fortune @ 16's in the Fred Winter
    Sub Lieutenant @ 14's in the Ryanair
    Ar Mad @ 14's in the Champ Chase

Three Lucky15's all done e/w to the tune of £2 per line that should one ever come in will be £60 very well spent...!! I'm not sure that they will all make it but that's the fun in finding them isn't it. Fingers crossed hey...

I'll be waiting till much closer the day till I put the bigger money down as at the moment were not guaranteed to see some of the declared runners yet...

Ste D and woolcombe-folly007 like this.
  4. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

That **** Gary Moore has done us royally on Ar Mad - apparently he rates Cheltenham as "too unique" as a course and therefore won't be sending Ar Mad to the festival. I never heard him moaning when Sire De Grugy was winning the Champion Chase <doh>

SwanHills and TopClass like this.
  5. TopClass

TopClass Well-Known Member

Love how they wait until mid February to tell you as well.

Absolute ****s mate- in league with the bookies mate make no mistake about that.

Same as that ****ing Racing Post- be very wary about positive bulletins on a horse because they'll get pulled not long after.

SwanHills and OddDog like this.
  6. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

Very true lads. He could have said that last October really knowing his horse was high on many lists. I wonder do they take a back hander from the bookies to keep sthum for a few months until the ante post lads have had their fill. Probably being over cynical am I?

7. TopClass

Nothing cynical at all mate. It's obvious when you look at it.

8. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

Punters setting their sights on Moon Racer to rule Supreme

David Pipe's Moon Racer is the fifth most backed horse at the Cheltenham Festival despite not being favourite for the Supreme Hurdle.

Oddschecker | Tuesday 14th February 2017 / 12:23
    Moon Racer has not been seen since accounting for both Ballyandy and Movewiththetimes in the Supreme Trial Novices´ Hurdle at Cheltenham in November last year.
    The form of that race was boosted at the weekend with Ballyandy and Movewiththeimes finishing first and second in the Betfair Hurdle.

Keen to cash in on the 6/1 available, Oddschecker has seen 16.3% of all ante-post bets on the Supreme in favour of Moon Racer, while race favourite Melon has received just 15.7%.

Although we've seen more bets for Moon Racer, it's the Willie Mullins trained 5yo who has attracted the most money. As short as 5/2 to give Mullins his fourth win in the race in the last five years, 17% of all stakes placed through Oddschecker have been on the favourite with Moon Racer in contrast attracting just 13.6%.

The volume of bets on Moon Racer though has seen him become the fifth most popular horse in the ante-post markets with Oddschecker users, responsible for just over 2.1% of all Cheltenham bets.

Thistlecrack is unsurprisingly favourite among punters with 5%, while Faugheen was right up there with 3% before his withdrawal through injury.

Wooly, looks like Moor Racer will make the festival after all, like most other punters when you read the stats...<ok>

woolcombe-folly007 likes this.
  9. CaptainPops

CaptainPops Well-Known Member

And the chief protagonist for me in a lot of these games is Willie Mullins.....I ve seen cards printed where the only trainer not to confirm the jockey bookings is him. Complete bell end!!

10. Sir Barney Chuckles

Sir Barney Chuckles Who Dares Wins

I see that the Waley-Cohen’s got Black Thunder qualified for the Foxhunters at the Festival yesterday following his 2nd place at Kelso. Currently a best priced 33/1 (but is generally a 16’s-20’s shot).

Another who should qualify for the big ‘un for the ‘tally-ho’ brigade, over the next few days (has numerous entries), is Wonderful Charm. He’s much shorter in the market – currently the 2nd fave. Providing he does indeed qualify then Mr Nicholls charge could prove too classy this term.

11. As We Know

As We Know 1 of the top judges in Europe

do people actually click the links on oddschecker to bet?

12. OddDog

Staff Member

I tried it once and woke up in a parallel universe.

TopClass and redcgull like this.
  13. Ste D

Ste D Well-Known Member

I've had a wee slice of 12s NRNB on the Storeyteller in the Martin Pipe hurdle.Elliot has been cleaning up in the hcapps so much he might swerve the Neptune/Spud race for this and would most likely go off half the price on the day.

14. Bostonbob

Bostonbob Well-Known Member

I thought Jezki ran a race of promise yesterday given how he performed before his CH win a few years ago. They'll be bringing him to the boil for March and i imagine he'll run his best race of the season on the day. It may not be enough to win but he'll be in the mix in whichever race he goes for. It's a bit of a conundrum with JP's high class hurdlers. It's unavoidable for him to have two bullets in one of the races. I'd say he has the Stayers in the bag with a very strong favourite but the CH is more open. No one horse has put his hand up so if it was me i'd rather run two in that race, both with prospects roughly the equal of anything else in the race.

Yanworth battled and stayed yesterday in an average race for the level. That wouldn't be enough to win the CH but with a more suitable track and decent gallop to aim at, i'd expect him to improve in March. 11/2 with BetVictor currently probably sums up is chance. Jezki's at 25's with Ladbrokes and Coral (even though it's not non runner no bet) is fair enough for a small little each way tickle.

That along with The New One are my two ante post CH bets. I'll leave it at that this year.

15. TopClass

He can throw two at both Bob. Buveur D'air and Yanworth CH and UKWIMH & Jezki stayers. Jezki will improve half a stone on good ground and I can see JP having a 1-2 in the stayers Hurdle.

16. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Is it possible to supplement horses for the CH? If so when would that option be closed?

17. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

18. Bostonbob

Bostonbob Well-Known Member

I forgot BD. Maybe that's what will happen.

19. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

What odds the CH is not the fastest 2m hurdle at the meeting?

20. OddDog

Staff Member

I think 5 day decs is the last chance to supplement a horse Ron. Princess would know for sure.