1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours transfer thread fact and fiction

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by remembercolinlee, Feb 1, 2017.

1. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Sheffield United manager Chris Wilder has said it would be best for Kyle Walker to move to Man City, a comment which obviously was not motivated by Sheffield's lesser team team receiving 10% of any prospective transfer fee.

Does this mean Poch has missed a trick by not mouthing off to the press about how Adam Smith's career and international prospects would be boosted by a lucrative move to Chelsea...while hoping nobody points out we'd be getting something like 30% of the fee?

2. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

Latest rumour is that we have "concrete interest" in Thomas Lemar of Monaco. Didn't he put 2 past us last season?

3. So, do we read into this that whilst Harry is staying, the likes of Walker and maybe even the likes of Toby or Jan might be heading away? Or maybe Rose himself, as he seems to fit his own definition.....

4. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

Danny Rose hasn't said anything that is a great surprise but it's not overly helpful either as the press just put a spin on it to suggest everyone but Harry is leaving. However, Jan came out in the last week to say how happy he was at the club, so I think we're safe there. I couldn't imagine Danny would be allowed to go in the same summer as Kyle Walker, even if he really wanted to.

United are supposed to be very keen on Eric Dier but he's very important to us and I see him being offered and accepting another contract. It's said we've turned them down already at £50m.

Toby's the one we need to get to sign. Great centre halves are rare and expensive. If we can sort him out, then we'll keep this team together as I don't see Harry or Dele or Sonny pushing for a move and Christian Eriksen has just got his girlfriend to move to London, I doubt she'll want to leave quite so soon.

5. yossarian

yossarian Well-Known Member

Haven't we learned our lesson when it comes to French wingers?

Citizen Kane likes this.
  6. Billy The Spur

Billy The Spur Well-Known Member

In other words, the individual might fancy doubling his wages elsewhere, regardless of footballing reasons.

7. humanbeingincroydon

8. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

From what I've seen of Lamar, he's on another level to the likes of Sissoko and Nkoudou. He's actually performed very well at the top level in the CL.

9. humanbeingincroydon

I give it three days before this turns into a Spurs winger falls out with chairman headline on Football BSInsider...

Spur of the Moment likes this.
  10. Decent player, but hope he comes at a discount cos from what I've seen he appears totally one-footed (left)!! <laugh>

11. humanbeingincroydon

There's a sudden flurry of Twitter ITKs saying that we've agreed a deal for Ryan Sessegnon.

Here's the thing: a few days ago those same ITKs were claiming the sticking point was Fulham expected £15-20m while we were firmly sticking to our £12m valuation, so either we've met their valuation (which is likely, given the Mousers have been sniffing around - and they obviously need to revamp their squad given we keep hearing about how players don't want to remain at clubs that don't win trophies...) or there's a significant degree of Levying going around.

Or the third option, namely people posting on Twitter don't know as much about football as they let on - for example...

12. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

Levying : could be a loan back for the short term.

13. humanbeingincroydon

Possibly, although that does remind me of the story from a few months back saying we'd sign two Sessegnons for the price of one, as a deal for Ryan would also involve his younger brother Steven, who plays at centre back in their U18s.

Now if that's in play, and the word IF is the most important one in that sentence, that sounds feasible: Fulham get their £15m, while Levy can say they met our valuation for Ryan and that Steven cost £3m (even though he obviously wouldn't) That certainly sounds an awful lot like the double deal we did with Forest that saw us sign Daws as well as Andy Reid...albeit not in that order, but that's how we choose to remember it now.

14. humanbeingincroydon

Good news, everyone! Ross Barkley has decided that he'll only move to a club that trebles the £48k p/w he gets paid at Everton, which is headbutting the final nail into the coffin of our interest and allowing us to move on to targets that haven't been coasting on an undeserved reputation for the past two seasons. Of course, this does beg the question about which club will be dumb enough to give in to the ludicrous demands of such an obvious mercenary.

West Ham are prepared to meet the £140,000-per-week wage demands of Everton's England midfielder Ross Barkley, 23. (Star Sunday)

...is anyone really surprised?

15. The RDBD

I bet Levy had stuff leaked to the Spammers that Spurs were bidding for Barkley. :)

16. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Thomas Lemar's name has been cropping up everywhere lately. Our record of French wingers in recent seasons hasn't been great but must admit after watching him against us and then in a couple of other Monaco matches in their CL run, the lad looks very good. Would certainly add quality to the squad. A natural winger from the looks of things, which is seemingly becoming a rarity in football these days, with most opting to play as an inside forward on the opposite flank.

17. KingHotspur

KingHotspur Well-Known Member

Juve and Bayern have been linked with him too.

From what I seen he's a whole different level to N'Jie and GK N'Koudou.

One rumour I hope is true but I can't see us getting him.

18. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Yeah I saw the Bayern & Juve links too. Definitely won't be easy getting him that's for sure, hopefully his national team captain can have a word in his ear and persuade him.

19. The RDBD

If you see him change his surname to N'Lemar, the deal is done and dusted.

BobbyD, Roo, KingHotspur and 2 others like this.
  20. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Danny Rosebud

So the following season we'll be signing N'Mbappe?

Roo likes this.