1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours transfer thread fact and fiction

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by remembercolinlee, Feb 1, 2017.

1. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

The other suggestion would be that their president doesn't understand release clauses: if you're afraid of having a key player head to a direct rival, you make sure the direct rival has to pay more than a club from abroad - and not the other way around.

Unless of course the mentality of the Bundesliga is so ****ed the other clubs are trying extra hard to make sure their players sign for Bayern.

PleaseNotPoll likes this.
  2. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

Trying on a bit of PL price inflation perhaps.
    Levy may have just said eff off to that one.

3. The RDBD

Would it hurt the club at the end of every transfer window
    to publicly release a 'hack fail' list stating the players that
    Spurs never made any approach for ??

4. humanbeingincroydon

A better example would be clubs releasing lists of players they had the hacks play a key role in unsettling them from their clubs.

:::EDIT:::

On the subject of hack fails, I'll just throw Mundo Deportivo's report that we're after Denis Suarez onto that list...

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  5. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

A couple of seasons ago someone put a list of all the players the media said we were trying to buy and it included 100 plus names!

6. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

FFS BUY SOMEONE!

7. humanbeingincroydon

Napoli currently 1-0 up against Nice...or as Levy sees it, shaving £5m off the fee for Seri with the potential of another £5m being shaved off after the second leg.

8. PowerSpurs

PowerSpurs Well-Known Member

Current rule reads :
    As a rule, a player may not play in a UEFA club competition (i.e. UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League, but not UEFA Super Cup) for more than one club in the course of the same season. Exceptionally, however, a player who has been fielded in the first, second, third qualifying round or the play-offs of the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League is entitled to play in the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League for another club as from the group stage.

9. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

So it appears from this tweet from Sissoko would suggest that he's not close to a transfer away from the club.

It translates to "What is all the flies that fly are information? No agreement with any club then keep cool. #transfert #presse #turquie"

Maybe he should audition for the next Batman movie, he seems to be half decent at riddles.

Cheers for running it in, pal. As if it wasn't bad enough that we still haven't signed anyone.

When is he gonna realise that he doesn't deserve 95k+ a week because he's complete ****e?

10. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

I think we let the Trabzonspor rumours run to see if there were interested parties who would step in. It seems not. Still, there's a chance that some sucker will turn up on deadline day and massively overpay for him................Oh God, we're the sucker!

11. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Danny Rosebud

This is going to sound mad, so bear with me. As much as I'd like to see him gone today, it does make a bit of sense to keep hold of Sissoko this season. In a world cup year there is a chance, however unlikely, that if he doesn't get a move away from the club he will actually start putting in some effort. And no, effort alone won't make him a footballer, but it will at least help to improve his performances. And even if he doesn't, there is again a chance, however unlikely, that he will make the France squad and will have a similar tournament to the one he had that somehow convinced us that he is genuinely a professional footballer.

If either (or both) of these things happen, we will easily recoup the bulk if not all of the £30m we wasted on him. We could sell him now but I doubt we'd get more than £12-15m. Or we keep him around, and gamble his salary of £4.5m on the chance that he has a good season/world cup and leaves for £30m+ next summer.

12. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

As much as I don't particularly rate him, I don't want Sissoko gone until we have adequate cover.

He came in handy against Leicester at the end of last season at RWB and I don't think he was that bad against Newcastle either, helped KWP out a few times.

Though the moment we've got in a couple of players, I've certainly no qualms with him leaving.

13. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

No Barkley. He needs an operation on that hamstring and is out until nearly Christmas. I can't see us bidding on him now unless the fee is in single figures.

That seriously impacts on our plans. Whatever we do, we've suddenly got to an even greater lack of potential resources. That makes Sissoko staying far more likely. He needs to play to go to The World Cup. So, either he seriously ups his game or lowers his financial expectations and goes elsewhere. We're likely to be very busy in the next 2 weeks.

14. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

I think the thing that pisses me off the most about him is the amount of money he supposedly earns compared to our other players, and knowing that with out strict budgets, his wages could be used for someone who would do a much better job for us.

I tend to agree though, we can't let him go until replacements are brought in, as it'll leave us short.
    However it is a bit of a catch 22 though, as we could have the price driven down when we're in a situation where it doesn't look like we need him anymore, having signed said players.

15. KingHotspur

KingHotspur Well-Known Member

We have to keep him until we have signed someone else in his position.

Poch gave him game time against Newcastle so must not be completely pissed off like we all thought he was

16. humanbeingincroydon

“Until then it’s just rumours so it’s nothing to comment about really.” - Christian Eriksen on rumours of him heading to Barca

Of course, he could have also said "I already had to play in the same team as Paulinho once, like **** I'm going through that again" and the comments would have been just as valid...

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  17. The RDBD

Whoever he plays for, Sissoko is going to really have to front up
    in whatever game time he gets, in order to make the France WC squad.
    They are hardly short of options in the position he plays.

A small crumb of optimism I know, but beggars cannot be choosers.

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  18. The Serious Guy

The Serious Guy Active Member

In fairness to Sissoko, he was quality for all of thirty seconds against Newcastle, and had Kane seen him in the box, he might well have grabbed a goal.

On the other hand, he was completely anonymous for the other 57.5 minutes or so that he was on the pitch.

19. The RDBD

So there, everyone !!! :)

20. Allledleykingsmen

Allledleykingsmen Well-Known Member

Strong rumours from Holland that Sanchez wont be involved in their Europa game tonight.
    Also it seems Wimmer is close to joining WBA.

Is this finally coming to a conclusion?? !!!