1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours transfer thread fact and fiction

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by remembercolinlee, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

Rumours suggesting that Lemar will be joining Arsenal and the deal is close.

2. KingHotspur

KingHotspur Well-Known Member

Ryan Sessegnon and Carles Alena both signed new deals at Fulham and Barcelona.

It's a shame as those two would have been ideal for bulking up the squad and fit the sort of player we go for.

3. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Good on the lad in fairness. I'd love for us to maybe do a deal at some point for him but it's good to see a young player putting football before money.

The Changing Man and Roo like this.
  4. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

If he progresses as much as he did last year, you'll be in for him again next year. He'll cost more, but he may well be worth it.

For now, I'm just happy he's staying put. Best for both him and the club right now.

Roo and "Thanks for that Brian" like this.
  5. Now confirmed by Fulham :emoticon-0148-yes:

6. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Danny Rosebud

It's a smart move by Fulham and a win-win for the player. Even if we'd signed him I would've wanted him loaned back for the season anyway. This way Fulham stand to make much more when they sell him, the player's wages have probably doubled and he has another year to learn the ropes. Win-win and I wish him all the best - phenomenal talent. <ok>

Lovearsenalcock, Roo and paultheplug like this.
  7. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

As mentioned in the Hack Watch article, the main source for these rumours is...some bloke on Twitter with no reason to believe him, and that rumour was picked up by a former Page 3 Girl who now claims to be a footie journalist. Yes, really.

Let's be honest, though, while Goons are crowing some gibberish about shadowsthere's a more obvious reason why lemar would be tempted to the Europa League end of Seven Sisters Road: if Lemar demands his wages should be triple the £40k a week he gets at Monaco, that's that. That's what happened last summer with Mane, and while there are a minority of Premier League clubs content to encourage such mercenary behaviour, we're not in that minority.

8. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

Sky are now reporting that Arsenal have failed in bids for Lacazette and Lemar. This is going to be the longest and hardest fought Transfer Window in history. I get the impression that clubs are reluctant to sell early because they may seriously underestimate quite how mad prices have gone.

I reckon that Monaco sold Bernardo Silva at a serious under value and now they know it. If Morata is worth £80m, then Lacazette's worth more than Arsenal are offering. Maybe John Stones is worth what Citeh paid?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

9. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Which makes it all the more funnier when City think that £40m is good enough to get them Walker.

10. Citizen Kane

<ok>

humanbeingincroydon likes this.

11. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

Another Spurs fan posted on social media having met Kyle Walker in Barcelona. The story comes with a picture of the poster with Kyle. When asked, he said that he was staying at Spurs.

http://tottenhamhotspur.blogspot.co.uk/2017/06/walker-tells-holidaymaker-he-is-staying.html

Increasingly, I'm thinking that might be the case. That or Citeh are going to have to make a bid that is ridiculous, even by today's mad standards.

Citeh have tried to get Kyle to 'kick off' about leaving by making it clear, even to people who don't follow football, that they expect him to come to them. So far, nothing. Kyle's either staying or Citeh are going to to have to seriously up their game.

I just loved the Manchester Evening News' stories that they ran every day for weeks and weeks..."Citeh Insider Says Walker Deal is Done" "Citeh Don't Expect To Pay More Than £40m For Walker". Those stories are not so popular at the moment. In fact, the MEN website's transfer speculation about Citeh signing full backs doesn't mention Kyle Walker at all. Amateurs!

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
    Dier Hard likes this.
  12. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

I cannot wait til saturday (Jul 1) when the transfer window officially opens.
    If only to see what Citeh have actually paid for Walker (it will be a done
    deal by monday, right ?? ) .

13. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

Manchester Evening News : the Gallagher brothers of state-sponsored player
    unsettling.

< Manc monkey muppets >

14. humanbeingincroydon

We all knows this will only lead to headlines screaming Kyle Walker in Barcelona for talks...

15. Borussia Monchengladbach are putting together a formal offer of £12m for 23-year-old Tottenham and Netherlands forward Vincent Janssen. (Talksport)

Provided Poch has someone in mind to replace him, I wouldn't be at all upset if this news is accurate.

16. Tottenham target Carles Alena has penned a new three-year deal at Barcelona, containing a buyout clause worth £66m. The midfielder, 19, captains Spain at under-19 level and has been on Spurs' radar for some time.(Daily Mirror)

17. Tottenham have held talks with Scott Parker over a position on the club's coaching staff. Parker, 36, retired from playing on Wednesday. (Daily Express)

Interesting.

18. humanbeingincroydon

As I said a couple of days back...

On the subject things that happen to us every summer, the annual running of the Barca prospect has begun, and this year it's central midfielder Carles Alena, who every blog has long since been tripping over themselves to say is the next coming of Andres Iniesta...while I say that's someone getting in the way of Harry Winks' development while no doubt having a buy-back clause inserted into the deal.

To be honest I believe Sessegnon is the far bigger missed chance, given Danny Rose is out until mid-August (and likely not fully-fit until mid-to-late September) while Ben Davies isn't really a wing back, so unless we play N'Koudou as a wing back that scuppers playing with three at the back for the first month or so of the season.

19. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

20. Citizen Kane

£100 says it's the fact that we've appointed 2 new coaches for our academy team. That or pictures of the new kit which everyone has already seen.