1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours transfer thread fact and fiction

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by remembercolinlee, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Last 3 seasons now.

2. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

We'll probably have the youngest side for more seasons too.

All of the top teams never or rarely give youngsters an opportunity, while lower down the division sides are more than likely going to be looking for experienced players to keep them competitive and in the Prem.

The fact we also give plenty of chances to young players will stand in good stead for whenever we chase another young prospect or look to promote the next Kane/ Winks.

3. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

We've reportedly taken 15-year old Dutch goalkeeper Nick Weegink on trial.

Why do we seem to be stockpiling goalkeepers at the moment? We have Lloris, Vorm has signed an extension, Lopez is on loan and reports say we're looking to make that permanent, McGee's getting seasoning at Peterbrough, while we have Glover and de Bie in the Academy sides.

4. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

I've only seen Glover play a few times but he's always looked shaky, yet he seems to be well thought of according to reports.

de Bie suffered a nasty injury a few weeks back, not that it means we suddenly need a new youth keeper who won't even feature for at least 3-4 years.

McGee's been getting the plaudits at Peterborough, I wonder what the future holds for him, would be a shame if we sold him but then realistically his chances of surpassing Lopez (if he becomes a perm), Vorm and Hugo would seem slim. Stranger things have happened though, we all wrote Mason off years back.

5. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Danny Rosebud

Moussa-Spurs-800x504.jpg

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  6. Citizen Kane

Moussa-Spurs-800x504.jpg

7. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

8. Citizen Kane

frances_moussa_sissoko_during_training_219220.jpg

9. humanbeingincroydon

The £15m profit we'll make on him next summer will balance it all out.

10. humanbeingincroydon

We're once more being linked with Poland midfield Karol Linetty, and that's annoying - because we could've signed him for £2.7m last summer, as that's what Sampdoria paid Lech Poznan for him, but we dithered and he headed to Serie A and is now contracted until 2021. So rather than being a punt with little risk, as we could have recouped the fee or even made a tidy profit if things didn't work out, instead if we were going to make a move Sampdoria would be making a handsome profit as he's had an impressive debut season in Serie A.

Also worth mentioning is his girlfriend Wioletta Kanafa being a dead ringer for Jennifer Lawrence...

11. humanbeingincroydon

Yesterday's Standard had your (pun not intended) standard "Spurs Player X to Barca" story, this time it was Kyle Walker

Two things worth pointing out: Hector Bellerin has said that, if Wenger goes in the summer, he'll consider a move back to the Nou Camp - and there was all that talk about a buy-back clause in the deal that took him to the Emiroids in the first place, so all I have to say is...

please log in to view this image

12. paultheplug

paultheplug Well-Known Member

Spurcat won't like it. No tie, unshaven. Disgraceful. Linetty as well.

Dier Hard likes this.
  13. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I said that we needed centre-halves during the last window and I think that's still true.
    Dier's just not good enough to play that role for us yet, Wimmer's not trusted and Carter-Vickers isn't ready.
    If we're going to persist with three at the back, then we need more options there.

14. humanbeingincroydon

Maguire certainly seems to fit in that regards, especially because with little over a year on his contract (and a decent chance of Hull going down) that would lower the usual PL tax

15. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

I definitely agree that another CB (or two if Wimmer leaves) is needed, although I gotta say I'm not seeing the whole "Dier isn't good enough to play there" thing. He's got a bit of stick on social media lately and I personally feel that when in the three with Toby and Jan he's absolutely fine, more than fine in fact, as a two perhaps not so much but I really don't think there's a major problem with him there.

16. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He's definitely not up to the standard of the other two starting centre-backs, though.
    I'd prefer to bring in someone that is and have him as back-up and competition for them and Wanyama.

17. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

No one's as good as those two though to be fair mate, they're two of the very best in the world, the only other players on their level are playing for Bayern/ Real/ PSG.

Dier's a lot younger than the pair too, Jan went through patchy spells prior to Toby's arrival so I think we can spare a bit of time for Dier, especially when he really hasn't been that bad (FWIW I don't even think he's been bad, he's just been outshone by the other two, which in theory is natural seeing as they're more experienced). Besides we've got the joint best defence in the Prem and he's played more games than Toby and Jan this season, so I really don't think it's a worrying matter.

I'd happily see good a back up or two signed but I don't think we need to look at demoting Dier, for me he's far too good for the bench and in time he has every chance of being as good/ better than Jan and Toby.

paultheplug and PleaseNotPoll like this.
  18. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

Where do people think Dier will end up. Last year he was a revelation in midfield, and only the excellent Wanyama can keep him out of there. Or is he a natural centre half? Not shabby at right back either.

19. humanbeingincroydon

please log in to view this image

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  20. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

OP updated...put undisclosed until someone has a figure