1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread 2016/17 Premier League, Cups & Euro Watch

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by astro, Jun 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

Not the way we were cacking ourselves in those last four games you wouldn't. If we'd have had Jose we'd have kicked Palace and Southampton off the pitch and put it to bed last month.

Diego likes this.
  2. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

It wasn't for you, it was for others who were eligible for competitions but failed to win any <laugh>

3. Prince Knut

Not tonight he didn't, and Ajax looked like ****ing sticklebacks, never mind minnows.

4. Prince Knut

Dunno whether you laughed when we won the league, European Cup and League Cup Bobby, but winning the league and a European trophy is something we've achieved four times. You haven't done it once, have you?

5. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

Seeing comments on Dolberg - why would any young talent want to come to a club where the fan base writes them off after a few games.

The lad is 19 - there's a reason why other nations develop better footballers because they allow their youngsters to grow and more importantly, make mistakes.

He has a poor game, in a poor team, in a young and inexperienced team who were up against a very good defensive side. Better players have been stifled.

6. Prince Knut

Absolutely. Trump could save himself a fortune by buying Unitard's 9-man defence and lining that up on the Mexican border. But I'm not bitter! :emoticon-0100-smile

Jimmy Squarefoot likes this.
  7. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

A poor team that has managed to score 120+ goals in a poor league. How does that make him the talent you think he is?

8. saintKlopp

Does he? I must admit I don't watch every game, but when I do I see a team that puts not losing before winning, and that imo, is why they've had so many draws, and why they haven't made a serious challenge for the top places. That team has a wealth of attacking talent, but doesn't show the ambition to go with it.
    The game tonight showed that - they won, of course, but it was dire. They ceded possession to a team comprised of nothing more than a bunch of promising kids who they should really have blown away, but were instead content to stifle them out of the game.
    Too often they approach the game in the manner of an underdog when in truth there are only a handful of teams that they need to be adopting that attitude towards.
    This doesn't appear to be on a needs must basis, it's an overall philosophy.
    I'm aware that this opens me to accusations of envy, but I just find it really dull and it's not what I watch the game for.

* Record Points Total likes this.
  9. Prince Knut

I'm not sure if I'm not both: bi-curious, in a vicarious manner, as it were. :emoticon-0114-dull:

10. saintKlopp

What - envious and bored?

11. Prince Knut

Hmmm. Yes. It's so comically dull. Like collecting beer bottles or bus tickets. I think Unitard fans should carry flasks and pocket notebooks.

saintKlopp likes this.
  12. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

He's overrated, and it certainly looked that way tonight. He looked like a rabbit in headlights throughout. The whole Ajax team showed they are a very average side. Celta Vigo and Anderlecht are better than that rubbish. Most championship sides would have offered more going forward than that load of rubbish. Did they even have a shot on target?

13. moreinjuredthanowen

A couple for the ststs just.

They were children.

They did well to get there, medals for participation for teacher and a cert of achievement

14. carlthejackal

carlthejackal Well-Known Member

Oh well. What we all feared happened. They have now leap frogged us into the CL. It is amazing how one match and one win can transform a season from failure to success. (I doubt that astro will argue with me about their "success" since he already viewed our 4th as a "success")

somehow I suspected that Mourinho's defensive team was well suited to an important cup match. And Ajax played well into their hands, running out of ideas looking like boys against men.

15. Jimmy Squarefoot

My apologies- I meant poor on the night. <ok>

This Ajax team is very young and credit to them for getting to the final in a prestigious European competition.

16. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

you mean leapfrog as in qualifying vs group stage? yeah well.

but that is not a one match. Systematic loophole of matches FFS.
    Jose & Manu pathetic undeserving in CL. Shame for CL.
    But he can buy another 300 Million pounds worth of talent and make it better next season.

17. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

United were tactically better, they let Ajax come onto them and then broke/looked for set plays. It may not have been the most exciting game to watch but it delivered what the fans want, a trophy.

I have watched Everton play some lovely stuff this season and not win a bean, now I would have been happy to celebrate a cup win or two with that style of football.

18. moreinjuredthanowen

so sayeth the desperate.

thats why RA sacked the guy at cheslea the first time. couldn't watch it any longer.

19. Jimmy Squarefoot

But the guy is a winner and has gotten united in the champions league ...

20. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

I know there are people now who will say they would rather watch the beautiful game and not see a team win a trophy. But I would guess they are some of the people who enjoyed the glory days before the backpass rule <confused>

Tobes, Jimmy Squarefoot and Stan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.